The Democrats Gloat Thread

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:52 pm
This post serves no purpose other that providing a place for Democrats to gloat about and celebrate the many recent turn of events in politics.

I love the fact that this president's approval rating is so low that it's second only to Nixon just before his resignation. (Another Republican)

I love the fact that Doctors, not politicians have proven Michael Schiavo and rite to death with Dignity to be rite and the parents to be severely dodging reality. Not to mention the ignorance of their rite to so called "Life" polititians in Washington.

I love the fact that the more conservative the supreme court gets a lower their approval rating plummets.

I love that more and more Republicans are siding with Democrats by voting to repeal the most harmful portions of the Patriot act and calling for an exit strategy to the Iraq war. Because they know that if they don't side with the Democrats they will be voted out of office.

I'm thrilled that it's becoming harder for Bush to ignore the Downing Street Memos and will soon have to provide some answers to the public, What answers could possibly explain the Memos, other than to look us directly in the eye and lie some more. Americans are starting to see through the lies. That's great for Democrats, The more honest party!

I'm thrilled that the Republicans best candidates to run in 2008 are either Rice or Jeb… Either would be more of a joke than Bob Dole if they ran and whoever runs against them would be a synch. Hopefully it's Hillary.

I love the fact that the two most Republican states in the union (Texas and Florida) are now the most laughed at states. "Don't mess with Texas" Right.. We don't have to… They're making fools out of them selves!

Yep, things are looking a lot better for the Democrats. We may still be the minority in the House and Senate, but it's still a great time to be a Liberal. Republicans have no strategy except the same old tricks that aren't working anymore. It's tough to be confronted with the truth when the strategy of your party is to Lie, Lie, Lie. (Bush's strategy, The more you lie, the more it becomes the truth).

Let's see, what have I left out? Please tell me why else it's great to be a Democrat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 56,418 • Replies: 1,643
No top replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:08 am
Shhh! You'll jinx it!

I think it's a little too early to start singing "Happy Days Are Here Again," though these are hopeful signs.

Let's not get too worked up over the removal of the Fed's ability to look at library and bookstore records from the Patriot Act that recently passed the House. The worst parts are still in there.

On a brighter note, many states (including many 'red' states) have signed on as plaintiffs in a lawsuit against No Child Left Behind, foremost among these plaintiffs are conservative strongholds Texas and Utah.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 03:03 am
I love that America might - just might - be coming out of its contemporary Dark Ages and into a new Renaissance. I will be very happy when the rest of the world can, once more, look to America for guidance in all that's good. But you'd better hurry, China is looming large and I don't want those totalitarian bastards to be the next world superpower.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 06:35 am
I love it that Bush is rapidly becoming a lame duck president. And that the republican rats are starting to desert the sinking ship.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 06:36 am
If you think this changes how the 53% of the voters that elected Bush will vote in the next election you are crazy.

I am becoming more dissillsioned with the ability of humans to make any decision that is not dogma directed. Reason and thier own opinion will get them to the poll and they will vote for 'not liberal' - whoever that is.

TF
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:07 am
Quote:
… Either would be more of a joke than Bob Dole if they ran and whoever runs against them would be a synch. Hopefully it's Hillary.

This is the only part of your gloat I disagree with... but it scares the crap out of me.

Hillary is perhaps the only way the Democrats can screw up the good things you have rightly pointed out. Hillary is more Kerry than Kerry is... a candidate that will be pilloried for being too liberal while, at the same time, losing the votes of real liberals for being too mediocre.

Hillaries recent comments on several issues have already lost my vote... and I am as liberal as anyone here.

Repeat after me.... Hillary is poison, Hillary is poison, Hillary is poison...

There.I feel a bit better now.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:19 am
I agree with the last two post, it is too soon to gloat.

Nevertheless, every good thing is a good thing.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:20 am
Brown
I believe you are wrong about Hillary. However, who would you suggest that would make a better candidate.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:35 am
vote early, vote often, vote Kucinich.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:39 am
Mills75 wrote:
Shhh! You'll jinx it!

I think it's a little too early to start singing "Happy Days Are Here Again," though these are hopeful signs.

But it's very nice indeed to see some hopeful signs, a bit of confidence returning .... God knows, the US desperately needs a healthy opposition. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:41 am
I love the fact that the usual A2K suspects will soon be along to SPIN SPIN SPIN....and it will provide me with CHUCKLES CHUCKLES CHUCKLES......

