Would it be dumb to try to take my own stitches out?

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:13 am
so, how is it looking today Boom??

are you going to take them out yourself?
Today is the day right?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:18 am
We are waiting in curious anticipation
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:00 am
I tried to do it last night but couldn't really get in to cut the stitch without cutting the knot off and then I worried about not being able to get the thread out.

I tried to enlist Mr. B in helping this morning and he freaked. (He's a total pansy when it comes to anything remotely related to medical.)

I guess I'm stuck with having to go have it done. Mo is very excited to see this (He loves anything remotely medical) so I'm guessing it'll be a field trip.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:01 am
There ya go. Entertainment. (I confess to relief. Talk about pansies...)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:11 am
boomerang wrote:
I tried to enlist Mr. B in helping this morning and he freaked. (He's a total pansy when it comes to anything remotely related to medical.)

too funny! Laughing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:45 pm
I swear you can make Mr. B queasy just by mentioning getting a shot.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:53 pm
Laughing

that is funny.

sometimes, there is enough 'give' to the stitch, you can wedge something underneath to help hold it up while you cut. Granted, it is on your face.. but.. maybe the end of a toothpick might give enough room for you to cut?

Then again, mo may get some strange ideas from that. hahah
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:37 pm
I was on the 'go for it' side of the fence until you said it was near the temple. Then I thought I'd probably let someone else remove it from that area. I'm not sure why exactly but the thought of pulling stitches out of my own face/temple put me off.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:22 pm
I'm not at all squemish - at least not when it comes to my own body. It wouldn't have bothered me to take it out. It was just so tiny and I had to take my glasses off to try it and my vision is just so bad.

Next time I get stitches Mo will probably be old enough to take them out.

Anyway, Mo thought it was cool to see them take the stitch out and I yakked up the nurse for info which got me a call in for some prescriptions instead of having to revisit the doctor so it all turned out for the best.
0 Replies