Always Flirtation- but nothing further

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 10:58 am
Outside the internet, I always have males flirting with me or making passes at me. I or him never get a chance to ask one out. Me being insecure and oldfashion would'nt even think of asking one out on a date. When a male flirts or makes a pass, "should I ask him out?" Do males get turned off by agression? Why can't I get pass the flirtation to the dating seen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,012 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 11:20 am
They're probably looking for a sign that you like it, so that they can take the next step. If a guy flirts with a girl, and he just can't interpret her reaction, he will be much less likely to go further, than if he feels like he's getting a "go ahead" signal.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:10 pm
Also;

I go to University to get tooth pulled, this red haired cute freckeled face lady calls my name to go do xrays, I look at her and laugh. When she takes to my examining room, walking through, there I see a whole buch of cute red haired freckeled people, which BTW made me laugh. I'm at the room, I see a red haired, tall male getting supplies, I stand there incomplete shock gaping at him, he says, "hello," and I say, "hellow," back. He walks across to the other room to bring supplies. I lay back on the examining table he comes in, sit's at desk, goes thru papper work, with back turned away he ask me questions, all this and not yet see his face. He get's up to look at my teeth, there I see his cut freckeled face. I really cracked up then. He gave me a real hot flirtatious smile like, "oy Baby, let's have some fun." He put on the blue gloves, like as if he was putting a blue condom, then he goes over and leans his right thi on my right thi. Here he is rubbing his thi against mine, while bending over examining my teeth. Anyhow, he never asked me out, and I didn't either. Was the thi incident an accident or a dirty flirtaious action?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:15 pm
Wooohhh, Constgirl I can't believe you could stand that. If someone did that to me what the red-hair dentist did to you, I would slap him first and sue him for sexual harrassment later. I think it was really ... uhh...inappropriate.

I think flirting is just that - flirting. I don't know how old you are but I am a university student myself and everyone knows that any "romance" that goes on is just plain fun, especially if both the parties are complete strangers to one another. I'd just treat it as plain fun and not even give him a second thought.

You're old fashioned? So am I! Call me whatever, but I still think its the guy who should ask the girl out and it should be the guy who pops the question.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 12:37 pm
pragmatic wrote:
Wooohhh, Constgirl I can't believe you could stand that. If someone did that to me what the red-hair dentist did to you, I would slap him first and sue him for sexual harrassment later. I think it was really ... uhh...inappropriate.

I think flirting is just that - flirting. I don't know how old you are but I am a university student myself and everyone knows that any "romance" that goes on is just plain fun, especially if both the parties are complete strangers to one another. I'd just treat it as plain fun and not even give him a second thought.

You're old fashioned? So am I! Call me whatever, but I still think its the guy who should ask the girl out and it should be the guy who pops the question.
"Sue and slap heck, heck no!" I wanted to pinch his a-s-s
and date him.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 02:34 pm
Thank you ConstitutionalGirl!

See ladies, the above is what the hell I'm talking about.

One woman is probably giving the same damn smile as the other.

One wants to date you and pinch your ass, the other one wants to sue your ass and feels harassed.

There it is.

"Oh, but we don't give signals..."

Damn, maybe I will read up on that hypnosis thing on the other thread... Razz

Tell us what The Word is ConstitutionalGirl!

Pragmatic had me thinking I'm gonna get my ass sued the next time I ask a girl for a date!

Whats The Word, CG? Razz

(I hope you are a female?? Sounds almost trannie? Prove me wrong? Cool )
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 02:41 pm
Hey CG,

What is the deal with you and red headed freckle-faced people? I notice almost all your posts have these characters in them.

And the guys you're checking out are always these freckle-faced dudes. Do you have a thing for freckles?

Maybe you should move to Ireland!

What's up with the freckles, girlie? Razz

___

In any event, I'm kind of glad to see your posts on this. I was posting about the same sort of thing here "Making The First Move" etc. and I felt like a lot of the females were talking to me as if I was an idiot or something because I'm not good at reading the signals or non-signals or whatever.

