What If Trump resigns or is Removed From Office?

coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 07:49 pm
@farmerman,
The Constitution is clear about the rights a citizen has. Trump is not getting those. Why are the Democrats ignoring those? Selectivity should not apply, it is the whole constitution they should support, not just the parts they like.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 07:57 pm
@coldjoint,
What isn't Trump getting? The hearing involve three separate committees in which both Democrats and Republicans are participating. It's all done in accord of the rules and regulations. If certain Republicans wish not to participate, that's their prerogative, but it still doesn't mean it's wrong.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 08:08 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
What isn't Trump getting?

Civil rights.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 08:20 pm
@coldjoint,
He's getting the same rights as every one else. Why do you problem with that? Are you insinuating he's above the law?
coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 09:10 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
He's getting the same rights as every one else

Bullshit. His right to privacy was the first to go.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 09:18 pm
@coldjoint,
When you're a public figure, privacy becomes irrelevant. A duty to present information is expected, especially when precedent demands full disclosure.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 10:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
Full disclosure from who, and when that precedent was set?
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2019 10:14 pm
@coldjoint,
Full disclosure from Trump, for any and all information that is asked from the President of the United States. Unless there's some underlying issue of impropriety, precedent requires such disclosures of information. If in which impropriety is the case, impeachment is the only remedy available to the constituents.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 12:00 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Full disclosure from Trump,

Did Obama fully disclose "Fast and Furious? So there is no precedent.
Quote:
impeachment is the only remedy available to the constituents.

You forgot about an election, there is one coming up, and it will be a remedy available for every constituent in the country .
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 01:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The Constitution says nowhere that the impeachment inquiry needs to begin with a vote authorizing it. The Constitution is clear that the president is allowed a defense IN THE SENATE TRIAL should there be a+"vote to impeach".
Prhap the presidents legal team should be better read.

So the next time there is a Democratic presidency, all it will lake to wage an impeachment inquiry against them will be a single Republican congressman deciding to do so.

That's good to know.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:16 am
@coldjoint,
The president is not an everyday citizen. He is basically immune to almost everything that a citizen legally experiences. Presidents have "super Civil Rights, and diplomatic immunity" in one. Impeachment is a response that is identified within th Constitution (that affects elected offiials and Fed Court members).

You are trying to now have us look aside to what Trump and his lackies had said that this inquiry is illegal because it hasnt been passed by vote.

Stop yer trying to wiggle off the hook.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:18 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Why are the Democrats ignoring those? Selectivity should not apply, it is the whole constitution they should support, not just the parts they like.
where are they ignoring the US Constitution? Please enlighten me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:22 am
@neptuneblue,
coldjoint ignores all the "slips" in Trumps obeying the law(or lack of it)

Income tax
Failing to set up specific trusts for holdings
Emoluments Clause.( hes out there shilling for his properties)

Pinky thinks its unfair that someone is scrutinizing what appears to be a reckless , possibly outlaw president.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:24 am
@oralloy,
If that "single Republican" happens to convince the SPeaker of the House, yep, thats how easy it is. If you recall, The House Speaker was trying to avoid the entire impeachment issue until the "whistleblower" made it an unavoidable requirement.
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 05:38 am
@farmerman,
You said earlier "The Constitution says nowhere that the impeachment inquiry needs to begin with a vote authorizing it."

Where does it say in the Constitution that a congressman needs to get the approval of the Speaker before launching an impeachment inquiry?

The notion that leftist witch hunts are an unavoidable requirement is pretty silly.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 05:50 am
@oralloy,
Read the "Rules of Order of the House of Representatives"
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 01:36 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Pinky thinks its unfair that someone is scrutinizing what appears to be a reckless , possibly outlaw president.

Did Obama get investigated after the IRS scandal? Did Obama get investigated after Holder hacked reporters computers? Don't give me any excuses for the harassment of Trump. It is obvious, and it is only because he won the election, and is rocking the Hell out of the boat.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 01:58 pm
@coldjoint,
if you mean Atkinsonn's computer notes on Benghzi. YES, it was investigted and reported. How much actul truth was in Ms Atkinsonn;s report.????

