Sen. Clinton Allegedly Intimidated Husband's Sexual Accusers

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 03:39 pm
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=96981&Disp=28#C28

(CNSNews.com) - A new book detailing the alleged sexual improprieties of former president Bill Clinton also charges that current U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton played a major role in threatening and intimidating her husband's accusers.

Candice E. Jackson, author of "Their Lives: The Women Targeted by the Clinton Machine," told Cybercast News Service that in addition to the "sexual abuse" she alleges was committed by Bill Clinton, "Hillary's involvement is just as devastating and just as important in all this."

"[Hillary Clinton] was right there in the inner circle taking a lead in giving these women zero credibility, in attacking them in the public and through the press and in participating in all of these scare tactics, like hiring private investigators to threaten them and follow them," Jackson explained.

Hillary Clinton is "either as misogynistic as her husband or she is simply willing to conspire to mistreat women if that's what it takes to preserve their political careers," Jackson added.

She said the former president's behavior toward numerous women "demonstrated sexual harassment and sexual abuse and ultimately misogyny on his part.

Jackson said Bill Clinton was guilty of "a true lack of respect of for women that allowed him to use and abuse them and throw them away when he was done and do whatever it took to keep them quiet if they tried to speak up about it."

Jackson is an attorney and formerly worked for the legal watchdog group Judicial Watch, which has filed numerous lawsuits over the last decade targeting both Bill and Hillary Clinton for their alleged roles in various controversies.

Jackson's book details how Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey, both accusers of Bill Clinton, dealt with the White House spin machine as it allegedly attempted to discredit, bribe, audit, threaten and intimidate them.

"The gravity, the seriousness of the mistreatment that they suffered, really just didn't come through in the mainstream press at the time," Jackson said. Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign and subsequent two terms in office were surrounded by a host of different women alleging sexual improprieties.

Broaddrick alleged that then-Arkansas attorney general Bill Clinton raped her in a hotel in Little Rock, Ark., in 1978.

"People need to remember this side of Clinton before writing him up as a hero for women." said Broaddrick in a press release regarding the book "Their Lives," which goes on sale Tuesday.

Willey alleged she was sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton in the White House in 1993 during his first term.

"I appreciate [Jackson's] painstaking attempt to express the true nightmare Bill and Hillary put me through." Willey said of the book in a statement.

Jackson admits that one of her goals it to prevent Sen. Hillary Clinton from being elected president in 2008. Mrs. Clinton to expected to run for re-election to the Senate representing New York State in 2006 and then perhaps launch a Democratic bid to win the White House that her husband occupied between 1993 and 2001.

"We have let the Clintons go to the White House once and I think this is a serious enough abuse issue to prevent them from going there again," Jackson said.

Jackson, who describes herself as a "libertarian feminist," hopes her book will open the eyes of feminists in the U.S. to the "importance of not allowing the Clintons to escape with a reputation for being pro-woman when they have truly destroyed women along the way.

"The Clintons have really gotten away with a political reputation of being defenders of women's rights and women's issues," Jackson said. "To me that really says a lot about the state of feminism in this country. It seems like it doesn't even matter whether women are brutally mistreated as long as politicians support abortion rights," she added.

Calls to the New York City press office of former president Bill Clinton and the Washington office of Sen. Hillary Clinton were not returned.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,349 • Replies: 41
No top replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 03:58 pm
Put this one in your favorites...
McG's favorite.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 03:58 pm
libertypoat. org huh? Say, what creedence would you give an anti bush article if I pasted it on from move on org? Get real,
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 04:04 pm
The timing of this book is as stupid as its premise. To do try to do some damage, they should've waited until Hillary was running for President.

Brilliant strategy...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 04:36 pm
Didn't anyone tell Hillary that she just needed to use a good bitchslap?

<shrug>
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 04:37 pm
Ho hum......
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 05:17 pm
here's another one for someone's favorites bar... Shocked

john's journal

according to "john", nobody is much good. least of all "demokkkRats". the guy must be a real scream to hang out with...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 05:21 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
libertypoat. org huh? Say, what creedence would you give an anti bush article if I pasted it on from move on org? Get real,

That would probably depend on who originally wrote the article being hosted on moveon.org, don't you think?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 05:26 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

That would probably depend on who originally wrote the article being hosted on moveon.org, don't you think?

No I don't.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:06 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

No I don't.

"The reason critics like Elvis Costello better than Van Halen is because critics look like Elvis Costello" -David Lee Roth

i'd forgotten about this one. ahhh, the good ol' days... :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:14 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Didn't anyone tell Hillary that she just needed to use a good bitchslap?

