Japan was intended to liberate China in WWII?

Euler

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 11:09 am
That's the "explanation" Japanese Gov't said these days... they invaded China for the "good" of China in WWII~
isn't that ironic?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,265 • Replies: 25
No top replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 12:18 pm
Yeah, just like we liberated the West from the indians, Northern Mexico from the Mexicans, Cuba and the Phillipines from Spain, Chile and Guatemala from their respective elected leaders, and last but not least, Afghanistan and Iraq.
0 Replies

Euler

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:30 pm
If your interntion is reli liberating.. with good means.. i'll think u'r doing sth gd.. but sometimes... ppl use this as an excuse to invade other countries... that's coz of their ambition...
if u think u'r superior among all races... if u think u'r the ruler of the world... if u think wut u're doing is always right... then u can use the word "liberate" to cover-up your invasion....
tht's reality... isn't it~!?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:32 pm
Don't you know? We're liberating Iraq - of their oil.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:33 pm
whatever you say or whatever you said or whatever you intended to say, or forget it.
0 Replies

Euler

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 05:42 am
cicerone imposter,
haha^^
a gd point~!!!
all things occur with their reason of existence...
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:20 pm
I'm sorry, I have to start again:

One cannot use the excuse of liberation in the face of what has been called the "forgotten holocaust" (Quoting Iris Chang in "Rape of Nanking") - when they killed so many innocent Chinese via so many cruel and horrible inhuman techniques. I refuse to believe such an excuse or justification.

But I do acknowledge that some sectors of the government in Japan do want to apologise and are truly sorry for what has happened in China. The current government see it the other way.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:21 pm
enough said. I will calm down now. Embarrassed
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:49 pm
prag, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from using "Jap."
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:50 pm
I'm sorry. Is Japanese ok?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:52 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

MrBoo

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:55 pm
im so confused on this site can someone help me out where do i battle people?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:56 pm
battle people? about what? Did you have anything in mind?
0 Replies

MrBoo

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:56 pm
dude where do we battle people?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:58 pm
There are many 'battles' in the religion and politics forums. I hope you have a thick skin and some wit. Wink
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 11:00 pm
mrBoo the forum pages is here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/

You can choose any topic you want and then just go in and pick any of the topics or make your own. Have fun!!
0 Replies

Euler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 11:33 am
pragmatic,
i do reli hope that the world will be in peace... i reli feel ashame of what the japanese had done... the crime that had commited... i feel ashame of them coz we're all human....
i mean... if the japanese can apologize from the bottom of their hearts... we'll not be that hateful to what they had done... most of all, Chinese will not invade others... i reli mean it.... Chinese doesn't take revenge on others...
for someone who knows chinese history will know that the chinese culture had been a peaceful culture... we had hoped for stability... not a race that hopes to "improve".... we'll believe in harmony....
the reason why the japenese gov't had not apologized is that the japanese look down on countries in asia.. he thinks that he would only need America... and America felt guilty on the nuke on japan.. and also japan gave lots of things to the US after the war... including those experimental documents done my the 731 troops... and also the US wanted to use japan to control the growth of china...
if america had been soooo righteous to be peaceful.... he would have told his brother "japan" to apologize.. and won't sell weapons to taiwan... to protect taiwan? joking me..... why don't we give weapons to the triads then....
ironic
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
Euler, Japan will not apologize for the atrocities they committed in Asia. They are a very discriminatory culture that not only discriminates against other cultures, but also against their own. They are class conscious to the point, many parents will not let their children marry into a lower class family. I believe it's one of the most discriminatory developed country in the world today.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:10 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Euler, Japan will not apologize for the atrocities they committed in Asia. They are a very discriminatory culture that not only discriminates against other cultures, but also against their own. They are class conscious to the point, many parents will not let their children marry into a lower class family. I believe it's one of the most discriminatory developed country in the world today.

I know one girl whose friend (a western guy) married a japanese girl who came to australia as an exchange student. her parents apparently would not have let her married into his family had it not been for the fact that she would have been able to gain Australian citizenship. I found that shocking...cruel really. I would never be able to marry someone for the sake of some small immaterial gain like that - its painful for both sides.

CI - is it also possible that Japanese people also are very proud, too proud of their own culture and "face saving" to apologise? In the real world, one can say that china and japan are the two competing asian nations at the moment - and who would want to aplogise to their competitor?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:51 pm
prag, There are some things in life that is so obvious a crime against our fellow humans, "face saving" has nothing to do with apologizing to the injured. Unfortunately, the Japanese PM likes to rub the pain injured people's faces by going to the cemetery where war criminals who committed the atrocities are buried, and makes a big show of it. No class or sensitivities - it has nothing to do with "face saving." I would venture to say it does exactly the opposite.
0 Replies