7

Obama - an early on assessment of his place in history

Lash

0  
Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:50 am
I remember the only thing I didn’t like about Obama initially was that he began dodging votes in the senate, so no one could hold his votes against him in the election. I thought it was dishonest and showed a lack of character.

I really disliked McCain, though, so I didn’t vote. I considered it a wash. I sorta took a powder from voting in presidential elections while Obama was in office, but I showed up to vote against Republican senators and congressmen.

I was glad there was a black president — for my students— but that’s not a good reason to vote.

In retrospect, he got away with a lot of crap because the media covered for him.

I remember ‘hope’ was his big thing. What were people supposed to be hoping for?
RABEL222

2  
Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:04 pm
@Lash,
That he would reverse Bushes screwed up policies, which he did. And the last 6 years with a congress that tried to thwart him at every turn. Anti American republicans most of whom are still in office.

McGentrix

-1  
Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:23 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Trump.
Lash

0  
Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:49 pm
@McGentrix,
Very funny.😏
Region Philbis

2  
Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 04:14 pm
@Lash,

too bad Trump turned out to be the Great White Dope...
Lash

1  
Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 06:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
Trump wasn’t a hope, I don’t think, white, great or otherwise. Just another dildo place-holding for a statesman.

Vote Bernie. Vote often.
Region Philbis

2  
Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 02:00 am
@Lash,
Vote often.
how many times are you hoping to vote?

me, just the once.

hopefully we get it right this time...

revelette1

1  
Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 07:46 am
@edgarblythe,
But I get your meaning. I think the biggest negative about using it, it causes some of his ardent supporters to reject the piece unread.

True.

1  
Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:07 am
@revelette1,
But they are missing a must-read article, in my view.