Japan was intended to liberate China in WWII?

pragmatic

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:55 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
prag, There are some things in life that is so obvious a crime against our fellow humans, "face saving" has nothing to do with apologizing to the injured. Unfortunately, the Japanese PM likes to rub the pain injured people's faces by going to the cemetery where war criminals who committed the atrocities are buried, and makes a big show of it. No class or sensitivities - it has nothing to do with "face saving." I would venture to say it does exactly the opposite.

So you disagree with his moves? would you regard yourself as part of the left wing in this context? I know some left wingers in Japan are willing to apologise
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:00 pm
I don't believe it's a left or right wing issue; it's a humanity issue. If one knows for sure you have injured somebody, the right thing to do is to apologize.
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:11 pm
Competing is a thing, Apologizing is another thing. One should apologize for what his wrongdoings. A country also.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:53 pm
That's right. Apologize and ensure that it won't happen again in the future.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:41 pm
Ray wrote:
Apologize and ensure that it won't happen again in the future.

I don't know that that will happen in the near foreseeable future - of course there would be another full scale invasion by Japan as there was 60 years ago - but there is a heap of boiling tensions beneath the smiling faces of both countries, especially over the issue of Diaoyutai and to a lesser extent - Taiwan independence. If there was a war over Taiwan, Japan will join as an ally of the USA. Re Diaoyutai - ugh, that issue is just a mess - its got competing historical, political, cultural and Taiwan-ical conflicts flying all over this little fishing platform.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 07:57 am
Without reading the posts in this thread, just in response to the question of the host.

Yes, It their intention, at least literally and publicly, their single-minded conviction without consulting with his client whether they liked such "liberation".
0 Replies