What is the worthiest single trait human beings possess?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:41 pm
Like your summary, Kara.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:01 pm
I will pretend you didn't say that, Osso.

If I can't be a wit, I will at least be into self-deprecation. Cool
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:55 pm
Oh, sigh, I've missed the nuances again. What a dumkopf!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 01:40 am
I've changed my mind - having read Heeven's post about curiousity and the need and ability humans have to organize - I think adaptability is, if not the single most important human trait - very important. It is what enable humans to organize their lives in such a way as to be able to survive in their surroundings. Of course, without perception - we wouldn't be able to perceive the need to adapt and organize.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 02:40 pm
Good signature quotes, Aiden.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:37 pm
Thanks, Kara.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 05:42 pm
Graciousness.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 07:32 pm
You can say that again, Spendi.

On perception, animals perceive too or at least apprehend phenomena in their brains.

Perspective about perceptions, that is the key to me, and, tah dah..... that is what I think 'wit' is.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:56 pm
Spendius, graciousness is, at bottom, charity.

Aiden, I had forgot that line from Unbearable Lightness. Memorable.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:09 pm
If a worthy trait must, by definition, be valuable, doesn't it follow that the trait must assist a being to survive? If that is so, a worthy trait is not an honorable one or one that is applauded by one's fellows; it is rather something necessary such as adaptability (which was just mentioned) or quickness of movement or mind, or inventiveness (probably similar to adaptbility), or other faculties such as strength that would allow for survival. Once one has survived, then other traits could come to the fore as expansions on existence, but not until survival is assured.

This is close to what we spoke of earlier, noting that only when one is fed can he look about with interest or curiosity at the world outside his elementary needs.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:08 pm
I think I said as much but I don't remember well, flibbertygibbet that I am. But, never mind my doubts, I aggressively say, So There!

Let me mention that man in low ebb is not fortified to be man at his best (his being of course her as well, and if anyone disagrees see me after class)

but still, sparks can emanate within our minds and sometimes to a person nearby.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 02:59 am
You could say that graciousness is witty charity.Witless charity is not very nice even if it is welcomed.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 04:41 am
The ability to appreciate bright shiny objects with a measure of wit and irony is not a terrible human trait to have, if you want to engage in a relationship with a female. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 05:00 am
Noontime,an' I'm still pushing myself along the road,the darkest part.

Whooa!Into the narrow lanes,I can't stumble or stay put.

Someone else is speaking with mouth but I'm listening only to my heart.

I made shoes for everyone,even you,but I still go barefoot.

I and I.Bobby boy.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 07:10 am
It was lunch at the pub again, spendius?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 07:45 am
Kara:-

EM and I have a system whereby we tell each other what time of day we are at.This is to avoid misunderstandings.It often happens that I am feeling all smug and self satisfied after a nice do and EM comes on from Hawaii and he's just out of bed feeling all grumpy and washed out.
You will notice that the post you refer to is at 4.00am which was noontime here and,I think,1.00am in Hawaii although I think EM is in California at the moment on an important mission.

Whenever I use the word "Noontime" that little piece of poetic brilliance flashes across my inner dreamscape and I was just sharing it with EM because he is fast approaching the narrow lanes himself and dear Bobby's advice is a help to some on how to negotiate them.

Regards.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 03:11 pm
There are various classes and several clique's of people who read these threads Spendius, at times I am forced to wonder how many of them read your postings in the desire to further appreciate total lunacy.

There is a time and a place for everything, you are commandeering as many postings as your drunken stuporic state enables you to hit. Hit them you do, with meanderings, description's, quoted mumbo jumbo of the most asinine levels I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Oh but I were on The Bench, and you were before me, you catatonic imbecile. I would have you remanded to the cells without let or hindrance, awaiting your date for sentencing, hopefully by Lord Justice Bartholomew Forsythe-Smythe.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 03:18 pm
I could talk my way out of that easy mate.Piece of cake with an educated man like old Foggy Forsythe.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 04:09 pm
Aw Jeez, Mathos, that was brilliant. I was starting in to attempt a coherent reply to spendius' incoherent posting, but you got there first, thank god.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 04:54 pm
Hmmm...
This and the rest of Spendius's posts seem crystal clear to me (except when he purposelfully obfuscates.

Should I be worried about my brain?
0 Replies