Hallowen

maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 05:11 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

About the illegal immigrants , christians don t hate them but if they try to take their land, force their religion, rise criminality and take their jobs and so on they have to fight at somepoint .

What you thought , because trump is a christian he s going to be the slave ? Please

This is exactly the problem Maxdog... even when you are making excuses what you say is the opposite of what Jesus said. Read the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus said to not judge, and to love your enemies.

There is no where in the Bible that Jesus refuses to help someone because of their religion, or accuses them of criminality or because he was afraid they would take the jobs of White people. By lying about "illegal" immigrant "raising criminality" you are violating one of the ten commandments.

Yes! What you are saying is hateful. And No! it is not anything like the gospel of Jesus.
livinglava

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 05:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

maxdog wrote:

About the illegal immigrants , christians don t hate them but if they try to take their land, force their religion, rise criminality and take their jobs and so on they have to fight at somepoint .

What you thought , because trump is a christian he s going to be the slave ? Please

This is exactly the problem Maxdog... even when you are making excuses what you say is the opposite of what Jesus said. Read the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus said to not judge, and to love your enemies.

There is no where in the Bible that Jesus refuses to help someone because of their religion, or accuses them of criminality or because he was afraid they would take the jobs of White people. By lying about "illegal" immigrant "raising criminality" you are violating one of the ten commandments.

Yes! What you are saying is hateful. And No! it is not anything like the gospel of Jesus.

Jesus said of his killers, "forgive them, they know not what they do."

We are His killers. He died because of and for our sins.

How do we save a world of sinners and sin when we ourselves are sinners as well?

We can't. He can. So we pray, "God's will be done on Earth as it is in heaven."

But what nation do you really expect will reach Jesus' level collectively and turn the other cheek and stand down border control and every other form of defense in order to give themselves to the mercy of every other government of this world?

Even if some Christians wanted to do that, they would be overridden by others, Christian and non-Christian, who will stand up and fight for their nation.

So what can Christians really do besides acknowledge the ubiquity of sin, including our own, and pray for forgiveness?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 06:13 pm
@livinglava,
Nice sermon LivingLava. I have read the Bible. The message is pretty clear. If you follow Jesus you will have the fruits of the Spirit. This is personal, the God of love working through you. All your bullshit about politics and countries and borders... Jesus didn't say a word about that.

Jesus told you to act with righteousness. He told you to welcome the stranger, to have compassion, to act with mercy and to forgive.

The rest is just excuses.

Read Matthew 25..... Jesus is talking about how we personally should help people in need (people who are in need of clothing, food, shelter). He says "welcome the stranger". Jesus says "However you treat these people, that is how you are treating me".

I have not seen you, or MaxDog, or the loud Christians, express any compassion, love, care, forgiveness toward the people in need you call "illegal". All you offer is fear, hatred, and judgment.

I know you by your fruit.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 10:08 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

I know perfectly what is a true christian..

I'm not so sure about that, you suggest you believe Trump is a Christian...maybe I misread you.
maxdog

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 11:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Let s reduce this situation that my country is my house , my country people is my family and the illegal immigrants are the peoole outside my house that I don t know them . Do you really think that I have to let my door house open to anyone so that everyone can enter my house with my family and kids in it whenever they like to just because Jesus said that ?

You have to be lose your mind if you pretend a christian to do that .

Or else are you pretending that a christian will solve the homeless problem by helping all of them and give anything he have a die instead of them with hunger . Im sorry but things don t work like that for a christian . SAFETY FIRST AND CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME
maxdog

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 11:31 pm
@maxdancona,
When jesus said that he was not talking to make enter the devil in your life , by terrorism you are doing the same , terrorisim is the devil , jesus said to us to fight that with all our heart .
When he was talking about help other people in need he was nt talking about wise people with no need and abusing about the system of help and they didin t burned the country like they did in greece and pretend the locals to say thank you .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 11:32 pm
@glitterbag,
When he talks he mention god like any other pres.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 01:44 am
@glitterbag,
I think the OP's knowledge of true Christianity is up there with their spelling of Catholic.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:01 am
@izzythepush,
https://i.imgur.com/SpYnUIP.jpg
Dìa de Muertos, Oaxaca, a town in south Mexico.
Photo byJim Grover, currently on display at Leica gallery, the Royal Exchange, London.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It always reminds me of Under the Volcano.

One hell of a book and a pretty good film.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 05:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I love Oaxaca. Its full of interlaced arts and culture. AND, they have a great VW repair culture. I bought a "Thing" for a prospecting trip some years back and near a mine dump, I rolled it partially over and some Mexican guys helped me get it back on the road. I really mashed up a fender and the exhaust (So it sounded like a diesel with Jake brakes on) We all went into Oaxaca (I was staying there) and me and those guys drank many cervesa (you can die out in the deserts) . Then I went to a VW garage and they redid the exhause manuifold and pipes and it only cost me like 120 US
maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 05:59 am
@maxdog,
MaxDog wrote:
Or else are you pretending that a christian will solve the homeless problem by helping all of them and give anything he have a die instead of them with hunger . Im sorry but things don t work like that for a christian . SAFETY FIRST AND CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

I get the feeling you haven't read the Bible at all.

Start with the story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10). Jesus makes it clear that we should act with mercy.

Then read Matthew 25. Jesus makes it clear that the way you treat "the least of these" (i.e. the people you are calling the "homeless problem") is the way you treat Jesus himself.

