Should a man let his female friend sit in the back seat?

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 07:12 am
My cousin was texting me while she was with her friend. They are somewhat serious but not seeing each other that long. He took her on errands with him yesterday but when he picked her up he had another guy in the car and he was in the front.

This guy was introduced as his daughter's boyfriend.She said they were in the front and she was in back seat texting me.
Not sure how common this is.

Serious opinions

chai2

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 07:29 am
@lisa1471,
https://pics.me.me/overthinking-the-art-of-creating-problems-that-werent-even-there-8692683.png
lisa1471

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 07:37 am
@chai2,
huh.. you're off topic
hightor

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:42 am
@lisa1471,
Assuming it wasn't done spitefully it's perfectly acceptable. I can't see any reason to shove my friend out of his seat so that a woman can sit there — talk about sexism! Back where I grew up we called two men in the front seat "Italian Style" and when two women had the front seat it was called "Jewish Style".
chai2

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:55 am
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

huh.. you're off topic

No, I'm exactly on topic.
0 Replies

lisa1471

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:58 am
@hightor,
Fair enough
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 09:46 am
For those who don't know, there's a block feature on this site. Just click on a username. This takes you to their profile page. Just below the avatar, just click on Ignore User and you're done.
lisa1471

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 10:02 am
@jespah,
yes already know and users already blocked but thanks
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:22 am
@lisa1471,
No she's not. You should be able to take a gentle and humorous hint.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:22 am
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

huh.. you're off topic

No. She's not. She's literally correct in her post. We're safe to assume you don't live in Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia. Are you Mormon? Are you afraid for the sensibilities of a man sitting next to a single woman (which he isn't a brother or a father or a current partner)?

In the 21st century US? This isn't even a marginal sex scandal. Weird you think it maybe one.
http://www.sondrakistan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/clutching-pearls.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:56 am
@lisa1471,
So not content with moaning about your own relationship you're now looking for problems in other people's.

You ask if things are normal a lot. Have you been stuck in a convent or something for ten years. Normal is as normal does, what one person finds normal, someone else might find pretty strange.

The point is your friend didn't seem that bothered so why are you? Chai is right, you keep looking for problems that aren't there.

Take a break, life's difficult enough as it is without manufacturing any more grief.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 02:57 pm
@lisa1471,
If she had been in the front seat it might have been too crowded with all 3 of them (4 if it was that mike/mika person) and then she couldn't have texted you and you would be asking if it was normal for a cousin not to text when she is in a car with 2 guys.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 04:53 pm
@lisa1471,
Yes why shouldn't she?

Maybe she preferred to sit in the back? Maybe the guy friend was taller whereas sitting in the front would be more comfortable for him? Maybe the two guys had something important to discuss?

I have often sat in the backseat when my husband is driving while someone else sits in the front - most often it is for the comfort of the other person.

As long as those in the car are happy with the seating arrangement, who else cares?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 04:54 pm
@lisa1471,
lisa1471 wrote:

huh.. you're off topic

Actually she is right on topic - I can if needed explain what she is getting at - there is NO issue -- you are making this an issue where this none.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 08:09 am
Do you like get points for posts on A2K or something?
I hear in China you get a social score, that just blows my mind.
I thought Murica would get there first.
Or am I out of the loop already.
0 Replies