Sen. Clinton Allegedly Intimidated Husband's Sexual Accusers

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:22 am
Just curious here, but I'm kinda thinking all this re-birth of "Clinton Sin", is it a response to "deep throat' with the attending memories of just how corrupt the Nixon admin was? On the other hand it just might be forward thinking about Hillary and her potential future. Anyway, it's always interesting.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:25 am
I think the latter more likely, Boss . . . the prospect of Hillary running in '08 probably scares the bejeebus outta the very crowd that most loves to hate ol' Slick Willy . . .
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:28 am
Same here. Why wait? Get an early start. It's almost 2006.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:29 am
dyslexia wrote:
Just curious here, but I'm kinda thinking all this re-birth of "Clinton Sin", is it a response to "deep throat' with the attending memories of just how corrupt the Nixon admin was? On the other hand it just might be forward thinking about Hillary and her potential future. Anyway, it's always interesting.

I used to think Nixon was corrupt before the Clinton experience. That changed my ideas about what corruption was.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:10 am
The opposition must be worried. The mud slinging has begun. Republican politics at it's best.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:14 am
scratch a blustering idiot, find a frightened little idiot.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 09:58 am
I heard the other day, Gunga, that Clinton is the illegitimate son of Rockefeller. You should look into it; explains a lot...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:39 am
gungasnake wrote:
I used to think Nixon was corrupt before the Clinton experience. That changed my ideas about what corruption was.

mine too. nixon was the big kahuna of republican corruption till mellon-scaife's puppets went to work.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:43 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

mine too. nixon was the big kahuna of republican corruption till mellon-scaife's puppets went to work.

Are you sure you didn't mean mean "Scarfe"?

http://www.rogerwaters.org/images/best/14/flowers.gif

Very Happy
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:02 am
har - dee - har-har... Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 12:17 pm
I think the Clinton haters know no seasons. They don't need a reason to start venting all over again. There are some among us--I name no names--who start frothing at the mouth at the very mention of the word "Hillary."

Kinda like Pavlov's dogs...
McGentrix

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 12:21 pm
[size=8]pssssst...[/size]

Bush is a better president than Clinton ever was...

here come the dogs...
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 12:25 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
I think the Clinton haters know no seasons. They don't need a reason to start venting all over again. There are some among us--I name no names--who start frothing at the mouth at the very mention of the word "Hillary."

Ding Ding.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 01:24 pm
McGentrix wrote:
[size=8]pssssst...[/size]

rigghhhht...

http://www.uiowa.edu/~policult/bush/bushgallery/image/20020815_d081502-515h.jpg

"Excessively patronizing postures are often an indicator of those whose self-images exceed their ability." -Georgeob1
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:11 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:
pssssst...

Keep it up and the men in the white coats will be coming to take you away Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:28 pm
Please do not drool on my loafers.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 03:34 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Well, I've always noted Bill to be the best republican president of the 20th century and now I can add Hillary to be the best republican president of the 21st century (she apparently has all the skills necessary to be a model republican). She has the potential to beat out Nixon

Heh. Bump.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 03:36 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://www.bannerofliberty.com/OS3-99MQC/3-12-1999.1.html

Investor's Business Daily - Women's Charges Show A Pattern of Threats

Investor's Business Daily - http://www.investors.com/

Paul Sperry, in an article yesterday in Investor's Business Daily (http://www.investor's com) listed in one article a series of remarkable statements that have been largely ignored by the rest of the national media, but which have been available to all who listened to the Linda Tripp tapes, for example. Other statements have been published, or inferred by a number of women who were subjects of the so-called "bimbo control" from the Clinton camp.

"It's a diverse group," Sperry wrote. "Some politically active, some not. 'I hate politics,'' says one. Many are from Arkansas, but two are from the Washington area and one's from Beverly Hills. At the same time, they have a lot in common. All nine are women. And nearly all of them are former employees or campaign workers who say they at one point admired the man they worked for.

"All now say they fear him."

"A growing club of women charge that Bill Clinton personally assaulted them or, through his ''agents'' or ''people,'' threatened to do them or their families physical harm. Some are vague about the threats. Others are quite specific.

"But a pattern is clear, not to mention disturbing: One after another, women are accusing the president of being, at a minimum, a bully; at worst, a rapist. And all of them say they're afraid for their safety so long as he remains in power."

This is a theme I have tried repeatedly to get across to the public every since I spent a day listening to Linda Tripp's tape. Bear in mind, the tape was a conversation between two women, one of whom was totally infatuated with the President. In Monica Lewinsky's girl-talk on one of the tapes, in much the same voice she used in talking about trying on a dress she couldn't afford to buy, she said, "''I would not cross those people for fear of my life.'' She also said: ''My mother's big fear is that he's (Clinton's) going to send someone out to kill me.''