Unfortunately I feel like we are now due some sort of major tragedy so that bush can appear as a strong war time leader and re boost his ratings.....I'm sure they're planning one right now.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:44 am
Hmmm. Tempting, but for now I'll just step in to agree completely with ebrown -- I fervently hope it's not Hillary, for the reasons he gave and TTF's tacked on, in that she will instantly garner "not-Hillary" votes for the other side. Not just because she's liberal, but because of who she is. Way too polarizing, which could still be OK if it was love her/ hate her polarizing, but I'm another one who likes her fine but would prefer to not have to vote for her.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:47 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
...Unfortunately I feel like we are now due some sort of major tragedy so that bush can appear as a strong war time leader and re boost his ratings.....I'm sure they're planning one right now.

Shocked Don't say that! It seems so plausible!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:50 am
Or capture Osama, finally.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:51 am
msolga wrote:
...Unfortunately I feel like we are now due some sort of major tragedy so that bush can appear as a strong war time leader and re boost his ratings.....I'm sure they're planning one right now.

Shocked Don't say that! It seems so plausible!

here's something more disconcerting...I've got it figured out and I'm a rock musician and karaoke operator for God's sake....where the hell are the brain surgeons and rocket scientists and why aren't they speaking up? Laughing

<wingnut contingency rolls up sleeves, cracks knuckles and prepares to type "Because they're not brainless idiots like you, BVT">
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:10 am
roverroad wrote:
Hopefully it's Hillary.

ebrown_p wrote:
Repeat after me.... Hillary is poison, Hillary is poison, Hillary is poison...

I strongly agree with roverroad, and disagree with ebrown. Contrary to the periodic smears by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter and others, Hillary Clinton is a reasonable politician with a habit of making sense. Like her husband, and unlike John Kerry and Howard Dean, she has both charisma and an understanding of political strategy. If you disagree with her positions, fine, support someone else. But my general impression from discussing Hillary with Democrats is this: Personally they tend to like her, but won't touch her with a glove -- they currently have this reflex of supporting their candidates to appease conservative America, not to speak up for what Democrats themselves believe in. Your party has to get over that reflex before happy days are here for you again.

Meanwhile, roverroad's list of things to gloat about is a nice start. Happy gloating, Democrats!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:27 am
PS: I notice you forgot to gloat about the fact that Howard Dean is now chairman of the DNC. Unlike the Republicans, who have done very well at cultivating their own grassroots and networking on that level, the Democrats' campaign stands I saw on my last visit looked like the initiatives of single individual heroes, with only limited support from their peers and their party. Individually, I found them much more capable and interesting to discuss with than the people at the Republican stands, most of whom delivered their talkingpoints with autistic, droidish uniformity. But I guess there must have been a lot of friction in the Democrats' system, or else those capable people wouldn't have lost against an unpopular president. (Of course, my sample was too small to be representative.)

Judging by his campaign for nomination, Howard Dean could prove immensely helpful in the currently undercultivated grassroots department. So while it is not my place as a libertarian Independent to assign homework in a thread made for Democrats, I would suggest a gloat for Howard Dean here.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:40 am
Thomas wrote:
PS: I notice you forgot to gloat about the fact that Howard Dean is now chairman of the DNC. Unlike the Republicans, who have done very well at cultivating their own grassroots and networking on that level, the Democrats' campaign stands I saw on my last visit looked like the initiatives of single individual heroes, with only limited support from their peers and their party. Individually, I found them much more capable and interesting to discuss with than the people at the Republican stands, most of whom delivered their talkingpoints with autistic, droidish uniformity. But I guess there must have been a lot of friction in the Democrats' system, or else those capable people wouldn't have lost against an unpopular president. (Of course, my sample was too small to be representative.)

Judging by his campaign for nomination, Howard Dean could prove immensely helpful in the currently undercultivated grassroots department. So while it is not my place as a libertarian Independent to assign homework in a thread made for Democrats, I would suggest a gloat for Howard Dean here.

From an outsiders view, wouldn't you say Thomas, that the a droidish autistic citizenry is what the current leadership desires and is cultivating by every possible means?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:55 am
From an outsiders view, wouldn't you say Thomas, that the a droidish autistic citizenry is what the current leadership desires and is cultivating by every possible means?

Maybe, but this is not about the current leadership. This is about you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
I resent that. I'm not autistic. Laughing
0 Replies