What If Trump resigns or is Removed From Office?

oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 09:49 am
@neptuneblue,
Amanda Marcotte/Salon Opinion wrote:
The situation is simple: The Republican Party, both its politicians and its voters, has collectively decided that it's fine for Donald Trump to use his office to run an illegal extortion scheme against a foreign leader in an effort to cheat in the 2020 election.

Pressuring foreign leaders to investigate wrongdoing is neither illegal nor cheating.

Democrats are -- rather too reluctantly! -- trying to do something to stop the bleeding.

Democrats are abusing their power to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with their demented ideology.

But to read mainstream news coverage, one would think the real problem is that both sides are irascible and bitterly divided, and that there's some reasonable solution that involves everyone joining hands and finding some way to compromise.

Compromise needs to include removing progressives from society. Enough is enough.

The reason for this deep division is that Republicans, both voters and their representatives, have completely abandoned any respect for democracy and rule of law, choosing instead the cult of personality around a flagrant criminal.

Trump is not a criminal. And these leftist witch hunts have nothing to do with democracy or rule of law.

It takes an astounding degree of hypocrisy for progressives (who are lawless by definition) to complain about respect for the rule of law.

Democrats value the truth

Most Democrats today are bitter enemies with the truth.

The few Democrats who do still value the truth are highly disgruntled and are not welcome by most other Democrats.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:13 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Pressuring foreign leaders to investigate wrongdoing is neither illegal nor cheating.
so without any supportive evidence you follishly accept the words of our known criminal self dealing liar -in chief, Mr Trump eh? I
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:23 am
@oralloy,
we must change the constitution so that one person/one vote is finally in place within the "Republic" We need to do this before Plump emplaces a fascist plutocracy and totally squashes the remaining rights that most of the population needs to live a decent life.

When "money is speech" and supports only the Industries, when entire states are disenfranchised and elections where the popular vote is denied, when taxes negatively affect the middle classes and is called a "tax cut", when folks of different ethnic backgrounds and races are forbidden the freedoms of the white population and its called "opportunity", the world has turned upside down.

I can foresee the Balkanization of the USA and several states if we dont return to a more center keel. Oralloy calls me a traitor, and I say hes a witless nutbag fond of repeating mindless mantras.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:33 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
so without any supportive evidence you follishly accept the words of our known criminal self dealing liar -in chief, Mr Trump eh?

No. I base my conclusion "that pressuring foreign leaders to investigate wrongdoing is neither illegal nor cheating" on my personal knowledge of reality.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
we must change the constitution so that one person/one vote is finally in place within the "Republic"

No. We are not going to let the left get away with using urban turnout to sabotage our presidential elections.

farmerman wrote:
I can foresee the Balkanization of the USA and several states if we dont return to a more center keel.

The notion that "giving in to the far left" is a "center keel" is preposterous.

The nation will be just fine if we get rid of all of the progressives.

farmerman wrote:
Oralloy calls me a traitor,

I do??

farmerman wrote:
and I say hes a witless nutbag fond of repeating mindless mantras.

It is the nature of a progressive to lash out with childish name-calling whenever someone stands up to their bullying.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:37 am
@oralloy,
so you dont want "one person one vote"?? Why wasnt I surprised that, beneth all your blabber about "civil rights" , youre just a facist douche bag screaming to have your way.

Hail Duce,
Hail yeh.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 10:42 am
@farmerman,
What is it about progressives that makes them resort to childish name-calling whenever someone stands up to their bullying?

I can get behind the notion of reforming the Electoral College so that it is more equitable, although the existing lack of equity is being blown out of proportion.

We talked about a way to do this only about a week ago:
http://able2know.org/topic/355218-3773#post-6917335

What I oppose is completely doing away with the Electoral College and losing the protections that it provides against turnout sabotage.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 12:36 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
What is it about progressives that makes them resort to childish name-calling whenever someone stands up to their bullying?

It could be arrogance, or it could be they know how stupid the ideas and beliefs are, and are scared shitless that people will figure it out, and soon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 12:48 pm
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/smugglers-usd100-hardware-store-power-tools-saw-holes-in-trumps-usd10-billion-wall.html

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2019 01:39 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Quote:

Youre really not "standing up to anything" youre merely a witless denialist.
oralloy

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 08:09 pm
@farmerman,
Wrong. I'm standing up to you.

And like a typical progressive, you are lashing out with childish name-calling.
oralloy

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 08:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
His only defense is the "george Castanza" defense
"REALLY?? I DID NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS ILLEGAL"

There is also the actual fact that "what Trump did" isn't even remotely illegal.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 08:11 pm
@oralloy,

Quote:
And like a typical progressive, you are lashing out with childish name-calling.

He certainly is not alone. More like a dime a dozen.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 09:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Said the second witless person.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 10:25 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Said the second witless person.

I bow to your expertise on being witless. Carry on.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 11:16 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
so without any supportive evidence you follishly accept the words of our known criminal self dealing liar -in chief, Mr Trump eh?

What I really don't understand is why no one seems to realize that foreign countries keep close tabs on all visiting, or business involved Americans while we are in their territory. If any American is involved in world class criminal activity other nations are highly aware. If you are a State Dept official serving in a US Embassy they keep close tabs on everything you do because they assume you are a spy. They don't have to be asked to investigate, they already know. So when our 'current' leadership asks another nation to provide 'information' what is actually happening is Donald Trump asks 'please reveal to me how your intelligence services surveil and keep track of me and every other American that does business or is a family member of an elected official and if at all possible, please hand over the dirt. Would you be willing to allow foreign adversaries unfettered access to the FBI, Secret Service, CIA, NSA and all branches of our Military?