<shrug>

That's what I'm talking about! Just like her husband was ripped for lying to his wife (and everyone else) about some little chippy working in the office, now she's being ripped because she threatened some bitches for pushing up on her man. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:28 pm
Hillary Clinton is personally responsible for at least two or three dozen women being sexually assaulted and/or raped. She knew early on that in Slick she had a guy who was massively photogenic, a brilliant speaker with a photographic memory and clearly presidential material IF she could keep the lid down on the little problems, and there has been a lid committee in place from then to now comprised of Terry Lenzner and one or two other PI organizations whose task has been to bribe and/or intimidate all those women into silence. It invariably worked, up to the Juanita Broaddrick accusation, because in every particular case it was just one woman with no real resources up against some sort of a thing with the full resources of one of the states or the United States behind it. Moreover, for something like that to have been in place all that time there is only one person on the planet who could have been in charge of it, i.e. Hillary Clinton.

I mean, You can watch the H. Clinton story occasionally on Friday and Saturday nights on the Grade B movie channel. The most common version shows some old crazy woman living in a cabin out in the swamp in the Louisiana bayous with two grown sons; the grown sons go out and rape and pillage at night and then the poor old crazy woman has to try to cover for them. Substitute Slick for the two sons and that's basically the H. Clinton story.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:59 pm
Well, I've always noted Bill to be the best republican president of the 20th century and now I can add Hillary to be the best republican president of the 21st century (she apparently has all the skills necessary to be a model republican). She has the potential to beat out Nixon
Chrissee

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:00 pm
Why do people waste valuable bandwidth posting these freeper fantasies?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:13 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Why do people waste valuable bandwidth posting these freeper fantasies?

because ya have to wait 15-20 minutes between "events".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:15 pm
Usually just cause I'm bored.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:20 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Moreover, for something like that to have been in place all that time there is only one person on the planet who could have been in charge of it, i.e. Hillary Clinton.

Gotta love it when a woman is that powerful.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 03:49 am
Why is everyone so interested in Clinton's sex life? Even five years after the end of his presidency, when there is no possibility of him ever leading the US again, people are still dragging this stuff up and putting it out.

Your depiction of the women involved as powerless victims is insulting and mysoginistic in itself. Bill Clinton never forcibly raped any of them and if their expectations were different than his - whose fault is that? They chose to engage in sex with a man they knew was married and powerful and needed to protect his public image. Why is anyone surprised that he proceeded to do just that, or that Hilary helped him in that effort?
Bill Clinton obviously was a charming, intelligent, witty man who loved sex. While this is not the kind of man I would want to be married to (although I have to admit, I found him attractive myself for the reasons listed above) Hilary obviously found it in her best interests to stay married to him. Whose business is it except their own? How is it mysognistic to protect your image and your best interests? I'm not saying it's particularly ethical or moral, but it's not mysoginistic. He would have done the same thing if his conquests were male, as would have Hilary. This has nothing to do with hatred of women-what will they be accused of next, I wonder.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:10 am
aidan wrote:
Why is everyone so interested in Clinton's sex life? Even five years after the end of his presidency, when there is no possibility of him ever leading the US again, people are still dragging this stuff up and putting it out.

Your depiction of the women involved as powerless victims is insulting and mysoginistic in itself. Bill Clinton never forcibly raped any of them

That's demonstrably wrong. The point at which I started believing this stuff was when I read that interview with Elizabeth Ward Gracen in the Toronto Sun in which the Canadian reporter referred to Slick as "Pig Boy American President Bill Clinton". A lot of the details were nearly the same or the same as in the Broaddrick case. Gracen still claims it was a one-night stand which rated a zero on a scale of one to ten while her friends who saw her that night insist she was raped. She started getting good acting parts at that time.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:17 am
http://www.bannerofliberty.com/OS3-99MQC/3-12-1999.1.html

Investor's Business Daily - Women's Charges Show A Pattern of Threats

Investor's Business Daily - http://www.investors.com/

Paul Sperry, in an article yesterday in Investor's Business Daily (http://www.investor's com) listed in one article a series of remarkable statements that have been largely ignored by the rest of the national media, but which have been available to all who listened to the Linda Tripp tapes, for example. Other statements have been published, or inferred by a number of women who were subjects of the so-called "bimbo control" from the Clinton camp.

"It's a diverse group," Sperry wrote. "Some politically active, some not. 'I hate politics,'' says one. Many are from Arkansas, but two are from the Washington area and one's from Beverly Hills. At the same time, they have a lot in common. All nine are women. And nearly all of them are former employees or campaign workers who say they at one point admired the man they worked for.

"All now say they fear him."

"A growing club of women charge that Bill Clinton personally assaulted them or, through his ''agents'' or ''people,'' threatened to do them or their families physical harm. Some are vague about the threats. Others are quite specific.

