9
   

A girly breakfast for a 20 year old woman?

 
 
Muarck
 
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:03 pm
Here's an odd question: I'm a screenwriter, and in a script a father is trying to make breakfast for his estranged 20 year old daughter. I need him to guess at something she would like, and for the script I need it to come out to be something girly something he wouldn't want to eat. What would you recommend.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 6,741 • Replies: 45
No top replies

 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:14 pm
@Muarck,
crepes.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:17 pm
@chai2,
even better.....raspberry crepes made into the shape of little hearts, with a nice cup of green tea.

little sticks of cinnamon for the green tea, and a lily on the plate with the crepes.
0 Replies
 
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:19 pm
@Muarck,
crepes suzette...

or eggs benedict.
panzade
 
  2  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:22 pm
@Rockhead,
nah...fathers don't make crepes...or quiche. He would serve her a bowl of Muesli...lots of bran oats and raisins. See, she's very health conscious.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:26 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

nah...fathers don't make crepes...or quiche. He would serve her a bowl of Muesli...lots of bran oats and raisins. See, she's very health conscious.


see, that could be for comedy relief. You know he's going to mess it up somehow. He can end up ordering something delivered from some fancy schmancy place, having to pay an arm and a leg for rush delivery.

what makes a crepe a suzette.

musesli is not girly. It keeps you regular.

I like the eggs benedict idea. That's good too.

Won't she need a capacino as well?

Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:29 pm
@chai2,
from wiki ~

The most common way to make Crêpe Suzette is to pour liqueur (usually Grand Marnier) over a freshly cooked crêpe with sugar and light it. This will make the alcohol in the liqueur evaporate, resulting in a fairly thick, caramelised sauce. In a restaurant, a Crêpe Suzette is often prepared in a chafing dish in full view of the guests. This is also known as Gueridon Service, which is a small trolley that is equipped with a gas hob for cooking in front of guests. Another great way of preparing Crêpe Suzette is to saute the strawberries first with a pinch of sugar, then add your freshly made Crêpes to the pan. Now add the Grand Marnier and ignite that with the flame. Serve in a large martini glass with a cornell of cream.

yummy...

(flambeau is SO cool)
Muarck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:30 pm
But who wouldn't want Eggs Benedict? I'm a guy and man Eggs Benedict makes me hungry even though I just eat. Plus Muesli, it sounds like a fascist dictator! We need a little more of a normal American meal. I was thinking something along the lines of a bagel and cream cheese. but that didn't seem quite right to me.
mac11
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:32 pm
A Pop-tart? or a bowl of Fruit Loops?
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:34 pm
@Muarck,
Fruit - fancy type of fruit like a berry cup. Or he could cut strawberries into little rose shapes or some such crap.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

from wiki ~

The most common way to make Crêpe Suzette is to pour liqueur (usually Grand Marnier) over a freshly cooked crêpe with sugar and light it. This will make the alcohol in the liqueur evaporate, resulting in a fairly thick, caramelised sauce. In a restaurant, a Crêpe Suzette is often prepared in a chafing dish in full view of the guests. This is also known as Gueridon Service, which is a small trolley that is equipped with a gas hob for cooking in front of guests. Another great way of preparing Crêpe Suzette is to saute the strawberries first with a pinch of sugar, then add your freshly made Crêpes to the pan. Now add the Grand Marnier and ignite that with the flame. Serve in a large martini glass with a cornell of cream.

yummy...

(flambeau is SO cool)


oh man....I see kitchen curtains going up in flames....that would be great.


Bagels and cream cheese aren't girly either.

So, you want something that the father could actually make, but would be all girly at the same time?

if the dad is a klutz, pop tarts and fruit loops could be challenging enough.

or, can the man cook?

thinking....
Muarck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:37 pm
It can't be too over the top. They're not in love. He's just trying to make breakfast. I know I'm picky, but I think Fruit Loops are too childish for a middle class family and pop tarts are about the same. And cutting fruit into shapes is too romantic.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  2  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:37 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Fruit - fancy type of fruit like a berry cup. Or he could cut strawberries into little rose shapes or some such crap.


THAT'S IT!!!!

Yogurt and fruit!

Make it soy yogurt and you'll have a regular estrogen fest.
Muarck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:38 pm
@chai2,
Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier. The man can cook. And I want him to do more than pre-heat or arrange things. He always makes himself a decent breakfast every morning.
Muarck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:40 pm
@chai2,
You really might be onto something with Yogurt!
More ideas from everybody else would be really nice though, but I think Yogurt and fruit would work.
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:40 pm
@Muarck,
cinnamon rolls?
0 Replies
 
mac11
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:40 pm
There's a lot of college kids eating a lot of Fruit Loops out there, but I see your point. Perhaps Special K or Kashi cereal would be more grown-up.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:40 pm
a can of spagettiO's cold from the fridge with a spoon, prune juice and 2 slices of melba toast unbuttered.
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:40 pm
Natural yogurt, topped with mixed berries, a cup of green tea.

Fruit smoothie - add strawberries, kiwi, and a banana to the blender, a cup of natural yogurt

Scrambled tofu, with onions, and peppers, a dash of light soy sauce, and stir-fry with a little olive oil.

Sliced melon/passion fruit/ berries and yogurt
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:41 pm
@Muarck,
It could be yogurt he made himself.
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » A girly breakfast for a 20 year old woman?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/28/2020 at 11:10:50