What If Trump resigns or is Removed From Office?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:02 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Why do you quote me without replying?

It's fairly obvious, the sort of thing a deep thinker wouldn't need to ask.
snood

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

livinglava wrote:

Or a superficial thinker.

Or a thinker.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:27 pm
@snood,
livinglava wrote:

If you don't understand my 'lecturing' and you assume I know "next to nothing" about what I'm talking about, it is because you haven't developed thinking that is deep and clear enough to fully understand the things you have a bunch of facts memorized about.

https://able2know.org/reply/post-6918865/quote/

No further comment needed.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

livinglava wrote:

Wrong, only superficial thinking allows for implicit assumptions to be clear.

If you think deeply and develop independent thought, you will not automatically understand implications of others, because your mind will have gone beyond narrow shared-cultural assumptions.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:49 pm
@livinglava,
Funny how all us superficial thinkers have all twigged what's going on while it shot right over your head.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 02:28 pm
@izzythepush,
I told him a while back that words have precise meanings, just not precise spellings.

Im enjoying a root beer at this moment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 04:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Progressives are trying to violate our civil liberties for fun. Trump protects our civil liberties. All that other stuff doesn't matter.

Perhaps the most inane post of the day.

Progressives sure don't like it when people post facts and reality.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 04:12 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
livinglava wrote:

Or a superficial thinker.
Or a thinker.

What is it about progressives that makes them such creeps? If someone doesn't understand something and asks a polite question, it doesn't harm you guys to politely answer the question.

And if you have nothing polite to say, it won't hurt you to just shut up and not say anything at all.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 04:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Progressives sure don't like it when people post facts and reality
I dont know about others but I embrace facts and "reality" . Thats why I gave you the SUNDAY INANITY award. The day's pretty much over and nobody came up with a post anything dumber than yours.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 05:36 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
And if you have nothing polite to say, it won't hurt you to just shut up and not say anything at all.

Really....
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 05:37 pm
@neptuneblue,
Yes.

It is good advice for you as well. Your dishonesty and name-calling is quite childish.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 05:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I dont know about others but I embrace facts and "reality".

That is incorrect. You lash out with childish outbursts when you are confronted with facts and reality.

farmerman wrote:
Thats why I gave you the SUNDAY INANITY award. The day's pretty much over and nobody came up with a post anything dumber than yours.

Sorry, no. Facts and reality are not dumb.

And someone who actually liked facts and reality would not call them dumb.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 05:40 pm
@oralloy,
I don't compare honor as a virtue with you.
livinglava

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 05:48 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I don't compare honor as a virtue with you.

To 'honor' means to make good on something, as in 'honoring' a coupon.

To 'honor' your parents or some other person means to make good on things they've taught, e.g. to honor the work of Gandhi and MLKjr by practicing non-violent resistance to injustice.

To have honor means to have the virtue of honoring things that are good/right, e.g. to honor virtue/truth by putting into practice instead of just paying lip-service.

Honor doesn't just mean 'pride' or 'positive self worth' or some non-specific ego-boast.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 06:04 pm
@livinglava,
I don't compare honor as a virtue with you either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 06:10 pm
@neptuneblue,
I can see why you'd be embarrassed to contrast your dishonor with my integrity.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 07:09 pm
FORMER GOP REP TREY GOWDY '100%' AGREES HOUSE DEMOCRATS SHOULD HOLD PRIVATE IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS
BY BENJAMIN FEARNOW ON 10/27/19 AT 3:03 PM EDT

Former Republican House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy said Sunday he "100 percent" agrees with Democrats holding closed-door impeachment hearings.

Gowdy, who served from 2011 to 2019 as a powerful South Carolina congressman, touted the role of privacy and due process in House investigations, even if Republicans don't support the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump.

Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan played Gowdy an April 2018 clip in which he called public hearings a "circus, freak show" filled with media leaks. Gowdy said he stands by his support of holding private hearings for testimony.

Gowdy was recently reported to have been considered as the newest member of Trump's impeachment defense team.

Face The Nation

@FaceTheNation
.@TGowdySC says he still believes in the role of private testimony "100%" amid GOP outrage over Democrats' closed-door hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry
11:10 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Gowdy's stance is in direct conflict with several of current GOP House members who burst into a closed-door hearing last Wednesday and held press conferences accusing House Democrats of trying to impeach Trump while "hiding in the Capitol basement."

"Do you still believe [private hearings are more constructive?]" Brennan asked Gowdy Sunday morning.

"One hundred percent," he replied. "I have always...you can't pick and choose which aspects of due process you're going to use. It's not just the privacy, I mean the reason we respect executive branch investigations isn't because they're behind closed doors, it's because there are no leaks."

