"I support the troops..." ???

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:39 pm
timberlandko wrote:
To be fair, Tres, somebody prolly oughta ask her a while later on. Right npw, she is free only from the oppression of Saddam. While there are reasons for optimism, the issue has its pessimists too. Time will tell. I devoutly wish she is not among the disappointed. I'm optimistic ... so, by the look of the photo, is she.

That's a fair answer.

I think (which means this is just some nutjob's opinion) that the probability of her future being free and happy has been greatly increased by the coalition's actions in Iraq. I also realize that this improvement in her prospects has come at the cost of any future for some others. I pray that those remaining who are in a position to choose, will choose to make the most of the possibility purchased with those lives.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:11 am
I think all of us join TW in wishing and hoping that the Iraqis make the most of this unusual opportunity.

They can do it. They are blessed (!) with a fairly large percentage of intellectuals in Iraq -- and if that intellect can be channeled properly, they will.

Time will tell.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:16 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
I think all of us join TW in wishing and hoping that the Iraqis make the most of this unusual opportunity.

They can do it. They are blessed (!) with a fairly large percentage of intellectuals in Iraq -- and if that intellect can be channeled properly, they will.

Time will tell.

There's no doubt that the next year is going to be a very trying time for many in Iraq, but then I suppose the last 30 years have been very trying. At least now there is the possibility of a light at the end of the tunnel.

And it is nice to find some common ground on which to agree here now and again. Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:37 am
Amen!
0 Replies