Hallowen

maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 01:47 pm
How is it possible hallowen is being celebrated in chatolic schools ?

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 01:54 pm
@maxdog,
Chatlolics celebrate a three day holiday
A. All Hallows Eve (In which , I understand, alcohol is usually involved)

B. All Saints Day (Nov 1) a holyday of obligation

C. All Souls Day (Nov 2), in hich we dig up our long dead relatives and march them around the street. Again, alcohol is involved.
maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:11 pm
@farmerman,
I don t know of you re joking with digging up dead relatives , probably , but what Im talking about the hallowen at chatolic schools.

Hallowen is pagan feast and the church says it is related with occult and the devil .
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:26 pm
@maxdog,
Halloween is related to the devil. All you need do to prove it is look at Pres. Trump's jackolantern head.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:32 pm
@maxdog,
Halloween does not go back to the pagan Samhain, but is related to the Christian memorial celebrations of the dead on All Saints Day and the following All Souls' Day.

"All Hallows Eve" (= Halloween), the night before All Saints' Day, came with Catholic Irish immigrants to America.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
So I am right to be surprised that it s being celebrated in church schools to chatolic children . Impressive how the world is being mixed up from all angles.

You should be proud to have him .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Dias de Muerto is the Spanish version of "All SOuls Dy" Nov 2.

Although there was an original pagan bachanaal involved in ALL HALLOWS EVE, the Catholics, who are the BEST in the work of converting the convertible, Have created the concept of a religious "Quid pro Quo" especially for Halloween.
Kids show up dressed in zombistic costumes and utter the familiar phrase
"WHATS IT GONNA BE MISTER, THE CANDY OR YOUR FRONT WINDOW ??"
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:42 pm
@farmerman,
In the past, the eve of All Saints' Day was accompanied in all Catholic regions by a variety of year-end customs and signs of the connection between the living and the dead.
maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:53 pm
@farmerman,
I heard a chatolic priest banning this feast ,that s why I m saying this .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Not as my local priest is preaching, he s saying you can t joke with occult practice ,and he s an exorcist too.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 03:02 pm
@maxdog,
Obviously, he's not well informed about the Catholic church history (hint: Pantheon, Irish missionaries in Saxony/Germany, Pope Gregor IV et. al.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 04:58 pm
@maxdog,
The priests knowledgeable of the Masses of exorcism, arent supposed to pass it around like the weather report. Its a solemn responsibility in the church.
Id imagine that your priest was pulling your leg.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 05:06 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

chatolic schools.

First. There literally isn't such a thing a chatolic schools.
Second... and I can't believe someone in the 21st century has to explain this to an adult? Things like the Halloween holiday have basically evolved and divorced itself a million times over from its millennial old past.

It's a commercial holiday. It's been a commercial holiday for at least a century.

Quote:
In 1919, Ruth Edna Kelley wrote The Book About Hallowe'en, which still remains one of the greatest historical accounts of the holiday. Formatted with poems, games, and folklore, it's a must-read for anyone wanting to get the full Halloween backstory up until the modern era.

Quote:
Halloween decoration lovers, you can trace this popular American custom back to 1920 when Pennsylvania-based company Beistle Company introduced a hair-raising line of party goods that helped popularize the tradition.

Quote:
Halloween parties gained major traction in the 1920s, reaching peak popularity in the '30s. Planning for these elaborate fêtes would sometimes kick off as early as the summer before, usually in August.

Source

The Catholic Church has stopped witch burning even longer than that. So? Even the Catholic Church as modernized in fits and bursts.
Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 09:35 am
My daughter is attending a Christian School - not Catholic - it accepts students of any Christian faith so it is very broad.

They simply celebrate Harvest Fest - same thing just a different name and it makes everyone happy. Just no "evil" or "violent" costumes. But that would be similar to any public school now as well -

but I agree - Halloween is no longer a pagan type "holiday" - kids are not celebrating the devil when they dress up like Olaf and go trick or treating.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 10:14 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
They simply celebrate Harvest Fest - same thing just a different name and it makes everyone happy.
In the Catholic (since the 3rd century) and Evangelical/Protestant (since 16th century) tradition, Harvest Fest is celebrated on Saint Michel's day (September 29) or the following Sunday.

In Catholic churches in Germany, it's now the first Sunday in October as it is in the Evangelical Church of Germany.

It's traditionally (and, of course, liturgically) totally different to All Saints/Souls Day (or Halloween).
Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 11:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

It's traditionally (and, of course, liturgically) totally different to All Saints/Souls Day (or Halloween).

However, it is celebrated at schools and Christian churches in the same manor as Halloween - dress up in costumes, candy and fall decorations. They even go trick and treat for the young kids. Some churches do dress a trunk where people park their cars in the church or other parking lot - decorate them and give treats out of the trunks.

It really is not much different than any Halloween celebration or party or trick or treat I or my children have attended.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 11:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Chatlolics celebrate a three day holiday
A. All Hallows Eve (In which , I understand, alcohol is usually involved)

B. All Saints Day (Nov 1) a holyday of obligation

C. All Souls Day (Nov 2), in hich we dig up our long dead relatives and march them around the street. Again, alcohol is involved.

Always good to see a fellow Chatlolic, will you be marching this Nov 2??? I’ve been banned from the cemetery until 2021, I’ll have to just tag along behind the others.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 11:49 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
However, it is celebrated at schools and Christian churches in the same manor as Halloween - dress up in costumes, candy and fall decorations.
Here, it's really a harvest fest.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 12:09 pm
@maxdog,
According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica:

Quote:
In ancient Britain and Ireland, the Celtic Festival of Samhain was observed on October 31, at the end of summer…. The souls of the dead were supposed to revisit their homes on this day and the autumnal festival acquired sinister significance, with ghosts, witches, goblins, black cats, fairies and demons of all kinds said to be roaming about. It was the time to placate the supernatural powers controlling the processes of nature. In addition, Halloween was thought to be the most favorable time for divinations concerning marriage, luck, health, and death. It was the only day on which the help of the devil was invoked for such purposes.

https://www1.cbn.com/the-pagan-roots-of-halloween

Americans spend over $9 billion dollars annually on Halloween, making it one of the country’s top commercial holidays. That's how Devil play, we waste our money on unnecessary things while we know there are many who are in need of basic necessities if like such as food and water.

Everything is Christianity is far from truth including the name of Jesus ( who translates names even when a language changes? My name is Habib and it will remain Habib whether it is written in English or Spanish or French).
Look at the image of Jesus in Churches, was he really a Caucasian?
How about Santa? People know its a lie but they teach their kids to believe in a lie right from their childhood.
Even Christmas day is birthday of pagan gods not Jesus.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2019 12:13 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
HabibUrrehman wrote:

That's how Devil play, we waste our money on unnecessary things while we know there are many who are in need of basic necessities if like such as food and water.

I bet you're super fun at parties. Wearing nothing but burlap sacks for clothes and subsisting only on thistle seeds for nourishment.

1. Forums
  2. » Hallowen
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:59:26