By comparison, Gowdy said House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff "has had more press conferences this weekend" than John Durham, Michael Horowitz or Robert Mueller "have had in their lives."

Gowdy criticized the more than 30 Republicans including House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, and Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks for storming into the private hearings and making electronic recordings of the proceedings public. But Gowdy also criticized the Democrat-led investigation over "selective leaks" of people's depositions and testimony.

"I think if you're going to have private investigations with unlimited time for questioning and cross examining witnesses that's a good thing," he said. "I'm a rule follower, I threw a Republican out of a hearing because he was not a member of the committee."

"I do understand the Republican frustration with the current investigation. My bias has always been towards investigations that wait until the end before they share their conclusions," Gowdy added.

The New York Times reported earlier this month that Gowdy was selected as one of the attorneys on the president's impeachment defense team. But lobbying rules and other missteps caused the arrangement to fall completely apart, although Gowdy himself disavowed knowledge of joining up with Trump's defense team.

Gowdy announced he would not seek re-election in January 2018, telling reporters at the time, "There is a time to come and a time to go. This is the right time, for me, to leave politics and return to the justice system."

Gowdy led the 2012 congressional investigation into the Benghazi, Libya, attacks which left four Americans dead including Ambassador Christopher Stevens. The probe uncovered former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server which ultimately evolved into an FBI investigation. Gowdy grilled Clinton in a lengthy October 2015 testimony.

The South Carolina Republican additionally served on the Education and Workforce Committee and Judiciary Committee.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 07:22 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb191026c20191025113316.jpg
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 07:19 pm
GOP lawmaker says he hasn't been to impeachment depositions to which he's been invited
Anchor Muted Background
By Chandelis Duster, CNN

Updated 5:45 PM ET, Tue October 29, 2019

Washington (CNN)A Republican House member who sits on a committee that is participating in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump said the Democratic-led proceedings are a "sideshow" -- but he hasn't attended any depositions of key witnesses because he has "other responsibilities" in Congress.

Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, one of three committees hearing testimony from key witnesses behind closed doors. Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a top expert on Ukraine for the National Security Council, is testifying before House impeachment investigators Tuesday morning and is the latest witness to be deposed since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi formally announced the impeachment inquiry in September. As a member of the committee, Yoho is allowed to the attend the hearings.

When pressed repeatedly by CNN's Poppy Harlow on "Newsroom" about why he has not attended any of the depositions, including Vindman's, Yoho argued it is not an "official inquiry."

"I see these as kind of a sideshow. Because it's not an official inquiry in impeachment," he said. "It is something that Nancy Pelosi started without a vote. And I know it's not constitutional that they have a vote. But it should follow the precedents that has been set in the last three impeachments."

Republicans have argued that Democrats are running an illegitimate impeachment inquiry behind closed doors. GOP lawmakers have repeatedly attacked Democrats for failing to vote on the inquiry, while the White House has argued it does not need to cooperate. A federal judge ruled last week, however, that a vote authorizing the impeachment inquiry wasn't needed, and on Monday, Pelosi announced the House would vote on Thursday to formalize the procedures of the impeachment inquiry.

"I have other responsibilities in the House and I see this as a sideshow," Yoho later added. "And I'm going to make a prediction that in three weeks from now, you're going to look back at this smoking gun and the things that everybody is so worked up today and it'll be as inconsequential as (House Intelligence Chairman) Adam Schiff saying, 'I've got irrefutable information that there was collusion with Trump.' And that's gone and that was proved to be a fallacy. And I think this will be, too.'"

After a contentious exchange, Yoho said he would attend Vindman's testimony once the CNN interview was over. He also told Harlow he has only read summaries of the transcripts of previous depositions, reiterating his reason for not attending them was because it was not "an official inquiry."

"We've read the summary of (Former US Special Envoy for Ukraine Kurt) Volker's and there was one other one we did," Yoho said.

"The summary or you've gone actually to read the full transcript?" Harlow replied.

"Just a summary of them," Yoho answered. "The summaries of them."

"Why? You're an important member of an important committee and this is an important inquiry and I'm just confused as to why -- it seems like you don't think it's been worth the time until today to go or to read them," Harlow said.

"Well, I said, because it's not an official inquiry," Yoho responded. "It is something they have moved with. I've had members of the Democratic Party tell me that after the whistleblower came out, they were moving ahead."
farmerman

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 07:44 pm
@neptuneblue,
The Constitution says nowhere that the impeachment inquiry needs to begin with a vote authorizing it. The Constitution is clear that the president is allowed a defense IN THE SENATE TRIAL should there be a+"vote to impeach".
Prhap the presidents legal team should be better read.