If you take your religion at all seriously... Matthew 25 should scare you. Jesus says that you will be judged for how you treat "illegal" immigrants and homeless people. Jesus says you will go to hell. You aren't being judged for your religious posts on the internet.

maxdog

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:33 pm
@maxdancona,
I will tell you again , forget it that someone will follow exactly what Jesus said , you follow those words only when it s safe only , for example:

I will help a homeless person but I m not risking that if I let him inside my house there is the possibility that he kill me, Jesus want us to take care of us first , because he also said , love your god as much as you love yourself . So that must be the biggest love that you have .

And no I didin t read the bible word by word but had many lessons about it.

By the way you lost it again by saying Jesus talked about illegal immigrants in those days.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:52 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
By the way you lost it again by saying Jesus talked about illegal immigrants in those days.
According to Matthew's gospel, Mary, Joseph and Jesus fled to Egypt.
That doesn't sound like a legal journey. But according to the right-wing, Jesus could not have broken any immigration laws during his family’s flight to Egypt because Jesus, who was without sin, could not therefore have broken the law.

There are repeated injunctions to care for the oppressed, the poor, refugees, and other vulnerable and displaced persons throughout the Bible, such as i.e. Isaiah 10, Leviticus 19:33–34; Jeremiah 7:5–7; Ezekiel 47:22; Zechariah 7:9–10 ...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 03:57 pm
@maxdog,
Jesus said the opposite of what you are saying. Read the parable of the Good Samaritan.

To bring this back to the topic.... Jesus didnt say a thing about Halloween (or national borders). What he did say is to welcome the stranger, feed the hungry and to treat people (including."illegal" immigrants) as you would want to be treated.

You are all worried about a fun holiday... while you are ignoring the very things that Jesus commanded. Or in Jesus' words you are straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 04:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Nice sermon LivingLava. I have read the Bible. The message is pretty clear. If you follow Jesus you will have the fruits of the Spirit. This is personal, the God of love working through you. All your bullshit about politics and countries and borders... Jesus didn't say a word about that.

I never attributed everything I say to Jesus. What I say about politics and countries and borders is from the perspective of someone who was once liberal, but has become disillusioned with the failure of liberty to make liberalism less problematic than it has become.

If true liberty prevailed among all humans (i.e. freedom coupled with voluntarily responsible choice), there should be no reason to maintain separate nations and borders, prohibit various drugs, abortions, rape, sexual harassment, etc. i.e. because people would simply police themselves with an awareness of negative effects that are caused on themselves and others when they abuse substances, sex, economic power, etc.

Jesus doesn't have to say that we should behave correctly, because that is implicit in everything else He taught and died for.

What His crucifixion does teach, however, is that sin will happen and it will be forgiven. Of course we are supposed to resist temptation, but the reality is that we fall to temptation all the time and, as a result, there's not going to be world without borders and police and criminal justice, etc. All those things fall short of what would exist in an ideal utopia, but because the world has sin, it's not utopia and we are stuck dealing with, coping with, and ATTEMPTING TO FORGIVE it.

Quote:
Jesus told you to act with righteousness. He told you to welcome the stranger, to have compassion, to act with mercy and to forgive.

Right, and we don't always live up to these ideals because WE ARE SINNERS. What's more, we are sinners dealing with other sinners in a world where sometimes if you turn the other cheek, it gets punched. Now, to all the people who don't fall to temptation and fight back or seek to put a wall between themselves and their persecutors, congratulations; but to everyone else, they are forgiven in Christ for their sins. That's Christianity.

Quote:
The rest is just excuses.

Sin.

Quote:
Read Matthew 25..... Jesus is talking about how we personally should help people in need (people who are in need of clothing, food, shelter). He says "welcome the stranger". Jesus says "However you treat these people, that is how you are treating me".

Yes, well that is also true for the drug magnates who are sending humans as mules and decoys into 'the rich US,' to exploit people whose well-being they don't care about in the least because they are rich, spoiled sinners. They are trying to trick and lure Jesus into drug addiction to enslave Him for money, but that doesn't seem to bother you in the least.

Quote:
I have not seen you, or MaxDog, or the loud Christians, express any compassion, love, care, forgiveness toward the people in need you call "illegal". All you offer is fear, hatred, and judgment.

You lie over and over about this because you project fear, hatred, and judgment onto it. The fact is that the more you liberate migration, the more you make migrants into targets for those nationalists/racists/classists who exploit migrants to their detriment in order to profit off people whom they don't care about because they are foreign to them.

I have said many times that I wish we could end nationalism/racism/classism so that people could migrate freely without being abused and exploited by others in their travels, but the reality is that those abusers aren't going to back off until they no longer have any hope of making money by exploiting migration.

At that point, people will have the liberty to migrate for their own benefit and without exploiting anyone else (or environmental sustainability) by doing so. That will indeed be a utopia, maybe life will be like that after the rapture and second-coming, idk.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 05:55 pm
@livinglava,
LivingLava wrote:
Jesus doesn't have to say that we should behave correctly, because that is implicit in everything else He taught and died for.

What His crucifixion does teach, however, is that sin will happen and it will be forgiven.

I don't think you have read the Bible either LivingLava. You can't ignore what Jesus says and still claim to be a Christian. Love, compassion, forgiveness are the core of what Jesus spoke about. He didn't talk about drug dealers, or borders or nations or fear of homeless people. He did talk about welcoming the stranger and selling your possessions to give to the poor.

Jesus wrote:

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

“No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

Luke 6
Glennn

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 08:38 pm
Well anyway, happy Halloween to most everyone.
Glennn

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 08:48 pm
@Glennn,
Did anyone have the little ones coming to your door tonight for treats?
maxdog

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 09:39 pm
@Glennn,
Yes we had and I don t like it in a catholic country . Last year a christian school celebrated hallowen with decorations and games , this year they didin t , guess I had a point by complaining about it .

1. Forums
  2. » Hallowen
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:46:17