Tomorrow, June 3rd is national Donut Day

roverroad

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 06:37 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'll take dunk'in over krispy any time. Smile As a matter of fact, I wouldn't eat a krispy - even if they were free.

I like Dunkin better too. But they don't seem to have them here in Boise. They have them all over Portland! But since I work nights and Krispy Kreme is open 24 hours it's pretty much my only option.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 10:41 am
tomorrow ...
someone has not be eating enough donuts !
a.t the latest business news :

... KRISPY KREME FIRES EXECUTIVES...

i wonder if their retierement benefits will consist of a box of donuts every month ? hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 10:46 am
A box of donuts every month will shorten their lives. LOL
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:27 pm
Which, in turn, will reduce the total amount of retirement benefits the company has to pay them.

A win-win situation if I ever saw it! (I love donuts.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 01:13 pm
GM should consider restructuring their pension plan to the donut plan.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 01:15 pm
Too bad Krispy Kreme always served my coffee lukewarm. I'm assuming another old lady poured blazing hot coffee on her crotch and won a huge lawsuit (remember that lady who hustled McDonald's?)

I am a big fan of the "Blueberry Cake" doughnut.

I do like Dunkin' the best, though. They put a mound of sugar at the bottom of your coffee, it's like crack to me. The best was this Indian fellow who used to work at a Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins near my exgirlfriend's house. He would hook us up with an extra donut or an extra scoop every time. And he would never say anything, he would just have this huge grin on his face, like, "This is our little secret."

Little things like that are the best.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 01:22 pm
I bet your ex-gf never told you about her late night indiscretions with Padma Ramalamadingdong.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 01:40 pm
"Hey, honey. I have longjohn for you. Yes you can nibble on my cruller all night long. Tank you veddy much."

Nnnnnooooooooooo! Not Ramesh!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:13 pm
c.i. : one lonely box of donuts a month isn't going to shorten your life much.
i always try to remember jackie gleason and his lifestyle ... maybe he could have lived a few years longer if only ... but he lived it to the fullest.
i'll never forget his : "and away we go ! " and "that is goood coffee ! ".
on a caribbean cruise some years ago we shared a table with a couple; the fellow looked and behaved just like jackie in his best days - full of jokes and jolly at all times . i had not caught his name when we first met; later i found out that jackie gleason was his cousin and he told us a lot about jackie.
and away we go ! hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 06:28 pm
hbg, Just a little levity on those donuts. I eat donuts once in awhile too, and allow myself a steak, potato chips, even hamburgers and soda pop. Most of the time our diet is pretty healthy, but when I travel - especially on cruises - I eat bacon and eggs almost every morning for breakfast. Something I rarely do at home. On cruises, you can't help but eat those rich desserts. Smile
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:41 pm
c.i. : i hope you are eating omega 3 eggs. we have used them for 2 or 3 years already. i read in a newspaper article recently that eating omega 3 eggs plus fish oil actually does result in a reduction of "bad" blood cholesterol. ... and don't forget a tablespoonful or two of toasted linseed every morning with your cereal - it tastes good and is good for your heart - just make sure you don't "overtoast" the linseed or it'll taste like linoleum( not that i have ever eaten linoleum ! but it sure has the smell ! ).
KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY ! hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:12 pm
Never heard of "omega 3 eggs." What are they, and where can we buy them?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
Produced by altering the diet of egg producing hens:

http://www.egginnovations.com/omega_3.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:59 pm
Omega 3 eggs. The only eggs to eat.

<nods vehemently>
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:10 pm
What the heck! This was supposed to be about donuts - something terrible for your body. Who the devil changed it to a healthy thread?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:25 pm
Eggs can be terrible for your body too! That's the reason why the heart association recommends we eat eggs only three times a week. Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:27 pm
Yes but when you eat a half dozen at a sitting, is that still OK?

Sorry, been spending too much time in the "insult game" thread. Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:27 pm
cjh, You mean this is 'abnormal' for you? LOL
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:54 pm
tomorrow ...
c.i. : if you google for "omega 3 eggs" you'll get plenty of information on these healthier eggs. as i mentioned in my earlier entry, there are now scientific/medical studies that suggest that a diet containing omega 3 eggs and other foods containing the right kind of fats, will actually reduce the chances of deveeloping a bad ticker.
remember, if you use flax seed, make sure the seeds are "crushed" so that the digestive tract can pick up the "good" fat - if you eat the seeds whole, they'll go right through your digestive tract ! ...what a lovely subject we have here...
i have also seen cheese products containing omega 3 oils ... if we eat enough of the omega 3 products, someone will eventually have to hit us over the head to "dispatch" us ; isn't that a lovely thought ?
GET CRACKING ! hbg

...FLAX SEED AND OMEGA 3 EGGS...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:00 pm
hbg, Saw whole fields of flax in Germany which they also use to produce diesel. Makes you wonder how flax can produce omega 3 for our body and also produce fuel. Wink I already looked up where they sell omega 3 eggs, and it seems the only market that sells them here in Northern California is Whole Foods. My wife likes Whole Foods market, so I'll look for them the next time we're out that way.
0 Replies