dyslexia and diane do Chaco Canyon

patiodog

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:45 pm
Diane wrote:
Ignoring the skinny, somewhat boorish cowboy, Patio Dog, where is Sonora Pass? Arizona? I like to talk to people who have had that experience. It is almost unbelievable to those who haven't been there.

Boorish? Nay...

Sonora Pass, through some crotch rocket aficionado's lens:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway108.htm

I've gotta stop picking out errors on the map of Emigrant Wilderness/Yosemite about 2/3 of the way down (where the hell are Cherry Lake and Lake Huckleberry? They're both bigger than Kibbie, which is on there, and which share drainage...).

It ain't no Chaco, though; the Mi-Wuk lived in tastefully biodegradable homes.

And I suspect dys is highly corrigible...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:10 pm
that was the coolest drive north out of Yosemite\Mariposa up to the interstate and over to Reno. We might have went the eastern route but we thought that would be to hard on the schoolbus.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:25 pm
Yeah, some of those roads are pretty iffy. Most years a couple of snowbirds in an overgrown RV will topple off of Highway 108 or 120.

A lot of fun to come down in neutral, though, tapping the brakes every now and then if the tires are squealing too loud.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:23 pm
Hey, the Dys-man can be corrigible indeed. He taught me what a crotch rocket it and what ape hangers are. He's a very cool guy, he and his speedy Norton.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 11:09 pm
Does that "speedy Norton" get rid of virus?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 02:41 pm
Diane, I don't write poetry. I recall, however, as a young boy being startled to look up at the night country sky and seeing the sky hovering lower over me.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:07 pm
Useta watch meteor showers from the big transmitter on Big Hill Road.

Or take the canoe and a cooler out to the "island" (or isthmus in dry years) in Cherry Lake at the end of Cottonwood Road. Throw some people in the back of the truck, take the fast and tight and respectfully, good times. Or build a bon fire at a developed campsite off of logging road 3NO1 on the way (the trees have since been felled and The Spot is now a dust pit), burn something and firewalk...

Sorry, ignore me, just missing the mountains...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:13 pm
Nice for the driver... wonderful for the driver. Sickypoo for the passenger...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
Not at all. They loved it, the folks in back. Good folks like R and J and G would choose Iggy's rusty bed over any of the queasy, weezing VWs that'd be making the trip.

I'm good, I tell ya.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:21 pm
Iggy?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:29 pm
Datsun pickup. Reminded me of Iggy Pop. Small, ugly, 70s relic, couldn't break 75 on the freeway, but great on those steep mountain curves. Suspension like a sportscar, engine like a lawnmower.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:30 pm
ha!

http://www285.pair.com/scannell/Datsunpickup-mt2-72.jpg

okay, enough hijackjing...
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:58 pm
Only just caught up with this thread - stunning place! And cars, people, dog...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:09 pm
cars, people, dog, and DYS (who almost never gets in the way of your golf swing)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 06:36 pm
ya got more chaco stuff, dys?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:55 am
May I draw your avid readers' eyes towards my thread http://www.able2know.com/forums/about53557.html in case their collective wisdom can be of use to me????
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 12:50 pm
I'll be back with notes from out last trip through New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. We have traveled through most of the spots Bob used to go to for backpacking. Backpacking is a thing of the past, but the scenery is still just as beautiful.

Later.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 04:36 pm
BBB
Diane wrote:
I'll be back with notes from out last trip through New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. We have traveled through most of the spots Bob used to go to for backpacking. Backpacking is a thing of the past, but the scenery is still just as beautiful.

Later.

Dys and Diane would have stayed longer looking for Dys' backpack he lost thirty years ago, but they had to hurry back so Dys could install two memory cards in my computer.

I have memory again! Woo Hoo!

BBB
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
BBB, what was it that you forgot?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 04:45 pm
Noddy
JLNobody wrote:
BBB, what was it that you forgot?

You know how people forget where they put their glasses? Well, I forgot where I put my teeth.

BBB Razz Mr. Green
0 Replies