I'm kind of glad to hear that some women have trouble with this too.

Actually, I think its one of the more interesting topics in the realm of Relationships and all that.

I mean, just imagine: All of us might have missed one of our True Soulmates or something, just because we didn't pickup on a smile at the supermarket correctly, or something of that sort. Think of all the times in your life you probably missed out on a great thing.

I'll go out on a limb and say that most ALL of us have probably missed it at one time or another. You liked someone, they were giving you what they thought was a signal or something, you missed it, etc etc.

And the ironic thing is, after missing these things, a lot of people end up like in long relationships or married to someone thats just "pretty good" for them.... All because the silly little communications thing worked better--oh you happened to work with this mediocre match or something so you end up with them instead of the great match at the supermarket you didn't "First Move Communicate" with

...they missed the "excellent match" for themselves because of the hundreds of "First Move" miscommunications they never picked up on.

I think thats interesting. The "First Move" communications/signals between the sexes. I'd like to see a book on that. Probably is one out there.

"First Move Communications for Dummies" by ___________
(Hey perhaps we could work on authoring it together. It could have the male & female perspective)...I've already started some research, but now I'll get more methodical, scientific, do statistical analysis and all that... :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 03:24 pm
ConstitutionalGirl wrote:
He put on the blue gloves, like as if he was putting a blue condom, then he goes over and leans his right thi on my right thi. Here he is rubbing his thi against mine, while bending over examining my teeth. Anyhow, he never asked me out, and I didn't either. Was the thi incident an accident or a dirty flirtaious action?

Not having been there, I can't analyze this, but I'm thinking there's only so many ways to put on a pair of tight fitting latex or nitril gloves. The rest is easily explained as professional contact. I get my teeth cleaned every three months, and that's how it goes. My hygenist is doing intricate work, in an awkward position. It's tough on the fingers and very hard on the back.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 03:56 pm
Roger - Exactly. CG is letting her imagination run away with her. She equated rubber gloves to a condom - come on. I don't know how a dentist, eye doctor, gynecologist or anyone else could do their job without some close contact. Pragmatic - it's just irresponsible for you to egg her on in this way. Besides, why would she sue him, even if he had come on to her - she sounded as if she was ready to sleep with him right there in the office. This is exactly the reason that health professionals can no longer afford to be alone in a room while examining a patient. This guy didn't do anything but look at your teeth and smile at you CG- entirely and professionally appropriate. Your wishful thinking invented the rest. And I'll give you a little clue, if you want to be attractive to a guy, at the very least you have to present yourself as sane.

EM - I don't understand your concern. Unless you're coming on to women at work, or coming on to women who have already expressed their disinterest, or coming on to complete strangers who are nervous about being approached by people they don't know, you shouldn't have any worries. When someone flirts with me, I'm either interested or not. If I'm interested, I encourage further contact fairly directly. I agree to join them at their table, or accept a drink, whatever. But if I'm not , then I move to cut the encounter off. I might tell them I'm not interested (I'm direct, and don't play games) but at the very least, I'll move back into my own space instead of into theirs. And all that a guy has to do to stay out of trouble is back off. What's so hard to understand about that? You seem like a smart, sensitive guy who should be able to read people fairly accurately. But I'd always be careful that you approach women who seem reasonably sane. Some women, as we've seen on this thread will read a situation all wrong and react totally out of proportion to what the situation calls for - and then you're in a heap of trouble. It's better to be safe than sorry, and I think I'd rather be lonely than stalked by someone who's not in their right mind.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 04:25 pm
aidan wrote:
But I'd always be careful that you approach women who seem reasonably sane.

hmm...perhaps you are onto something here.

I think in a weird way, perhaps I've become bored of sane or "normal" women.

Not that that is something to be proud of, at all.

I should give this some thought...reflection...hmmm....

sane
women only? ohhhh.... Idea

I've always been drawn to the more eccentric, bizarre, eclectic, artistic, creative in male friends and females too; and this may not go with the most solid sanity all the time.

