Customer Service Nightmares.

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:35 pm
Have you had really bad customer service experiences? Do you want to warn us off any company?

Last week I made an appointment with Sears Home Repair to have my refrigerator fixed. They said for me to be home today (Saturday) between 1 PM and 5 PM and that someone would call when they were ready to come. At 3:15, I started a phone call with a friend. At 3:45, I heard some sounds on the phone that indicated that maybe someone was trying to phone me. I never ordered call waiting from my phone company, but perhaps I have it as part of some package. Not sure how to use it if I do have it. I stopped talking to my friend and called Sears Home Repair almost immediately. That had indeed been them, and they had already irrevocably taken me off today's list. The offered to re-schedule me, but only for another day. I suggested that they keep their word, since I had already been waiting around for 3 hours on a weekend for them. I cannot describe to you how glib and condescending they were telling me that such a thing would be impossible. I told them not to reschedule me. I called Maytag Home Repair and they said that had it been them, they would have knocked on my door and hung an indication they had been there at a minimum. Sears customer service sucks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,230 • Replies: 10
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:32 pm
I don't know if I can do this here, but there's a site called ripoffreport.com - I have spent many hours browsing there. I have found some appropriate warnings and some people who don't have a clue and suddenly feel empowered!

At least home service hasn't been outsourced... yet.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 06:42 pm
As a side note - the "Flash" button on your phone will simply switch you over to the other line when someone is calling in during a conversation - and when you're done with speaking with them, press "Flash" again to return to the original call. Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 06:52 pm
is the flash button like the any key?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 06:56 pm
we have a water treatment system for the pH, iron, and some other flavorings in our well water. These guys have to come out and service our units once a quarter. They will not install a bigger unit so that they make less frequent visits and, whenever they come, we lose a full day of waiting . They are such a bunch of jerks with people skills worse than mine.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:11 pm
Darn, I meant this for "General," not "General News." Oh, well, still like to hear peoples' warnings and horror stories.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
I was just in the middle of a long rant about Dell customer service, when I got a blue screen...

When I calm down, I will try again to share my adventures.

Short version:

"Dude, you're getting a Dell." = "Dude your gonna get it rough with no lube."
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 04:58 pm
Okay,
to finish my rant.
The Mrs. and I bought a brand new Dell desktop last December, and right from the get go the machine ran poorly. When it would run, it was painfully slow and we would get blue screens about once every three hours. We called Dell, waited 45 mins. to an hour, and were finally put through with someone in India with a shaky grasp of the English language. He informed me that I called the wrong department and transferred me to someone with an even shakier grasp of English.
I finally explained the problem to him and he said he would ask his superior what to do.
He hung up on me.
We tried several more attempts via phone and had similar results.
We tried to use the online help, but as our machine would crash so often, this too proved useless.
We finally resorted to e-mail and had slightly better results. We ran diagnostics and found nothing. Checked for viruses/yuckware...nothing.
I reformatted the hard drive and re installed Windows...Still no better.
The last e-mail I recieved advised me to pull out the RAM chips and check them individually, and if that did nothing, try installing a different hard drive.
This machine is still under warranty. I shouldn't have to be doing any of this. It's going on seven months of sheer frustration...
This post btw was written on our trusty old HP pentium II.
It's now the only working computer in the house.

Sorry for the long rant, but I feel better now.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 05:23 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Okay,
to finish my rant.
The Mrs. and I bought a brand new Dell desktop last December...

I had a friend at work who bought a Dell a couple of years ago, then cancelled his order before he got it. As I recall, the money was deducted from his credit card anyway. It took him dozens and dozens of calls and letters to get it fixed. From what I gather their customer service is a total nightmare.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 06:02 pm
Dell shows up on the ripoff report numerous times... I don't think they're unique, but the word India also shows up regularly.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:10 pm
Re: Customer Service Nightmares.
Brandon9000 wrote:
Have you had really bad customer service experiences? Do you want to warn us off any company?

Last week I made an appointment with Sears Home Repair to have my refrigerator fixed. They said for me to be home today (Saturday) between 1 PM and 5 PM and that someone would call when they were ready to come. At 3:15, I started a phone call with a friend. At 3:45, I heard some sounds on the phone that indicated that maybe someone was trying to phone me. I never ordered call waiting from my phone company, but perhaps I have it as part of some package. Not sure how to use it if I do have it. I stopped talking to my friend and called Sears Home Repair almost immediately. That had indeed been them, and they had already irrevocably taken me off today's list. The offered to re-schedule me, but only for another day. I suggested that they keep their word, since I had already been waiting around for 3 hours on a weekend for them. I cannot describe to you how glib and condescending they were telling me that such a thing would be impossible. I told them not to reschedule me. I called Maytag Home Repair and they said that had it been them, they would have knocked on my door and hung an indication they had been there at a minimum. Sears customer service sucks.

Here's the epilogue. I called the Sears corporate offices in Chicago Monday morning. I asked to be allowed to forward a complaint to any manager. They asked me what it was in regard to. I said an incident that occurred when a Sears Home Repair man was supposed to come to my home. They said "Just one moment," and put me on hold. When someone picked up the phone again, I discovered that they had merely transferred me to their 800 number for re-scheduling my service call. It would take a genius to figure out how to show more disrespect.
0 Replies