Tomorrow, June 3rd is national Donut Day

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:54 pm
In honor of national donut day, Krispy Kreme is offering free donuts! Go get yours!

Don't believe me just see: http://www.krispykreme.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 6,221 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:54 pm
WHOO HOO!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:06 pm
Focus. Focus. You can resist this temptation.

There are no doughnuts.
There are no doughnuts.
There are <munch> mo <munch> o-uts.<smack>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:06 pm
Canada will be off tomorrow, except for the donut shops.

Krispy Kreme sucks, tastes like sweet lard
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:19 pm
farmerman wrote:
...Krispy Kreme sucks, tastes like sweet lard

The best of both worlds.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:43 pm
Me no like Krispy Kreme either... blech!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:56 pm
June 3, 2005 - An unprecedented crime wave struck the United States today as police failed to respond to calls.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:13 pm
Sheesh, now the cat's outta the bag . . . we'll have a wave of illegal immigration from Canada that will make the Latin Americans look like pikers . . .
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:17 pm
<Evil laughter...>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:26 pm
Krispy Kreme hasn't been doing well in Canada. They've already closed a couple of the shops they opened to great fanfare a couple of years ago.

A drier, less sugar-gunky donut seems to be preferred here.

Now, if Tim Horton's was giving away donuts, they'd pretty much shut down the country.

Or Robin's. Robin's Donuts in the 1970's and 80's were real donuts.

<sigh>
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:26 pm
Wait, what?

Krispy Kreme are the best donuts ever... too bad there's not an official participant in my city.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:33 pm
Aren't you close to the border, Joe?

You can have my share of the Krispy Kremes, tell 'em to give me a call, i'll verify it . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:35 pm
You can have mine too, Joe.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:36 pm
Krispy Kreme stocks have been taking a beating; don't know how much longer they will survive.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:46 pm
Yes, I'm close to the border.. but I won't stand in line for more than one hour for one donut.

Thanks Setanta and ehBeth, will tell them to send the donuts via DHL.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:32 pm
START EATING YOUR DONUTS, THAT'S AN ORDER !

(from CBS news december 2004)

Sticky Situation For Krispy Kreme
RALEIGH, N.C., Dec. 16, 2004

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. missed another deadline Wednesday for a regular quarterly filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the company announced.

The SEC had granted the troubled company an additional five days to file the required 10-Q report after it missed the original Friday deadline.

But in a statement issued Wednesday after the close of business the company said it needed more time to analyze certain "franchise matters." The company said the delay is primarily due to the consolidation KremeKo, Inc., which develops stores in Canada for the Winston-Salem-based chain. The analysis isn't expected to have a "material impact" on net loss for the quarter, the statement said.

Krispy Kreme owns 34 percent of KremeKo, which announced Monday it will close three stores in Ontario, reducing the number of stores there from nine to six.

Krispy Kreme's fiscal third quarter ended Oct. 31; companies are required to file quarterly 10-Q reports no later than 40 days after the quarter's end.

A Krispy Kreme spokeswoman did not immediately return a telephone message left Wednesday seeking comment.

Krispy Kreme's stock closed Wednesday at $10.63, up 60 cents, or 6 percent, on the New York Stock Exchange.

The once-high flying company last month posted a $3 million third-quarter loss, its second losing quarter of 2004. Shares of the company are now trading at less than a quarter of their 52-week high.

Another source of concern is an ongoing SEC investigation that the company has said is looking into franchise buybacks and its future earnings outlooks.

Krispy Kreme said previously that it incurred about $3 million in fees during the third quarter from the SEC probe and related matters, and expects more such expenses going forward. The company also has said it has set aside $2 million to deal with potential expenses related to accounting issues involving two franchisees.

Krispy Kreme has closed a number of stores since May. The company also said it would close a $4.6 million doughnut plant in northeast Ohio due to oversupply problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------
this sounds like the enron of the donut business
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:38 pm
Setanta really isn't eating his share.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:42 pm
Set must get his children to eat Krispy Kreme donuts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:45 pm
Shocked

Did Set forget to tell me something?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:59 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Shocked

Did Set forget to tell me something?

Only a minor slip! Take no notice - just a small adjustment to reality needed!

Think nothing of it!

Krispy Kreme - yech!!!
0 Replies