"But a pattern is clear, not to mention disturbing: One after another, women are accusing the president of being, at a minimum, a bully; at worst, a rapist. And all of them say they're afraid for their safety so long as he remains in power."

This is a theme I have tried repeatedly to get across to the public every since I spent a day listening to Linda Tripp's tape. Bear in mind, the tape was a conversation between two women, one of whom was totally infatuated with the President. In Monica Lewinsky's girl-talk on one of the tapes, in much the same voice she used in talking about trying on a dress she couldn't afford to buy, she said, "''I would not cross those people for fear of my life.'' She also said: ''My mother's big fear is that he's (Clinton's) going to send someone out to kill me.''

I was flabbergasted. Monica Lewinsky's mother was a big supporter of Bill Clinton. She contributed big checks to get him re-elected, and she was afraid that the man she strongly favored as President might kill her daughter? Why was this never a big issue, either in the media or in the impeachment? Because it was dismissed as an effort on Monica's part to get Linda Tripp to lie for her. If she could get Linda worried about her "friend's" personal safety, she would lie to the Grand Jury to save her from being hurt or killed.

Linda Tripp, who did not fall off a turnip truck yesterday, was ahead of the game. She knew that her only hope in avoiding either strong-arm tactics or being dismissed as a liar was to have irrefutable proof of Monica's extortion efforts. She started taping the conversations to protect herself. And, it certainly worked. Of course, the multi-million dollar Clinton propaganda machine did succeed in trashing Linda's name by blanketing the airwaves with accusations that Linda "betrayed a friend."

Either Monica Lewinsky and her mother were lying about their fears of Monica's personal safety or they were telling the truth. Monica was either lying to get Linda's sympathy so she would lie to the grand jury for her and Clinton, or she was telling the truth to get Linda's sympathy so Linda would lie to the grand jury. Either way - what kind of "friend" either lies or manipulates you to get you to perjure yourself, risk losing your job, your children and a possible jail term? Linda correctly identified the danger she and her family were in, realized that Monica Lewinsky was not a "friend" and, based on what she had personally observed while in the White House, took a course of action almost any mother would take who believed her home was in danger - she fought back. She didn't just let the Clinton Machine juggernaut roll over her, as most of the women in Bill Clinton's way have experienced.

Because of the courage of three American women - Linda Tripp, Paula Jones and Lucianne Goldberg, who suggested taping the phone calls to Linda Tripp - other women are not taking heart and coming forward. Who can forget Juanita Broaddrick's response to interview Lisa Myers question about not coming forward with her story for 21 years?

''I was afraid that I would be destroyed like so many of the other women,'' Broaddrick said. "I just didn't have the courage." I thought when I heard that statement that she was probably thinking of the courage it took for Paula Jones and Linda Tripp to tell the truth, and then listen to months of incredible daily attacks on their character - especially by women in the media!

While the publicity concerning Monica Lewsinsky, Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones, Gennifer Flowers, Dolly Kyle Browning, Sally Perdue, and Elizabeth Ward Gracen have tried to portray all of them as devious lying women out to destroy the President, they are all very different kinds of women.

Paul Sperry noted that "female White House staffers working close to president should also be concerned. 'Mr. Clinton is an abuser of women. And women who surround him, such as his staff at the White House, are at risk,' said Marie-Jose Ragab, head of a Virginia chapter of the National Organization for Women that broke away from the national group after writing an amicus brief in the Paula Jones case. "'Is there anyone to protect them?' she added. 'Can they report an assault safely, or will they and their families be threatened?'

"'He is a threat to women there,' agreed a lawyer for Dolly Kyle Browning, who claims Clinton aide Bruce Lindsey threatened to destroy Browning if she broke her silence about her affair with Clinton. Browning is suing Clinton and Lindsey, among others, for racketeering and defamation. The White House denies the charges."

However, Sperry listed some of the women, the charges. It is getting hard even for devoted supporters of Clinton to pretend it's all in the minds of the women. These are not "right wing extremists" making the accusations. They are accusations of "insiders" to a large degree. Yet, "many of the women's accounts are both detailed and strikingly similar" Sperry observed:

* Juanita Broaddrick. A former campaign worker, she charges Clinton raped her at the Camelot Hotel in Little Rock, Ark., on April 5, 1978. He was the state attorney general then. Through his personal lawyer, Clinton has denied any ''assault'' took place. She kept mum for 21 years. Jones' lawyers, who subpoenaed Broaddrick, say she was ''threatened'' to keep quiet. Broaddrick told NBC News she was not. But she signed what she now says is a false affidavit denying the assault, and Clinton lawyer Bruce Lindsey reportedly provided her lawyer with a model affidavit for her lawyer.

