What If Trump resigns or is Removed From Office?

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 02:22 am
@oralloy,
Who was President when Osama Bin Ladin was killed?.....
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 02:35 am
@glitterbag,
Obama was.

Why? Are you ashamed that he did it? I'm not.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 02:47 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Obama was.

Why? Are you ashamed that he did it? I'm not.

No, I was extra proud......did you forget what I did for a living? You did, didn’t you......you seem to be comfortable with small children sleeping on concrete floors ....... I’m not.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 02:50 am
@glitterbag,
I've no idea what you did or do for a living.

Does this mean you think Obama was wrong to put children in those detention centers? What's your preferred solution? Soylent Green?

Give each kid a box of granola bars and half a bottle of water, turn them loose in the Mexican desert, and tell them to start walking??
glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 03:21 am
@oralloy,
You are a foolish and undereducated male.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 03:34 am
@glitterbag,
I see you dodged the question. I'm not surprised.

I'm up late and will need to be back awake sooner than I'd like, and I'm at a good stopping point in Azeroth, so I'm going to call it a night.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 11:13 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You are a foolish and undereducated male.

You do not believe that, and either does anyone else that isn't who is not undereducated themselves.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:18 am
@coldjoint,
Trump really has a big chance to win in 2020 and I find that really scary .
The Dems are not suffering from a lack of good candidates as much as they are suffering from an overabundance of bad candidates.

blatham

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 03:59 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The Dems are not suffering from a lack of good candidates
I don't think that's so. I suppose good/bad has to take account of electability and projected performance once in office. For the latter, I think several would likely make very strong Presidents. Warren, Harris, and Mayor Pete at the top of my list with Sanders, Biden, Klobuchar not far behind.

Electability is more of a crap-shoot, particularly in this era. And frankly I don't trust anybody's take on it.

But yes, Trump has too good a chance to win even with his numbers in the shitter, the fact he's a sociopath and with all of the impeachment activity. Though here it's not so much that I view his chances positively but rather that the danger of it occurring and the consequences of that are so dire that there's every reason to be anxious -> terrified.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 06:17 am
@blatham,
I disagree. I do not like the loss of moderation that scares me as much as does the fascisti movement of the other candidate (Who, for the sake of my overactive gag reflex, shall heretofore remain nameless).
Biden represents the moderates moderate with good creds but , IMFO he is too damned old. He (who shall not b named )is already displaying a monthly trend toward "get off my lawn, you" irascibility along with the elder clueless males tendencies to never ask directions. :HE" too is showing age aand a second term for his fat ass would probably have us in a major war in which he will capitulate early.

So we disagree, I was wrong once when I thought I made a mistake but I didnt.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 06:23 am
@farmerman,
Oh yeh, in summary, I really dont like the leaning left of the other candidates(I dont know enough about the mayor with the unpronouncable name, and My first choice, the ex Gov of Colorado, dropped out). Im overall a liberal but not on every fuckin thing out there. I dont like the "goody bag" attitude of most of the candidates when our country is on fire.

blatham

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 06:56 am
@farmerman,
Disagreement is fine. I celebrate it. Unless it is with me.

US culture is clearly unique. There's a strong thread running through which resists government policies/structures which are fine in other countries such as Canada or much of Europe (noting that things work out OK in such nations). And that history with its related idea set are bolstered by the power that corporate bodies wield. This does present a problem for the left though I think it is certainly not insurmountable as there is also another tradition in play represented by, let's say, FDR and Johnson.

The left have won the popular vote consistently, with just a few exceptions, over the last few decades (I've forgotten the exact numbers now). That is not meaningless.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 10:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Trump really has a big chance to win in 2020 and I find that really scary .

A Trump victory is a good thing. He is the only thing that is preventing progressives from violating our civil liberties for fun. We need more of Trump's leadership.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 10:55 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

A Trump victory is a good thing
In that Youre dead wrong. Hes marching us to a fascist state and youre too dim to recognize the stages. Youre just like a sizable % of Germany in the 30's. Fascism doesnt just happen, its approached and , first thing is that all the previous good is dismantled and enemies are created. Hes right on schedule with that.

Im just afraid that a measurble bunch of folks who, like you, cant tell whats up.

Trump is also a craven coward who has capitulated to every enemy we hve.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 11:03 am
@farmerman,
Progressives are trying to violate our civil liberties for fun. Trump protects our civil liberties. All that other stuff doesn't matter.
livinglava

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 11:25 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The important thing is that Trump protects us from progressives who are trying to violate our civil liberties for fun. All that other stuff doesn't matter.

Yes, it's ironic to realize that the success of the Trump administration is largely founded on the immense distrust that has grown for the Democrats.

The only people who support the Democrats at this point are people who are afraid of what will happen if they don't vote Democrat, e.g. economic depression, inequality growth, racism, sexism, withholding of health care, etc.

If not for all those fears, what would motivate people to vote Democrat?

Obama promised to transform capitalism into something that would simultaneously be inclusive and also environmentally responsible and sustainable in terms of resources and climate.

That administration enacted early-release programs and other criminal-justice reform measures that would supposedly reconnect parents separated from their children without the ex-cons bringing crime and abuse/exploitation back into the communities.

Now can we say that environmental responsibility was achieved, even before the Trump administration began rolling back regulations? Can we say that the economy was reducing carbon footprints and reforesting developed areas?

Can we say that crime, drugs, etc. went down as a result of softer criminal-justice and law-enforcement?

The reality is that there is global crime that doesn't care about anything except using people to get them more money. If people are released from prison to reconnect with their families and communities, that will not stop others who know them from their criminal days from approaching them with illegal business opportunities that are "offers they can't refuse."

Democrats offer great ideals, but they unfortunately don't have the power to prevent others with bad ethics from taking advantage of their liberal policies. If you pump an economy full of money and make it easier to get away with crime, you will get more crime and many businesses will not police themselves where they can make more money by not doing so.

Liberty should work to promote good behavior, but it isn't. Something has to be done to re-establish liberty and the good sense not to abuse it to exploit and harm others and the environment/future-generations.

I don't know what it would take for the Democratic Party to regain trust as policy-makers whose policies can actually achieve their stated goals, but it is a problem that goes far beyond institutional government.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 11:44 am

livinglava wrote:
Quote:
The only people who support the Democrats at this point are people who are afraid of what will happen if they don't vote Democrat, e.g. economic depression, inequality growth, racism, sexism, withholding of health care, etc.

livinglava

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 11:53 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

livinglava wrote:
Quote:

Why do you quote me without replying?

Do you think anything is motivating people to vote Democrat besides all these fearful specters the Democrats use to scapegoat Republicans for social/economic/environmental/resource/climate-problems they don't actually want to solve because there's more money in pretending to but not actually solving them?
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:01 pm
@livinglava,
I think it's because he agrees with the portion that he quoted.

Although you two may be interpreting the words a bit differently.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Progressives are trying to violate our civil liberties for fun. Trump protects our civil liberties. All that other stuff doesn't matter.
Perhaps the most inane post of the day.