Hallowen

maxdog

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 01:23 pm
@izzythepush,
If you don t have anything to say about a question don t say nothing , not doing the spell.check job just to say something
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 02:10 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

If you don t have anything to say about a question don t say nothing ,

That's exactly what I did.
maxdog

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
It s not because you wrote about a spelling mistake
livinglava

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 02:28 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't think you have read the Bible either LivingLava. You can't ignore what Jesus says and still claim to be a Christian. Love, compassion, forgiveness are the core of what Jesus spoke about. He didn't talk about drug dealers, or borders or nations or fear of homeless people. He did talk about welcoming the stranger and selling your possessions to give to the poor.

The Bible also says to try to win people over to virtue, and if it doesn't work, to treat them as "a pagan or a tax collector."
Quote:

Matthew 18
A Brother Who Sins

15If your brother sins against you,c go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’d 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

But what exactly does it mean to treat someone as 'a pagan or a tax collector?' There are some people that won't see the light and all you can do is give them what they are due and try to avoid them further. If you could, you would help them more; but they won't allow you to because they have their own beliefs and values that are unreachable by you.

Jesus wrote:

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Your enemies are the people you are criticizing as unChristian. You are supposed to be practicing this you are posting with regard to them. You are preaching that they are not Christian, but are you loving them as you preach they should do against their enemies?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 03:21 am
@maxdog,
It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors, double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand.

The harmless fun people get up to at Halloween is nothing compared to the bigotry you preach. Shitting all over the words of Christ while masquerading as a Christian has got to be far, far worse than giving some sweets to kids dressed up as monsters.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
Happy All Souls Day,
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:33 am
@farmerman,
The same to you. I believe it's also Fast Eddie's birthday, not the character in the films but a bloke I used to know.

He was a right tightwad.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
We have a lot of Mexican folks moved into the rural towns in Pa so we have some extra holidays in which alcohol is involved.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 04:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Lol atrocious grammar . A lot of difficult words now to express yourself . Always go for the easiest ones for me . Thanks
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 05:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's not like spelling mistakes are your only errors, double negatives and atrocious grammar all mixed up with profound ignorance about the topic in hand.

Considering your intention to ridicule that poster, this statement of yours is funny.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 05:27 pm
@Glennn,
We had a bumper crop this year, I'm pretty sure it was over thirty kids. My dog loves it, she thinks all the kids are coming to see her.
Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 06:02 pm
@glitterbag,
I must confess that I haven't had any kids at my door in about thirty years. I live in the country and my driveway is over three hundred feet long. It's a long dark walk.

Actually, kids don't come to my door for treats because I arranged things that way. I dressed up as a very old man, and when the trick-or-treaters knocked on the door, I'd open it and invite them in. And then I'd give them a spoonful of peanut butter, which they had to eat on the spot. Then I'd dip the same spoon into the peanut butter jar again for the next kid in the bunch, and so on and so forth. Then I'd give them each a potato with baking instructions, and then drop a hardboiled egg into their bags. And some of those eggs weren't hardboiled.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 06:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Okay, I didn't really do that. But now that I've written it, I think maybe next year . . .
glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 07:24 pm
@Glennn,
Dammit Glennn, you have stolen my potato gambit. By the way, rumor has it you don't have to dress up to appear like an old man. Snap!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 07:43 pm
@Glennn,
Not really, it's just a variant of the same old argument, pot kettle, irony, etc. etc.

It's quite sweet that you try to sound mysterious.
Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 08:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's quite sweet that you try to sound mysterious.

I assure you that it only sounded mysterious to you. There's nothing mysterious about me telling you that you look like a fool when you criticize a poster about their grammar while the quality of your own sentence leaves so much to be desired.
Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 08:07 pm
@glitterbag,
I will deal with you later. It might not be today. It might not be tomorrow. Or it might be tomorrow.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 09:05 pm
@Glennn,
No you won't......if you know what's good for you 😎
Glennn

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 09:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Holy crap! That was a very threatening post. I wasn't really going to deal with you. I was just jokin' around. But now that you've backed me into a corner, I'm going to have to deal with you; not because I want to, but because you've put me in a position where I have to get you before you get me. You brought this on yourself.

And you can expect it tomorrow . . . or sooner . . . or later.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:15 pm
@Glennn,
See response from above.

1. Forums
  2. » Hallowen
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 03:00:27