Hijack by ABI Network

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:24 am
frmdablock, Welcome to a2k. What's so annoying about this virus is the fact that a Search will not find ABI Network or Aurora to delete it. I hope somebody finds this jerk and throw him in prison for the rest of his life. That's how angry I am.
0 Replies

larseda

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:45 am
ABI Network will fry
Dear Internet Community:

ABI Network stands for A Better Internet (yeah right) and it's spyware. I tried removing it from my computer, but apparently has many other attachments and it kept regenerating itself. So I decided to go to Microsoft for help and they have a beta version of anti Spyware. I followed their instructions, and installed it.

When I ran it, 8 programs were detected (including ABI Network) and finally eliminated. So far, no more pop ups are coming up, and blocking activity is displayed at the bottom of my screen. If you have Microsoft Windows, go to their web site and look for these security enhancements.

Let's kill this monster!!!
larseda
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:59 pm
The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta (Win XP Only) are valuable and quite useful. Neither, however, will reliably remove ABetterInternet/ABI/Aurora - type transponders.

First thing to do is to generate, save, and post a HiJackThis log, so the gurus here can look it over. Don't tack your log onto someone else's thread; start a new topic with your own log. Before doing anything else, see THIS TOPIC, and carefully follow all instructions there.
0 Replies

NeedHelpNow1

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:53 pm
HIJACKED BY ABI Network....
ABI Network is a part of Direct Revenue. Go to www.direct-revenue.com and an address and phone number(voice mail is listed). I used McAfee and found that even McAfee can't delete this! The file info I have is as followed:rundll32.exe. How do I get rid of this damn thing?!@@#$%$#!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:57 pm
NeedHelpNow, Welcome to a2k. Annoying virus that is hard to delete from our computer. Like I said earlier in this thread, I hope they throw this jerk in prison and throw the keys away. That'll be too good a treatment for this scum.
0 Replies

ariakis

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
Adware Away worked
I spent the last 2 days doing almost nothing but trying to get rid of this stupid popup and finally tried Aware Away and just like that it's gone. I'm new to this site and glad I found it. Thanks!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:16 am
ariakis, Welcome to a2k. Please post the link for "Aware Away" on this thread in the event others may wish to use it. Thanks, c.i.
0 Replies

redbadgered

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:17 am
regedit...find abi network...delete the whole thing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:20 am
redbage, Welcome to a2k. However, your cryptic message is hard to understand.
0 Replies

redbadgered

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:43 am
sorry...one of my users who was using adaware was still getting the popups...i found the abi network in his program files and like so many of you i couldn't uninstall it (bastards) so looked you folks up. Saw that it was an apparently widespread problem.

i ran regedit...typed abi network in the find function and deleted the abi folder. A search of the various words used in the abi notice when you try to uninstall it in add/remove programs should enable you to target the registry files that need to be deleted.

hope that helps
0 Replies

ibrachels

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
I removed Aurora-ABI Network
Very Happy I did it (so it seems)! I found a website called broadbandreports.com and it gave me a link to www.mypctuneup.com where you can download a free tool to remove aurora and all the other stuff. I followed the instructions and so far I have had no pop-ups. Maybe it is finally gone!?!
0 Replies

rejuve

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:23 pm
ABI Network
Very Happy Hey ibrachels. You are Fabulous!!!!! It worked . I did the uninstall and I haven't had any pop-ups as of right now.
Thanks a million!!!!!!!!111111111
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:33 pm
Surprise surprise, the uninstaller was created by the very folks who brought you the crapware to begin with. Thanks a million.
0 Replies

ariakis

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 04:57 pm
Never mind ... it's back...and now Adware Away is telling me Aurora is not present. Argh. Next...

As to regedit I've tried deleting and searching for every name variation there is and even editing values to mess up it's function but no luck. It recreates itself.
0 Replies

ibrachels

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 05:03 pm
ariakis check out www.mypctuneup.com and you can download the uninstall program and be rid of it for good (and for free).
0 Replies

Perno

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 08:50 pm
Maybe this company is responsible for Aurora - ABI Network
cicerone imposter wrote:
husker, It seems Toronto ABI Network can't provide a cleaner for this worm to uninstall. This guy, tallrobert, better find out who's running this virus and sue their azz for trademark infringement.

A quick search on Google News for "aurora adware" brought up an article from the Boston Globe. The article claims a company called Direct Revenue, based in New York, is responsible for it. The website the article is on requires you to register to view the article after you view it once I think.

Anyways, I found the phone # for direct revenue by going to the Yahoo yellow pages, changing my location to New York, NY, and looking for Direct Revenue. They come up on 107 Grand St. The only reason I'm not putting any of the info in this post is because it looks like it might get deleted? I don't know, I just hatched. Let me know if you have any questions via email since I don't know how I'm going to get back to this thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:12 pm
Perno, There are no rules on a2k that doesn't allow for information just as long as you are not promoting your own business. Welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

Perno

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:36 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Perno, There are no rules on a2k that doesn't allow for information just as long as you are not promoting your own business. Welcome to a2k.

Cool beans, thanks. Ok, here is the company's information that is responsible for the ABI Network, according to a couple sources:

Direct Revenue LLC
107 Grand St, New York, NY 10013
Phone: (646) 613-0376

Another note, I just installed and ran the "Mypctuneup.com" tool, and I haven't seen an Aurora popup since I've restarted my computer. I'll post again if something happens.

Has anyone figured out where this is suddenly coming from? I have a peer to peer network on my computer, but I've had it for a while and nothing happened until recently.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 10:01 pm
Do you remember opening any links in any email you received?
0 Replies

drpmeade

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 08:19 am
Hijack by ABI Network
Perno wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Cool beans, thanks. Ok, here is the company's information that is responsible for the ABI Network, according to a couple sources:

Direct Revenue LLC
107 Grand St, New York, NY 10013
Phone: (646) 613-0376

Another note, I just installed and ran the "Mypctuneup.com" tool, and I haven't seen an Aurora popup since I've restarted my computer. I'll post again if something happens.

Has anyone figured out where this is suddenly coming from? I have a peer to peer network on my computer, but I've had it for a while and nothing happened until recently.

Appreciate all advice on this thread. I also ran the "Mypctuneup.com" download and it seems to have fixed the problem. I believe I know when I aquired the virus. I have been using Mozilla's Firefox to access the Internet, however some sites do not display properly. When I accessed one such site recently using the Firefox "view this site in IE" The Microsoft antispyware I have installed gave a popup indicating that an unknown risk program was trying to access my computer. I thought was from the site I was visiting ( A commercial clinical laboratory we send specimens to for testing) so I allowed the file to access the computer. Immediately thereafter. It seems that the Microsoft Antispyware saw the threat coming but once installed can do little about it.
I plan on following these postings. I hope some of our people in Congress get infected with this thing. Thats about the only thing besides a lawsuit that will get rid of this problem
0 Replies