I assume all of our countrymen (because our allies all know this) realize that Russia and Russian criminal organizations are joined at the hip. Russian, Ukranian, Albanian and Armenian organized crime families operate in this country with wild abandon. (There are many others that I won't try to squeeze in to save typing. Our government has done the bare minimum to control these criminal factions and now Trump confers with Putin and puts the squeeze on the Ukraine in an attempt to exploit these criminal groups to benefit himself?

When our democracy disappears it will be our fault. We are easily distracted, lazy, and are soooo willing to regard other Americans as the enemy....we are surrendering our independence and dishonoring every single person who ever sacrificed or served this country.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2019 11:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

There is also the actual fact that "what Trump did" isn't even remotely illegal
You neither believe that nor know that. I love how many of you guy have acquired law degrees and experience .
It i illegal because the Constitution describes it as such (under broad terms of involving foreign powers in our affairs AND impeding justice.)

I also love the way you claim that others engage in nme calling by engaging in name calling yourself. Cute, but rather transparent.
At least my name calling is at a higher level of creativity and intelligence.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 07:24 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That depends on the reason behind it. If the pressure is only for a President's personal gain, then yes, it is illegal.

oralloy wrote:
Democrats are abusing their power to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with their demented ideology.

Per the Constitution, the House of Representatives have sole power to impeach. Since the whistle blower report was addressed to the heads of the House of Representatives and the Senate, it makes sense that the House of Representatives investigate and if needed, advance the investigation into Articles of Impeachment.

oralloy wrote:
Compromise needs to include removing progressives from society. Enough is enough.

There is no need to compromise the Constitution when a President breaks the law. Progressives aren't the problem, a President breaking the law is. That will be the person removed from society and if warranted, jailed.

oralloy wrote:
Trump is not a criminal. And these leftist witch hunts have nothing to do with democracy or rule of law.

A whistle blower report was filed to both the heads of the Senate and House of Representatives. Protocol dictates follow up. The testimony in the witnesses opening statements obviously points differently.

oralloy wrote:
It takes an astounding degree of hypocrisy for progressives (who are lawless by definition) to complain about respect for the rule of law.

Another blatant lie. There is no definition for progressives that state they are lawless. Actually it's defined as "Progressivism is the support for or advocacy of social reform.[1] As a philosophy, it is based on the idea of progress, which asserts that advancements in science, technology, economic development and social organization are vital to the improvement of the human condition." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism

Please quit lying.

oralloy wrote:
Most Democrats today are bitter enemies with the truth.

Another blatant lie. It's becoming your pattern. It could be just your opinion being foisted upon us. But given your pattern of behavior, I'd have to go with the first sentence of my reply.

oralloy wrote:
The few Democrats who do still value the truth are highly disgruntled and are not welcome by most other Democrats.

Seeking the truth isn't a disgruntled behavior, seeking truth is knowledge. Since there's nothing to back up your claim, either it's another lie or it's you who is disgruntled.
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 08:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You neither believe that nor know that.

I both believe it and know it.

farmerman wrote:
It i illegal because the Constitution describes it as such (under broad terms of involving foreign powers in our affairs AND impeding justice.)

It's not illegal. The Constitution says no such thing.

farmerman wrote:
I also love the way you claim that others engage in nme calling by engaging in name calling yourself.

I am engaging in no such name-calling.
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 08:58 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
That depends on the reason behind it. If the pressure is only for a President's personal gain, then yes, it is illegal.

The only people here who are trying to abuse their power to create investigations for their own personal gain are the Democrats.

If this is illegal, then it is the Democrats who belong in jail.

neptuneblue wrote:
Per the Constitution, the House of Representatives have sole power to impeach. Since the whistle blower report was addressed to the heads of the House of Representatives and the Senate, it makes sense that the House of Representatives investigate and if needed, advance the investigation into Articles of Impeachment.

Setting aside the fact that what the whistle blower accused Trump of doing is not even illegal, the Democrats have been abusing their power to try to get Trump investigated since the beginning of his presidency. This is not behavior that suddenly started with this whistle blower report.

neptuneblue wrote:
There is no need to compromise the Constitution when a President breaks the law.

Your efforts to dodge the point do not change the fact that compromise needs to include removing progressives from society.

neptuneblue wrote:
Progressives aren't the problem,

Yes they are.

neptuneblue wrote:
a President breaking the law is.

Setting aside for a moment the fact that Trump has not broken the law, spare me your hypocrisy. Breaking the law wasn't much of a problem when Bill Clinton was the one who was doing it.

neptuneblue wrote:
A whistle blower report was filed to both the heads of the Senate and House of Representatives. Protocol dictates follow up. The testimony in the witnesses opening statements obviously points differently.

A whistle blower complaint over something that isn't even illegal.

neptuneblue wrote:
Another blatant lie. There is no definition for progressives that state they are lawless.

Wrong again. Progressives showed quite clearly with Bill Clinton that they do not care a bit about the law.

neptuneblue wrote:
Please quit lying.

The only person here with a history of lying is you.

neptuneblue wrote:
Another blatant lie.

Wrong again. That was the truth.

neptuneblue wrote:
It's becoming your pattern.

No. It is your pattern. You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

That you falsely accuse me of your own dishonor only compounds your dishonor.

neptuneblue wrote:
It could be just your opinion being foisted upon us.

No. It's the truth.

neptuneblue wrote:
But given your pattern of behavior, I'd have to go with the first sentence of my reply.

You are the only person here who has a history of lying.

neptuneblue wrote:
Seeking the truth isn't a disgruntled behavior, seeking truth is knowledge. Since there's nothing to back up your claim, either it's another lie or it's you who is disgruntled.

Of course I'm disgruntled. Do I sound like I'm happy with the way the Democrats are behaving?
0 Replies