do you have breakfast?

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:05 pm
Do you have breakfast.What's for your breakfast.Have you often cooked your own breakfast.or eat outside

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:16 pm
I never eat breakfast til a few hours after I wake up because that's how long it takes for my stomach to wake up!
Same when I was a kid, my mother used to force me to eat breakfast before going to school but it made me feel queasy.
Eventually i refused pointblank to eat it, so she did me sandwiches to take to school instead which i was happy to eat during the morning break..Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:25 pm
@vivianzhou,
Yes we have breakfast. I am very happy that you've asked. Ive wanted to express my opinions about breakfasses to people kind enough to ask.
This morning I had two eggs that were softly boiled and served with toasted bread points. I enjoyed a glass of orange juice that was ok but not great. e also had some scrapple on the side and I like my scrapple with maple yrup.
Do you eat scrapple ? How do you like your scrapple?
I hope not because it has been many a year since people had
discussed western style breakfasses.

I only eat outside hen the weather I good. The weather is not good. The morning temperatures are pften -15(C) So that is much too cold to eat a warm breakfast outside.

I thank you
Germlat

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:43 pm
@vivianzhou,
Protein shake...have for years.
0 Replies

vivianzhou

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 08:58 pm
@farmerman,
Thank for you discussion.
I don't eat scrapple,I don't even know what is scrapple.In our country ,there is not scrapple.
Usually,I eat steamed bread and porridge for myself.I cook them by myself
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 09:21 pm
@vivianzhou,
My doctor is pissed, but no. A cup of coffee is all I do except for rare days when I dont need to be in the store in the morning, in which case I do make an old fashioned bacon and egg breakfast.
stevem13

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 04:18 am
Yes, I make sure not to miss my breakfast because as the name suggest 'break-fast', we break our fast after almost 12 hours so eating in the morning is imperative.

You need to have something at breakfast which can keep you full for a longer period of time. A boiled egg with some cereals will be just fine.

Yes, I cook my breakfast myself as it helps me to make the right quantity which tastes according to my preference.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 05:41 am
I had cold, left-over pasta and beef tips, Rice Krispies with no milk and no sugar, and very thinly sliced mozzarella cheese.

Scrapple is pig brains, pig nuts and pig guts, chopped up and formed into a loaf, which is then sliced and fried in lard until the house begins to smell funny. It is then served with syrup, preferably corn syrup flavored maple with industrial chemicals.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 06:05 am
@vivianzhou,
I try to have breakfast every day. It doesn't always happen.

Today I am having tea. Hopefully I will have a chance to go to SenseAsian in the food court in our building for breakfast later. I will order 'breakfast on a bun' if I go down. Breakfast on a bun at that place is a slice of grilled ham, a fried egg and a piece of cheese all inside a grilled bun.

During the work week I have breakfast inside. During the summer, on weekends, I occasionally have breakfast outside.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 07:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

Scrapple is pig brains, pig nuts and pig guts, chopped up and formed into a loaf, which is then sliced and fried in lard until the house begins to smell funny
Except for the corn meal, that's pretty much it. It MUST be served with molasses, nothing else will do. And it MUST crispbe.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 09:01 am
@farmerman,
So basically it's everything bar the oink.

We have stuff like that. Manly stuff that my better half runs a mile from.

Brawn, haslett, dare I say it....faggots, black pudden....

I feel hungry now.
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 09:06 am
@Lordyaswas,
Does it stink up the house when ya cook it? It ain't really manly unless it's offensive to all of the senses.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 09:22 am
@hawkeye10,
Same as you.
My morning cappuccino silences my hunger pangs until noon.
I'm a bad, bad boy.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 09:33 am
@Lordyaswas,
Back in the day when I took the morning train from Cardiff to London I viewed the breakfast pilchards and stewed tomatoes the passengers were devouring with horror.
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 11:28 am
@panzade,
I tried a London grill once--fried "steak," bacon rashers, fried sausage links and fried kidneys--just to give it a try. I went outside, into an alley, puked it all up, and then found another restaurant to have something more edible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 11:38 am
@Lordyaswas,
scrapple and eggs have a wonnerful smell cooking. Stay away from turkey scrapple, its missed the whole point.

Blood puddin and a white sausage with a fried tomato and an egg that was not fried in the last day or so are not my favorites in MOE. I prefer the smoked fish with an egg cup of soft boiled and a dipping piece of buttered toast. That's about as English as I dare. (Except for shepherds pie but nobody eats that for breakfast)
Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:08 pm
@farmerman,
I love shepherd's pie. I saw canned shepherd's pie in the store. I cannot think of anything more wrong than canned shepherd's pie.
farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 01:41 pm
@Setanta,
maybe French fried liver on a stick.
How and the hell would anyone even make canned shepherds pie?
Thered have to be three plopping hoses under which the can passes . First plop, the meat and veggie sauce, second plop, the mashed taters, third plop a layer of spiced burger meat. (I prefer cow meat, Im not a traditionalist who even likes lamb)> Being around the damned things kills any appetite for at least 7 months past lambing season. Its the damned smell .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 01:44 pm
I once knew a chef who was contemptuous of the owner of the restaurant where she worked. So, she froze some sticks of butter, then breaded them and deep fried them. He loved it.

But that's not the worst of it. At last year's CNE (Canadian National Exposition), they were selling deep fried butter on the midway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 07:21 pm
@Setanta,
I bought it, that's how you saw it and tried it. (I thought it was soup - shoulda been wearing my glasses)

Weird stuff. Tried some tonight mixed into the leftover beef tip.

Weird.

http://campbells-soup-362252ef.s3.amazonaws.com/Documents/Images/Products/ListingImages/914637A_Chunky_Shepherd.png
0 Replies