Im confused sombody please help

igotaq

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:12 am
Ok last week me and my girlfriend were in my room and, well i wont go into the details, but anyway i didn't want to push her into anything so i asked her " do you want to do this " this was clearly understood so i know she didn't misunderstand. But she replied "i don't care" i didn't say any thing and we just ended up cuddling but i am totaly confused dose she want to or not i have asked several times and she just says the same thing. I have also noticed condoms in her purse. ass you can probable see i need help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,563 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:34 am
"I don't care" often means I'm not really sure about whether I do or not and i don't want to have to make the decision

If you don't mind me asking is she ... experienced? I'm not asking if she's a virgin but hte "I don't care" response tends to be far more common in people who are in their first relationship and aren't really sure where it's all heading

She may well want to on the spur of the moment but not be sure if she will in the morning sort of thing... like hormones vs head
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:54 am
Yeah, what Bekaboo said sounds about right.

But condoms in the purse usually means game time.

Sounds like the apprehension of an inexperienced person?
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
Carrying condoms could mean any number of things

- If you're both over age then she could just carry them as a sensible thing to do. I know plenty of people who were carrying before they had sex just incase the moment came upon them or they got drunk and took things too far - not only people in relationships either
- It could mean that she's ready to fool around a bit... but if she's not on BC then it's sensible to start using condoms a long time before penetration
- It could mean she's actually ready to sleep with you... i'm just saying don't assume that
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:33 pm
Maybe she uses them in her job as a balloon clown?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:39 pm
I'd bet any money the "I don't care" means "I don't know"

How many does "several" mean when you say you've asked her again?

Back off and let her bring it up.

PS - Don't EVER look in a woman's purse. EVER!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 02:44 pm
Yeah condoms could mean, "I want to have sex," or "I'm secretly a sex-ed teacher about to give a demonstration on a banana for high school juniors."

Myriad possibilities.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 02:46 pm
Gargamel wrote:
"I'm secretly a sex-ed teacher about to give a demonstration on a banana for high school juniors."

I volunteered for that job (the banana, that is).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 02:51 pm
If you can't say "I asked her if she wanted to have sex" to us then you just aren't ready to do it. If you can't talk about it with her, then you just shouldn't do it. Point being, if it's something you can't discuss beause it's "too embarrassing" or she just shrugs and says "I don't care" then you are too young to be having sex.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Yeah condoms could mean, "I want to have sex," or "I'm secretly a sex-ed teacher about to give a demonstration on a banana for high school juniors."

Myriad possibilities.

Or, it could mean "I'm carrying these around so other people will believe I've had sex"

Many young people carry around all kinds of crap so they'll look cool.

I guess there's never been a virgin, inexperienced boy walking around with a condom in his pocket, in his heart having no real intention of using it soon, but, you know, you've got to have it so the guys will think you're a stallion.
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:43 am
ok bekaboo shes had lots of relation ships and we fell comferatable talking about it only one of her relations was sexual and that seems like an on the moment situation the way i undestood it.
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:46 am
ok bekaboo shes had lots of relation ships and we fell comfortable talking about it only one of her relations was sexual and that seems like an on the moment situation the way i undertood it.
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:47 am
ok bekaboo shes had lots of relation ships and we fell comferatable talking about it only one of her relations was sexual and that seems like an on the moment situation the way i undestood it.
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:50 am
Chai Tea
when i said a severail i ment 2-3 time only when these sitiuations came up
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:52 am
Bella Dea
i siad it that way because it is exsactaily what i said then i wanted the best help so i gave the same situation
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:51 am
Ok well obviously I understand why you didn't tell us what happened in the bedroom: that's between you and her. But it makes it slightly harder to offer advice if we don't know whether you were asking her if she wanted to sleep with you (i hope not from what you've said) or something less earth-moving

Trust us on this one. Having sex on a spur of the moment idea, no matter how common an idea is not a good one. If you're just talking about fooling around then by all means don't worry too much. But the key thing is you really need to talk - as long as she's saying she doesn't know or she doesn't care then the two of you aren't ready to do whatever you're trying to do.

There's a chance that she's just shy about talking about it... but communication is really important in situations like this. Sex is a magnifying glass: if you guys are best friends to start with then you'll get closer. If you're both a bit uncertain about what you wnat and what the other one wants then sleeping together or even just fooling around will move you further apart.

Sit her down, at a point when you're both sane and sober and not horny and ask to talk. Ask what she's comfortable with, and why she won't give you a straight answer
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:30 am
Bekaboo wrote:
Sit her down, at a point when you're both sane and sober and not horny and ask to talk. Ask what she's comfortable with, and why she won't give you a straight answer

ABSOLUTELY!

If she's not ready to give you a straight answer, take that as a "no." She's not really ready.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:01 pm
Well, there's definitely never been an inexperienced GUY walking around with a condom who doesn't WANT to use it. That's for damn sure.

And who would this girl be trying to impress with condoms in her purse, her boyfriend?

No, it's not impossible. Nor is it that important I suppose.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:14 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Well, there's definitely never been an inexperienced GUY walking around with a condom who doesn't WANT to use it. That's for damn sure.

Oh I beg to differ!!

And igotaq... i know that we may sound very old telling you that you guys need to talk. When I was with my first serious boyfriend I just didn't understand how on earth i was supposed to have that sort of conversation. Then when i was with my ex, who i was very very close to we just sort of... did. I suddenly realised that here we were discussing exactly the things we'd been told to... it was weird but cool
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 11:08 am
You mean to tell me that having a condom in your pocket means that you DON'T want to have sex?
0 Replies