Buying Breakfast Cereals, a daunting task

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 01:54 pm
Aw, set beat me to it.
Onliest reason I drink my tea during the work day, coffee is too dehydrating. I'm much too active under the hot sun. Plus, my wife is no tea drinker. Seems a waste to make seperate pots.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 08:55 pm
I have loved Shredded Wheat since I was a kid. I was pretty much a purist like you, Set. Put a whole large biscuit in the bowl and broke off bites with the spoon as I went. Lately, I have been into Raisin Bran Crunch. I'm also a lover of Rice Chex and Life. My daughter is always saying I should eat Heart Smart. Maybe I'll break down and try that someday. Maybe. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:05 pm
Weatabix is pretty good occasionally also.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:23 pm
Boy, is the 4th of July boring. I don't eat hot dogs, and I can't stand the spectaculars on TV, with their celebration of nationalism. And there is so little happening on A2K. So I made myself a big bowl of spaghetti with olive oil and garlic--and red wine. The smell of garlic usually helps, but this time the celebration of patriotism with Bush's abuse of the country is a bit too much for good spirits.
Oh, I know. When my pasta goes down a bit I'll crunch on Ginger Granola and have some tea. I never resort to comfort food, but today's an exception.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:26 pm
I had a fun day. Mother-in-law's air conditioner went out, which involved me making more than one ten mile trip each way and ending still not having the right part.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:27 pm
Wow, JLNobody, sounds like you have the blues.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:32 pm
Yeah, it's rare for me, LK, but it's here. The blues. The Bush blues. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't blame EVERYTHING on him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:33 pm
No, not everything.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 06:37 am
Corn Pops and a boiled egg this morning.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 11:44 am
Scrambled egg substitute and (non-fat) refried pinto beans, with my favorite Orowheat winter wheat bread toasted and coffee.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 11:52 am
Man, do I love cereal. My kitchen cabinet is stocked with several varieties from the healthy to the sugary frivolous.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:09 pm
We got Cheerios this week.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:14 pm
I just read something funny about kellogs corn flakes - they were designed to lessen the male libido. I'll see if I can find the link.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:15 pm
I wondered why I never ate that many of them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:19 pm
Hmmm, if you bread your oysters in Corn Flake crumbs, does that cancel out the , you know....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:20 pm
BBC health

Quote:
Ever wonder which famous cereal was invented by a surgeon with the intention to lessen sex drive and prevent the urge to masturbate?.......

........ Surgeon John Kellogg created cornflakes with the intention to lessen sex drive
Source: An Essential Medical Miscellany
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:28 pm
I bet there was never a study to see if it was effective.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:31 pm
I'm sure it's not.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:47 pm
I heard somewhere that on the bottom shelves in the cereal section of the market one finds all the highly sugared fruit loop type of cereals, placed low so that the little kids can see them and tug at mothers' dress to buy them. The more adult nourishing stuff is on the higher shelves. How cynical is that?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:51 pm
About as cynical as every other aspect of capitalism.
0 Replies