Aidan, I think you've helped me identify a large part of my issue, actually.

I'm more attracted to women that are basically half-insane. Not all the way insane. Just halfway there. The artistic, the wild, the bizarre, the on-the-edge. Thats probably a large portion of the reason I have these communication things going on. Interesting...
The normal and sane is almost too easy and predictable...
____

hey Aidan, just for the record, are you a male or female? Just wondered if this is a woman's or man's point of view? It appears you are probably female, but I didn't want to assume...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 04:33 pm
ExtraMedium, I didn't think you were an idiot for not being able to read signals, I thought you were for thinking that you should be able to read signals. ;-)

Actually, just the stuff I said about no holy grail. Maybe yes, maybe no.

I definitely, definitely agree that all of us have problems with signal sending and receiving -- indeed, that was my overriding point.

As for this one, I completely agree with Roger's take. And while it was on another thread, I agree with Setanta's take as well re: CG and taking every opportunity she can to titillate (or however he put it.)
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 04:39 pm
sozobe wrote:
ExtraMedium, I didn't think you were an idiot for not being able to read signals, I thought you were for thinking that you should be able to read signals. ;-)

Actually, just the stuff I said about no holy grail. Maybe yes, maybe no.

I definitely, definitely agree that all of us have problems with signal sending and receiving -- indeed, that was my overriding point.

As for this one, I completely agree with Roger's take. And while it was on another thread, I agree with Setanta's take as well re: CG and taking every opportunity she can to titillate (or however he put it.)

Thanks Sozobe for clarifying.

Not sure what your comments re: CG mean? She should take every opportunity, or???
Or, what thread was that, I should read up on it...
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 04:48 pm
I'm a female. And just for the record EM artistic and creative and/or eccentric doesn't necessarily rule out sane :wink:

I kind of get what you mean. I've never been interested in the boy scout type. But I do admire and am attracted to someone who is at least somewhat emotionally balanced. Life is just too chaotic otherwise.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 08:10 pm
aidan wrote:
Roger - Exactly. CG is letting her imagination run away with her. She equated rubber gloves to a condom - come on. I don't know how a dentist, eye doctor, gynecologist or anyone else could do their job without some close contact. Pragmatic - it's just irresponsible for you to egg her on in this way. Besides, why would she sue him, even if he had come on to her - she sounded as if she was ready to sleep with him right there in the office. This is exactly the reason that health professionals can no longer afford to be alone in a room while examining a patient. This guy didn't do anything but look at your teeth and smile at you CG- entirely and professionally appropriate. Your wishful thinking invented the rest. And I'll give you a little clue, if you want to be attractive to a guy, at the very least you have to present yourself as sane.

EM - I don't understand your concern. Unless you're coming on to women at work, or coming on to women who have already expressed their disinterest, or coming on to complete strangers who are nervous about being approached by people they don't know, you shouldn't have any worries. When someone flirts with me, I'm either interested or not. If I'm interested, I encourage further contact fairly directly. I agree to join them at their table, or accept a drink, whatever. But if I'm not , then I move to cut the encounter off. I might tell them I'm not interested (I'm direct, and don't play games) but at the very least, I'll move back into my own space instead of into theirs. And all that a guy has to do to stay out of trouble is back off. What's so hard to understand about that? You seem like a smart, sensitive guy who should be able to read people fairly accurately. But I'd always be careful that you approach women who seem reasonably sane. Some women, as we've seen on this thread will read a situation all wrong and react totally out of proportion to what the situation calls for - and then you're in a heap of trouble. It's better to be safe than sorry, and I think I'd rather be lonely than stalked by someone who's not in their right mind.

Adian, this is a Dental University and the student is so hot. And yes I did and do wish to sleep with him.

Quote:
Hey CG,

What is the deal with you and red headed freckle-faced people? I notice almost all your posts have these characters in them.

And the guys you're checking out are always these freckle-faced dudes. Do you have a thing for freckles?

Maybe you should move to Ireland!

What's up with the freckles, girlie?

