Sciavo - Couldn't we figure this out while she was "alive"?

au1929

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 05:37 pm
Quote:
Jeb) Bush said his request for the probe was not meant to suggest wrongdoing by Michael Schiavo

What than was it for? It would seem that lying is genetic.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:09 pm
The suit will be against the medicos who did the autopsy. Grounds: Slander.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 10:46 pm
Lash wrote:
The fact that it doesn't get better than that was my reasoning to let her live rather than cause her to die.

It would be more accurate to say, "cause her to live rather than let her die"-- since she had to have medical intervention to live, and on her own could only die.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 05:44 am
Noddy24 wrote:
The suit will be against the medicos who did the autopsy. Grounds: Slander.

Details, please. And a link if possible.

Can't seem to come up with one from google.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 06:35 am
Exactly. Is this statement of facts or simply your interpretation Noddy.

TF
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 07:37 am
Actually, I wasnt doubting Noddy's post. I was just looking for a link to the story and could not find it. Sometimes these things are hard to find, because they might be in news stories primarily about something else, with only a brief mention in the middle of the article.

I think someone else earlier mentioned something of a lawsuit being filed by Jeb Bush related to this.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 07:49 am
It is getting to the point where the entire Schiavo issue would be hilarious, if it weren't so preposterous. I am totally disgusted with Jeb Bush, who is beating this dead horse in order to garner as much political "hay" as he can from the religious right.

He is using his office to conduct a vendetta against Michael Schiavo, who after all, had been vindicated by Terri's autopsy.

Jeb dear, isn't there enough wrong with Florida (like the schools) that you can't find a better place to spend tax money????
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 08:07 am
Jeb Bush is a pimp of the lowest form. Someone ought to put a bullet in his ass before 2008.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 08:31 am
Neither actively growing Bushes really cares about how they spend tax money other than not collecting it from the very rich while steathily screwing the middle class. Why shouldn't Schaivo be just another rail Jeb can ride into office on? It's allright to kill thousands of innocent people in order to bring a dubious democracy to the Middle East but when a private and legal euthenasia takes place it's the end of the world.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:06 am
Quote:

Those Radical, Rogue Medical Examiners

Adam McKay

I have had enough of those radical medical examiners and their lefty autopsy reports. What gives them the right to set the agenda? On Wednesday, Pinellas County medical examiner Jon Thogmartin decided completely and separate from the will of the people, to dispute a videotaped diagnosis from Dr. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist that Terry Schiavo was able to see.

Rogue Examiners like Thogmartin are a danger to true democracy in our country. And their fancypants and elitist medical science wonk talk threatens to bring us all down. As a Doctor and an elected official Ph.D. Bill Frist has double the right to make his VHS aided medical pronouncements. He is a ruler and a healer. What the hell is Thogmartin? A geek and a liberal.

CONTINUED AT,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/adam-mckay/those-radical-rogue-medi_2789.html
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:16 am
"Delivering News and Opinion Since May 9, 2005"

Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 12:58 pm
ThinkFactory, Kelticwizard--

I'm guilty of spreading plausible but untrue rumors--forgive me. As far as I know there will not be a law suit for slander filed against the Medical Examiner's office.

I was being irresponsibly ironic.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 01:14 pm
this whole thing is disgraceful.

jeb bush needs to shut the F%$ up and maybe spend a little more time on improving the child services down there so that maybe they'll quit losing kids. i've always given him credit for being more intelligent than dubya, but nope.

do ya think jeb spends this much time worrying about the illegal aliens hitting the beach ? how about terrorism ? schools ? unemployment ? does is moral imperative to wave his arms around proclaiming the word leave anytime at all for him to actually do any of the work that that he was put in office to do ?

it's a good thing that michael shiavo had terri cremated. randall terry would be down there dragging her decaying corpse around and shoving it in people's faces while blathering his insane shite, like he did with those fetuses.

i'm really, really pissed about this stuff. it's all typical of how the right wing extreme and it's partners in crime, religious zealots do things these days.

nothing is ever settled. there is never a final decision. everybody but themselves is called a liar and a killer. they gum up the works of local state and national government with their holy rollin' doo-da parades and it's stop the g.d. presses, cause jesus is talkin' here !

BALONEY.

and they wonder why people attack "people of faith" . because "people of faith" have more to do with their fellow religio-terrorists, the islamists, than they do with plain old god fearin' folks.
Mad
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 08:25 pm
Noddy - No blood no foul. I was not upset - but it seemed very much credible. It scares me that ironicle is credible to me. Wink

TF
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:18 pm
Same here, Noddy. In the Schiavo case, satire is almost impossible because the absurd was happening in front of our eyes daily.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:20 pm
Gentlemen--

May we all work to make our topsy-turvy world safe for irony.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:25 pm
Nobody seems to see the contradiction of president Bush when he put so much effort into saving one brain-defected woman, but doesn't do anything for all the living children of this country that lives without health insurance. There are so many examples like this one, it amazes me that more people are blind to it.
0 Replies