Heres a president whose alrady cost the lives of thousands of kurds and has , on TV (along with Rudy) basically admitted to a coverup . The Mueller report has left us with an entire position that "he cant do anything to an immune president" and he therefore did NOT exhonerate rump.

I like it when you guys back pedal on the "Me me me" tendencies of Mr Trump v Obama's hndling of OBL.

Obama showed real class, why didnt Trump?? Maybe you like a boor for a president, I sure dont. Hes a total asshole braggard who will go down in history as probably the worst president. (That'l get Lancaster off the hook).
BTW, The FBI did a thorough investigation of the IRS "targeting" of the Te Party and found most all of the complaints baseless. It was closed in 2015 and Trump could have easily reopened it but his Justice Department clearly stated that they saw NO MERIT in rehashing it.

Most of the BS coms drom th Conservative Radio douche bags
glitterbag

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:07 pm
@farmerman,
you owe douche bags an apology.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:36 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Most of the BS coms drom th Conservative Radio douche bags

Digby just put up a post on this. It's Limbaugh:
Quote:
Here is what the wingnuts are being indoctrinated with when they're in their cars:
Quote:
Okay. So you know this guy Bill Taylor, Ambassador Bill Taylor, the hero, the guy who was so upset, he was so terribly upset by what he heard from Trump on the phone call to Ukraine, oh, it was so bad — remember Victor Davis Hanson’s piece, we’re dealing with a bunch of people who have not achieved what they’ve achieved on the basis of merit. It’s labels, titles, connections.

They’re not the best and brightest. They are presented as the best and brightest. They’re presented as the pinnacle of achievement, the best in their class, the best at what they do. They’re not. Now, what have you heard about Bill Taylor? Bill Taylor was the guy they put all their eggs in his basket. Bill Taylor was the guy. Until Taylor came along all the other witnesses and the Mueller report, everything had kind of been a dud. But Bill Taylor…

First we had the whistleblower. He blew up when Trump revealed and released transcripts. Here comes Bill Taylor, William, I’m sorry, William Taylor, who provided no new information. Don’t doubt me. I don’t care if this sounds like it’s at variance with what you’ve heard, Bill Taylor had no new information. Bill Taylor’s testimony has been contradicted by everybody involved. John Ratcliffe made mincemeat of Bill Taylor in cross-examination, but Schiff will not release those transcripts.

Now there is further evidence that Taylor’s motives might be suspect. Really? That somebody trying to rat out Trump might have impure motives? Why, who would think that? Well, it turns out that the estimable and the esteemed Bill Taylor — by the way, I don’t enjoy doing this, folks. I wish this rotgut wasn’t true. I wish we really did have great people in charge of our government. I wish we really did have patriots and not globalists. I wish we really did have people that accomplish things with merit rather than are there because of connections, pedigree, breeding, labels, whatever. I really don’t enjoy this. But I know this stuff is all true. I just know it’s true. Let’s leave it at that.

It turns out that the estimable Bill Taylor led an election observer delegation in Ukraine back in April for a George Soros funded organization that had Hunter Biden on its council. Now, that kind of changes things, doesn’t it? Here’s Bill Taylor, he’s been presented to you as an American patriot. He’s not a partisan, he doesn’t care one way or the other, but he heard Trump on that phone call, and he was distressed.

He was very, very alarmed. He was very upset that a president would be asking for a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent. It seems so unseemly and he could no longer stay quiet. He had to do his duty. And he had to come forward, and he had to release and tell only the Democrats what he knew.

Well, it turns out that he’s not the way he’s been presented. He may be a fine guy. He may be a guy that you want to go to a deep state baseball game and have a couple beers with and catch some foul balls, who knows. But he is not the guy you have been told he is. He is a partisan. He worked for George Soros! He led an election observer delegation in Ukraine back in April for a George Soros funded organization that employed Hunter Biden.

I love that the guy who used to drool and slobber over Bush and Cheney and the PNAC's "Pax Americana" is now railing against globalists. But hey, man's gotta make a buck, amirite?

And "deep state baseball game ...?" Jesus Christ.