I was flabbergasted. Monica Lewinsky's mother was a big supporter of Bill Clinton. She contributed big checks to get him re-elected, and she was afraid that the man she strongly favored as President might kill her daughter? Why was this never a big issue, either in the media or in the impeachment? Because it was dismissed as an effort on Monica's part to get Linda Tripp to lie for her. If she could get Linda worried about her "friend's" personal safety, she would lie to the Grand Jury to save her from being hurt or killed.

Linda Tripp, who did not fall off a turnip truck yesterday, was ahead of the game. She knew that her only hope in avoiding either strong-arm tactics or being dismissed as a liar was to have irrefutable proof of Monica's extortion efforts. She started taping the conversations to protect herself. And, it certainly worked. Of course, the multi-million dollar Clinton propaganda machine did succeed in trashing Linda's name by blanketing the airwaves with accusations that Linda "betrayed a friend."

Either Monica Lewinsky and her mother were lying about their fears of Monica's personal safety or they were telling the truth. Monica was either lying to get Linda's sympathy so she would lie to the grand jury for her and Clinton, or she was telling the truth to get Linda's sympathy so Linda would lie to the grand jury. Either way - what kind of "friend" either lies or manipulates you to get you to perjure yourself, risk losing your job, your children and a possible jail term? Linda correctly identified the danger she and her family were in, realized that Monica Lewinsky was not a "friend" and, based on what she had personally observed while in the White House, took a course of action almost any mother would take who believed her home was in danger - she fought back. She didn't just let the Clinton Machine juggernaut roll over her, as most of the women in Bill Clinton's way have experienced.

Because of the courage of three American women - Linda Tripp, Paula Jones and Lucianne Goldberg, who suggested taping the phone calls to Linda Tripp - other women are not taking heart and coming forward. Who can forget Juanita Broaddrick's response to interview Lisa Myers question about not coming forward with her story for 21 years?

''I was afraid that I would be destroyed like so many of the other women,'' Broaddrick said. "I just didn't have the courage." I thought when I heard that statement that she was probably thinking of the courage it took for Paula Jones and Linda Tripp to tell the truth, and then listen to months of incredible daily attacks on their character - especially by women in the media!

While the publicity concerning Monica Lewsinsky, Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones, Gennifer Flowers, Dolly Kyle Browning, Sally Perdue, and Elizabeth Ward Gracen have tried to portray all of them as devious lying women out to destroy the President, they are all very different kinds of women.

Paul Sperry noted that "female White House staffers working close to president should also be concerned. 'Mr. Clinton is an abuser of women. And women who surround him, such as his staff at the White House, are at risk,' said Marie-Jose Ragab, head of a Virginia chapter of the National Organization for Women that broke away from the national group after writing an amicus brief in the Paula Jones case. "'Is there anyone to protect them?' she added. 'Can they report an assault safely, or will they and their families be threatened?'

"'He is a threat to women there,' agreed a lawyer for Dolly Kyle Browning, who claims Clinton aide Bruce Lindsey threatened to destroy Browning if she broke her silence about her affair with Clinton. Browning is suing Clinton and Lindsey, among others, for racketeering and defamation. The White House denies the charges."

However, Sperry listed some of the women, the charges. It is getting hard even for devoted supporters of Clinton to pretend it's all in the minds of the women. These are not "right wing extremists" making the accusations. They are accusations of "insiders" to a large degree. Yet, "many of the women's accounts are both detailed and strikingly similar" Sperry observed:

* Juanita Broaddrick. A former campaign worker, she charges Clinton raped her at the Camelot Hotel in Little Rock, Ark., on April 5, 1978. He was the state attorney general then. Through his personal lawyer, Clinton has denied any ''assault'' took place. She kept mum for 21 years. Jones' lawyers, who subpoenaed Broaddrick, say she was ''threatened'' to keep quiet. Broaddrick told NBC News she was not. But she signed what she now says is a false affidavit denying the assault, and Clinton lawyer Bruce Lindsey reportedly provided her lawyer with a model affidavit for her lawyer.

Kathleen Willey. An ex-White House volunteer, Willey claims that on Nov. 29, 1993, she was groped by the president, as she asked for his help in getting a paying job, in the same Oval Office room where he later had oral sex with intern Monica Lewinsky. She kept quiet about it until Jones' lawyers subpoenaed her, too. About two months before her Jan. 11, 1997, deposition, Willey found ''masses'' of nails in three of her car tires. They were stuck in the same six-inch area in the center tread of both front tires. ''It didn't look like an accident,'' said the owner of the Richmond, Va.-area shop that replaced the damaged tires. Shortly after, Willey's cat disappeared. And two days before her deposition, Willey told ABC News that a jogger stopped her and asked her about her tires, her cat and her children - by name. ''Don't you get the message?'' she said the jogger asked.

