Hijack by ABI Network

psyduckinpain

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 08:22 pm
timber's method works
although it looks really complicated, timber's method is not that hard to follow if you are careful, and it definitely works. i'm the only one i know out here that cleared up the aurora yuckware (and a bunch of other junk i didn't know i had). i've passed the word along. thank you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 08:37 pm
pdip, Glad it worked out easily for you. Stay clean! Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 08:49 pm
and, besides, welcome to a2k... we're a complex forum, check it out.
0 Replies

sapo

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 11:27 am
ABI Hell
Hi everyone,

I am real bad at this stuff so can someone point me in the right direction?
Been looking through this forum and haven't found the simple way to get rid of ABI
Can someone do a step by step explanation on what to do,or point out where in the forum there might be this silver bullet explanation.

Thanks and happy 4th.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 11:46 am
sapo, Welcome to a2k. timber has a step-by-step instruction in the Computer Forum that will rid your computer of the ABI worm. Print out a hard copy and follow the instruction to the letter. It's the only safest way to rid your computer of ABI.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 02:48 pm
Re: ABI Hell
sapo wrote:
Been looking through this forum and haven't found the simple way to get rid of ABI
Can someone do a step by step explanation on what to do,or point out where in the forum there might be this silver bullet explanation.

Thanks and happy 4th.

There isn't a reliable, simple way, I'm afraid. However, it can be done, provided you're willing to put some effort into helping yourself solve the problem, and preventing future problems.

If you're willing to do a little work, start with THIS TOPIC. As mentioned there, make sure you understand what to do and how to do it before you begin. When you're ready, start your own Help Request topic here in the Computers Forum, and somebody will be there to help you out before very long. Be patient, though; few folks here are qualified to handle these problems, and its all done on a volunteer, available-time basis.
0 Replies

tallrobert

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:49 am
Thanks from Toronto ABI Network for all the info posted
Hello,

I don't have much time to participate in forums as I have a busy job normally, which has been made even more busy and frustrating by the Direct Revenue people and the aurora popups.

I'm the guy that posted some time ago who works for the Toronto ABI Network, that is Toronto Acquired Brain Injury Network. I feel like our company name has been hijacked by this piece of dogcrap brought to the world by Direct Revenue.

I have directed a number of people this way which is why there may be more new people on this forum, as I have read. It is also an easy find via Google search which is how I came across it.

I'm not really able to follow the explicit details that have been posted by many but I am grateful that there are real people out in the world who try to help one another instead of making life impossible.

One guy responded to me to ask where he could send his bill. Obviously he still has not learned that the Toronto ABI Network is an innocent victim in this. And me too. The longer this continues the more I think it's time for me to find a new job. All I want to do is the job I was doing before. I used to like it. I have been here almost ten years.

So I just wanted to vent, and really to say a heartfelt thank you to those of you who have posted some useful info.

Robert Jessop
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
Robert Jessop, One of the many benefits available on a2k is the level of skill in many specialities. It's a place where one can meet many interesting people, have fun, and get some education - all for free. We even have Toronto members, and the participants are literally world-wide. Wink
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:27 am
tallrobert, thanks for the kind words, and please, don't be a stranger. Glad we've been able to help you some, and there's always somebody here ready to try to do whatever you might need in this regard. Just let us know.
0 Replies

tallrobert

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:44 am
thanks
Thanks timber and c.i. for the feedback and the opportunity to vent a little. FYI, I haven't tried to follow the instructions posted because I don't actually have the aurora popups happening on my system. I'm just blamed for them. But hey, at least this time I can't say "it's not me" in all sincerity.

Have a great weekend. Robert
0 Replies

friendlytaipan

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:04 pm
ABI Aurora Pop Up
I have tried pop up killers and adware removal and everything to rid my machine of aurora advertising. Well, I found a hyperlink posted by ABI network that might help. Let me know if it works.
http://www.mypctuneup.com/evaluate.php
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 05:37 pm
Just a friendly warning. mypictuneup was developed by the same people that invaded your computerr in the first place. Trust them? I don't think so.
0 Replies

khudfly

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
ABI Phone number and Location
Aurora-ABI Network is located in NY and the phone number is 646-613-0376.
CALL THEM and yell loudly please. They are the same people who make the software MyPCTuneUp that is supposed to remove the software that they put on your computer to start with.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:33 am
Report them to your congressman/woman to let them know these idiots do not have the right to hijack your computer.
0 Replies

autumn

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 09:34 am
ABI AND AURORA...IMPORTANT
PLEASE..DO NOT..I REAPEAT. DO NOT USE MYPCTUNEUP TO TRY TO RID YOUR COMPUTER OF AURORA OR ABI.....THIS IS FROM ABI NETWORK AND IT ONLY FURTHERS YOUR PROBLEM..
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 09:38 am
It's not the only nasty one out there:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56419&highlight=
0 Replies

tpaqt

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:37 am
bastids
I just left a nice message on those bastids phone in NYC, I suggest you do the same. Next time I fly up there...

I'm gonna try to use the step by step instructions mentioned just above even though i'm not very experienced here... tried EVERY spyware tool, nothing worked thus far.

PS i know for SURE where I got it - watching internet cartoons on Newgrounds.com. Beware!
0 Replies

tpaqt

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:42 am
Help Timber?
Hey, I tried to get the instructions from Timber but it says the topic was removed. How do I now get this thing off of my computer? Help??
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 11:06 am
I didn't have any trouble finding it:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54757
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 01:27 pm
tpaqt, Just don't open any attachments you don't know the sender. Even friends and family can send spayware/adware without knowing it. so just be careful on what you open. We have sbcglobal as our ISP, and it clears all attachments or warns us any attachment that can't be scanned. I always delete those - even if they are from friends or family.
0 Replies