___

In any event, I'm kind of glad to see your posts on this. I was posting about the same sort of thing here "Making The First Move" etc. and I felt like a lot of the females were talking to me as if I was an idiot or something because I'm not good at reading the signals or non-signals or whatever.

I'm kind of glad to hear that some women have trouble with this too.

Actually, I think its one of the more interesting topics in the realm of Relationships and all that.

I mean, just imagine: All of us might have missed one of our True Soulmates or something, just because we didn't pickup on a smile at the supermarket correctly, or something of that sort. Think of all the times in your life you probably missed out on a great thing.

I'll go out on a limb and say that most ALL of us have probably missed it at one time or another. You liked someone, they were giving you what they thought was a signal or something, you missed it, etc etc.

And the ironic thing is, after missing these things, a lot of people end up like in long relationships or married to someone thats just "pretty good" for them.... All because the silly little communications thing worked better--oh you happened to work with this mediocre match or something so you end up with them instead of the great match at the supermarket you didn't "First Move Communicate" with

...they missed the "excellent match" for themselves because of the hundreds of "First Move" miscommunications they never picked up on.

I think thats interesting. The "First Move" communications/signals between the sexes. I'd like to see a book on that. Probably is one out there.

"First Move Communications for Dummies" by ___________
(Hey perhaps we could work on authoring it together. It could have the male & female perspective)...I've already started some research, but now I'll get more methodical, scientific, do statistical analysis and all that...

extra medium
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you ConstitutionalGirl!

See ladies, the above is what the hell I'm talking about.

One woman is probably giving the same damn smile as the other.

One wants to date you and pinch your ass, the other one wants to sue your ass and feels harassed.

There it is.

"Oh, but we don't give signals..."

Damn, maybe I will read up on that hypnosis thing on the other thread...

Tell us what The Word is ConstitutionalGirl!

Pragmatic had me thinking I'm gonna get my ass sued the next time I ask a girl for a date!

Whats The Word, CG?

(I hope you are a female?? Sounds almost trannie? Prove me wrong? )

EM, your not seeing the sighns, she may like you, shes flirting with you.
If you really like her, fly her to your island.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 08:26 pm
LOL!

I like your mindbrain, CG. Funny!

Glad someone has a sense of humor around here.

_____

yeah, free tickets!

go pickup your tickets at shallowtrancedancehypnotichawaii.com

bring oil, suntan & smartdrinks & your favorite mp3s, whatever toothbrush...
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 08:31 pm
see it just goes to show that everyone takes these signs differently.
___
I say that if the freak is rubbing his thigh against you any more than is necessary to do the job, something is up. Thats right. Go ahead and attack, haters.
If the dude is touching thigh too much, the dudes making a move. Sorry if that makes some people mad.
Lets not be in denial...

need to hear from Slappy on this one for balanced opinion.
I say: If you know the thigh touching was more than was necessary and wasn't accidental, that is something. Unbelievable others don't agree to that one...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 10:37 pm
If the dude is making a move, he should be outta the profession.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 10:42 pm
agreed
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 03:15 am
roger wrote:
ConstitutionalGirl wrote:
He put on the blue gloves, like as if he was putting a blue condom, then he goes over and leans his right thi on my right thi. Here he is rubbing his thi against mine, while bending over examining my teeth. Anyhow, he never asked me out, and I didn't either. Was the thi incident an accident or a dirty flirtaious action?

Not having been there, I can't analyze this, but I'm thinking there's only so many ways to put on a pair of tight fitting latex or nitril gloves. The rest is easily explained as professional contact. I get my teeth cleaned every three months, and that's how it goes. My hygenist is doing intricate work, in an awkward position. It's tough on the fingers and very hard on the back.
If it's hard on the back, than they shouldn't be leaning over. All Dentist I had before, went right in back of me to reach the teeth.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 03:29 am
ossobuco wrote:
If the dude is making a move, he should be outta the profession.
"He's just a hot student, working on a hot girl," of coarse he has to to make a move. I think I did give him a sighn.
0 Replies