Book Assignement

clfn33

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 04:05 am
Hi everyone,
In my english class we have to read a biography or a memoir. The english teachers chose 14 of them but there can only be 4 students per book. So for our top three picks we have to write a paragraph on why we really want them/ why they should assign them to us. I personally would love to read Audrey Hepburnā€™s. Do you have some arguments I could give that would be really convincing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 3
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 04:10 am
@clfn33,
Only you can do that. Only you know why you really want to read Audrey Hepburn's so you want to say why that it. When did you first hear of her? What films of hers have you seen? That sort of thing.

If it's personal it's genuine, unlike a load of generic stuff clawed off the internet.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 10:04 am
@clfn33,
She led an interesting life and was much more than an actress. As a child in Belgium she studied ballet and wanted to be a professional dancer. Unfortunately her studies were interrupted by the Nazi occupation.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 12:14 pm
@clfn33,
Well, she was born in Belgium and died in Switzerland. Both countries are known for making delicious chocolate.

Just write a paragraph indicating why you want to read Hepburn's biography/memoir.
0 Replies