Kathleen Willey. An ex-White House volunteer, Willey claims that on Nov. 29, 1993, she was groped by the president, as she asked for his help in getting a paying job, in the same Oval Office room where he later had oral sex with intern Monica Lewinsky. She kept quiet about it until Jones' lawyers subpoenaed her, too. About two months before her Jan. 11, 1997, deposition, Willey found ''masses'' of nails in three of her car tires. They were stuck in the same six-inch area in the center tread of both front tires. ''It didn't look like an accident,'' said the owner of the Richmond, Va.-area shop that replaced the damaged tires. Shortly after, Willey's cat disappeared. And two days before her deposition, Willey told ABC News that a jogger stopped her and asked her about her tires, her cat and her children - by name. ''Don't you get the message?'' she said the jogger asked.

* Gennifer Flowers. Worked for the state of Arkansas, in 1992, she revealed their affair - and had audio tapes to prove it. Then the trouble began, she claims. ''My home had been ransacked. I had received threats. My mother received threats. People were getting beaten. I was afraid for my life,'' she told CNN's Larry King in January 1998. She said her home had been broken into three times and ransacked the third. She told then-candidate Clinton about the burglaries. ''When I told Bill about it, he said, 'Do you think they were looking for something on us?' '' Flowers said. ''When he said it to me, there was just a tone in his voice. And I thought, you probably had this done to me.''

* Linda Tripp. The former White House aide, who worked with both the late White House Deputy Counsel Vince Foster and Lewinsky, says Lindsey told her she would be ''destroyed'' if she went public with dirt she had on the president. Lindsey's lawyer denies it was a threat. Lewinsky, in a taped phone call, warned Tripp it was ''dangerous'' to talk to the press, and reminded her she had ''two children to think about.'' King interviewed her last month. ''You have a fear of your life?'' he asked. ''Oh, absolutely,'' she replied. * Monica Lewinksy. Phone tapes record Lewinksy - at the time the White House was pressuring her to sign what turned out to be a false affidavit -intimating to Tripp. Lewinsky, in an ABC interview earlier this month, said she wasn't being ''truthful'' when she made those remarks.

* Sally Perdue. A former Miss Arkansas, she claims a Democratic Party operative tried to hush her up during the 1992 campaign about an alleged affair with Clinton. The man warned her ''they knew that I went jogging by myself and he couldn't guarantee what would happen to my pretty little legs,'' she told the London Sunday-Telegraph.

* Elizabeth Ward Gracen. A former Miss America, she claims to have had a 1983 fling with then- Arkansas Gov. Clinton. She says she kept quiet about it during the 1992 campaign after getting threatening phone calls. The calls started again, she says, after she was subpoenaed in the Jones case. ''I was physically scared,'' she told The New York Post. Gracen told the Toronto Sun last September that Clinton is ''a very dangerous man.'' She also said: ''I've had to be very careful. There was a lot of pressure on family and friends; people were being staked out.'' She says the IRS audited her after she spoke out. Why did she decide to come forward? The Lewinsky scandal, she says, weakened Clinton's power and nmade him less of a threat.

* Paula Jones. ''Through this whole thing I've felt very scared,'' she told King last month. ''I don't drive crazy, so I won't run off the road; and I'm not suicidal. So if something happened to me, there's a reason.''

The Sperry article is the first in a major national magazine that I have seen that bring up on what I believe, as a woman, is the key principle in this whole Clinton and Sex matter is. It is a principle that was completely missed by the Impeachment debate, because the Democrats and their propaganda wing, which includes most of the national news on TV and major newpapers and magazine, ridiculed any criticism based on the sex being "consensual sex." Because of the POLITICS involved in Clinton's behavior towards women, women in his orbit are in actual danger.

Marie-Jose Ragab, head of a Virginia chapter of the National Organization for Women that broke away from the national group after writing an amicus brief in the Paula Jones case put it bluntly: "'Mr. Clinton is an abuser of women. And women who surround him, such as his staff at the White House, are at risk. Is there anyone to protect them? Can they report an assault safely, or will they and their families be threatened?"

Is there anyone to protect them? No. They certainly cannot look to the female Democrat members of the House if the sexual predator is a Democrat - as their blind defense of Clinton in the last couple of years has so clearly shown.

Let's face it. Today there is no clear standard of acceptable versus unacceptable behavior expected of a powerful political figure. Not even rape is too much for some people to accept, if the rapist is Bill Clinton. Once upon a time in the dim and distant past, when women and children were put in danger, brave men would step forward to save them. Unfortunately, we are in this mess primarily because the women of America are the ones who made Bill Clinton a powerful political figure. Without the 57% of the women's vote, he would never have gotten out of Arkansas. Who will step forward to defend women? So far, the only one to take strong action is a rebel NOW chapter led by Marie-Jose Ragab and a few members of the House of Representatives prosecuting the impeachment of Bill Clinton.