Hallowen

Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 11:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Very well, then. Since I like to believe that I know what's good for me, I will refrain from dealing with you.

You win this one, fellow poster . . . until we meet again!
glitterbag

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:28 am
@Glennn,
till we meet again 😎☣︎
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 05:01 am
@Glennn,
I never said it sounded mysterious. I said you were trying to sound mysterious, there's a significant difference.

I think Sesame Street covered it a while back.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 09:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors, double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand.

Considering your intention to ridicule that poster, this statement of yours is funny.
Quote:
It's quite sweet that you try to sound mysterious.

What is so mysterious-sounding about me pointing out that the structure of the sentence in which you ridiculed a poster was itself flawed?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 09:09 am
@Glennn,
I missed out one word at the end because I was in a hurry. It's not in the same league as someone who needs to use a spell check for Catholic.

You're just looking for an argument.
Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 10:37 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors, double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand.
Quote:
I missed out one word at the end because I was in a hurry.

Missed out one word at the end? First of all, you placed a comma after the word "error" when you should have used a period. Second of all, what follows your comma does not complete the sentence. Furthermore, you refer to the topic in hand when it should be the topic at hand.
Quote:
It's not in the same league as someone who needs to use a spell check for Catholic.

Maxdog left out one letter in the word "catholic." That is not in the same league as someone who uses wrong words and then fails to finish their sentence.
Quote:
You're just looking for an argument.

There is no argument. When you're wrong, you're wrong. Correct grammar is nonnegotiable.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 10:58 am
@Glennn,
That's not the only spelling mistake Maxdog made and you know it.

There's nothing wrong in placing a comma instead of a full stop after error either.

I'd already covered your second point, I missed out a word at the end.

In hand is acceptable too. I don't speak American English.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/in-hand
maxdog

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:16 pm
@Glennn,
Hey bro thanks for the hand . English it s not my language and you expect that from me .
Another thing I Don t focuse on capital letters and so on and if you see my earlier writing the word Catholic I wrote it good many times, it s just laziness.

Izzythepush wants to make these things a big deal, don t need to . Maybe he s obssesed with this.

In the end of the day what counts is that is understandable and that I say the right things that I always try to do .
Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There's nothing wrong in placing a comma instead of a full stop after error either.

With or without the comma, your sentence is incomplete. If you think not, then what is the word you believe is missing from the statement below?

"It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors, double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand."

________________________________________________________________________________

I'll fix it for you: It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors. Double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand are also an issue.

Or: It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors. There are also double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:21 pm
@Glennn,
abound.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:28 pm
@maxdog,
Not a problem.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:32 pm
@Glennn,
You're a right sneaky bastard. You asked what word was missing then edited your post to say something else entirely.

Now you're resorting to cheap tricks.
Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're a right sneaky bastard. You asked what word was missing then edited your post to say something else entirely.

Now you're resorting to cheap tricks.

Nope. Wrong again. I was editing my post during the time that you were posting. Me thinks you're a little on the paranoid side.

However, after seeing your post with the missing word, you're still left with the misplaced comma. You should have used a semicolon.

I don't normally go after people for not using the proper punctuation, but since you decided to go after someone whose first language is not English--talk about cheap tricks--I thought it was appropriate.
maxdog

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:02 pm
@Glennn,
Wow man you re a genius.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:03 pm
@izzythepush,
In our language we say , someday even the biggest bully will find the hat that will suits him , and man you really made it lol
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:10 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
Me thinks you're a little on the paranoid side.
Methinks is one word.
Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for that. You were very gracious there. I won't make that mistake again.
maxdog

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:16 pm
Something it have to do with this new topic about me in english language , Im in an irish pub and a guy that have to be somewhere from the Uk was serving me the 4 th pint of beer and tried to say a joke to me and was so fast that I told him to slow down cuz i didin t understand a word lol
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
C mon guys , who s not in sin throws the first stone lol
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 01:26 pm
@Glennn,
The pleasure was all mine.

1. Forums
  2. » Hallowen
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:10:13