* Gennifer Flowers. Worked for the state of Arkansas, in 1992, she revealed their affair - and had audio tapes to prove it. Then the trouble began, she claims. ''My home had been ransacked. I had received threats. My mother received threats. People were getting beaten. I was afraid for my life,'' she told CNN's Larry King in January 1998. She said her home had been broken into three times and ransacked the third. She told then-candidate Clinton about the burglaries. ''When I told Bill about it, he said, 'Do you think they were looking for something on us?' '' Flowers said. ''When he said it to me, there was just a tone in his voice. And I thought, you probably had this done to me.''

* Linda Tripp. The former White House aide, who worked with both the late White House Deputy Counsel Vince Foster and Lewinsky, says Lindsey told her she would be ''destroyed'' if she went public with dirt she had on the president. Lindsey's lawyer denies it was a threat. Lewinsky, in a taped phone call, warned Tripp it was ''dangerous'' to talk to the press, and reminded her she had ''two children to think about.'' King interviewed her last month. ''You have a fear of your life?'' he asked. ''Oh, absolutely,'' she replied. * Monica Lewinksy. Phone tapes record Lewinksy - at the time the White House was pressuring her to sign what turned out to be a false affidavit -intimating to Tripp. Lewinsky, in an ABC interview earlier this month, said she wasn't being ''truthful'' when she made those remarks.

* Sally Perdue. A former Miss Arkansas, she claims a Democratic Party operative tried to hush her up during the 1992 campaign about an alleged affair with Clinton. The man warned her ''they knew that I went jogging by myself and he couldn't guarantee what would happen to my pretty little legs,'' she told the London Sunday-Telegraph.

* Elizabeth Ward Gracen. A former Miss America, she claims to have had a 1983 fling with then- Arkansas Gov. Clinton. She says she kept quiet about it during the 1992 campaign after getting threatening phone calls. The calls started again, she says, after she was subpoenaed in the Jones case. ''I was physically scared,'' she told The New York Post. Gracen told the Toronto Sun last September that Clinton is ''a very dangerous man.'' She also said: ''I've had to be very careful. There was a lot of pressure on family and friends; people were being staked out.'' She says the IRS audited her after she spoke out. Why did she decide to come forward? The Lewinsky scandal, she says, weakened Clinton's power and nmade him less of a threat.

* Paula Jones. ''Through this whole thing I've felt very scared,'' she told King last month. ''I don't drive crazy, so I won't run off the road; and I'm not suicidal. So if something happened to me, there's a reason.''

The Sperry article is the first in a major national magazine that I have seen that bring up on what I believe, as a woman, is the key principle in this whole Clinton and Sex matter is. It is a principle that was completely missed by the Impeachment debate, because the Democrats and their propaganda wing, which includes most of the national news on TV and major newpapers and magazine, ridiculed any criticism based on the sex being "consensual sex." Because of the POLITICS involved in Clinton's behavior towards women, women in his orbit are in actual danger.

Marie-Jose Ragab, head of a Virginia chapter of the National Organization for Women that broke away from the national group after writing an amicus brief in the Paula Jones case put it bluntly: "'Mr. Clinton is an abuser of women. And women who surround him, such as his staff at the White House, are at risk. Is there anyone to protect them? Can they report an assault safely, or will they and their families be threatened?"

Is there anyone to protect them? No. They certainly cannot look to the female Democrat members of the House if the sexual predator is a Democrat - as their blind defense of Clinton in the last couple of years has so clearly shown.

Let's face it. Today there is no clear standard of acceptable versus unacceptable behavior expected of a powerful political figure. Not even rape is too much for some people to accept, if the rapist is Bill Clinton. Once upon a time in the dim and distant past, when women and children were put in danger, brave men would step forward to save them. Unfortunately, we are in this mess primarily because the women of America are the ones who made Bill Clinton a powerful political figure. Without the 57% of the women's vote, he would never have gotten out of Arkansas. Who will step forward to defend women? So far, the only one to take strong action is a rebel NOW chapter led by Marie-Jose Ragab and a few members of the House of Representatives prosecuting the impeachment of Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 03:37 am
Reminding myself of assault claims against Clinton and A2K's general response.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 03:43 am
@Dartagnan,
Yes, there are many reactions here worth repeating.

Dartagnan wrote:

0 Replies