Age of consent question

Methen

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 07:44 am
Why is it perfectly OK for say a 14 year old to have sex with another 14 year old cause they are consider mature enough to do so, But yet they can not not have a sex with someone much older then they are, if you sit back and think about this it makes absolutely no sense what so ever, if a 14 year old is mature enough to have sex with another 14 year old then they are mature enough have sex with any one much older.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 07:55 am
@Methen,
That isn't true at all.

The issue is the power imbalance. Two 14 year olds are equals (at least in life experience). Neither can drive. Neither of them have experience or a career. Neither of the is likely to dominate the other. They are two kids in the same stage of life.

Any time there is an adult and a child there is a huge power imbalance. That makes consent impossible. Any time an adult has sex with a child it is rape (both legally and logically).

I don't know why I am even responding to this ridiculous post. I suppose I want to explain what should be fairly obvious. Let me give my real response... this is a disgusting and troubling idea.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 08:20 am
@Methen,
So, are you the 14 yr. old or the much older person?

In any case, Max gave you the exact answer.
0 Replies

Methen

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 08:36 am
@maxdancona,
Wrong on so many levels, First of all there is no power imbalance involved that is mainstream media programming used to justify pure stupidity, and for people unable to think for their self, Second of all you are making a very common mistake of judging a persons level of maturity based on the age of their physical body, instead of the soul that inhabits that body, That would be like me judging your level of maturity by the age of car you drive.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 08:49 am
@Methen,
You are arguing for pedophilia. This is illegal. Most of us, myself included, believe that it is one of the most disgusting of crimes.

I don't know if you are willing to listen to victims of this. Often the adult (I want to use the word "perpetrator" but I am trying to stay unemotional) convinces the young teen that this is something they want. That doesn't make it any less traumatic. There are many adult survivors who can explain what they went through.

What you are describing is a crime. And given the trauma it inflicts on young teens it should be.

Methen

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:18 am
@maxdancona,
One I am arguing that you can not judge a persons maturity level by the age of their physical body, and two arguing for pedophilia which I am not doing is not illegal as that would be a clear violation to freedom of speech

Go on youtube search youngest pianist in the world

and watch some of those videos and ask yourself where those skills came from and some of them are only 4 years old
maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:01 am
@Methen,
It is illegal for an adult to have sex with a 14 year old.

If I understand you correctly, you are arguing that this should be allowed. I strongly disagree.
Methen

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 11:04 am
@maxdancona,
I give up
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 11:49 am
I would only be able to surmise that this person either has or would like to have an immoral and illegal relationship with a minor. It sounds as if s/he would like to clear his/her conscience or avoid jail time.

Either way just this discussion from an adult that thinks this sort of relationship is ok makes me feel ill. I have a 20 year old and a 16 year old and I would not want either one of them near you. I cannot even fathom the thought if they were 14.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 09:31 pm
@Methen,
Pedophilia is not protected by the freedom of speech. Its a crime.
0 Replies