sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:07 pm
I hated the place without knowing all that. Now I hate it more.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:09 pm
Yeah, i believe that's our buddy Les Wexner in action . . . remember that the next time you consider buying from Victoria's Secret . . .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:20 pm
I think I gained a pound just thinking of nutella.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:28 pm
The best thing to make with peanut butter:
Buckeyes Recipe

This candy is made with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and other ingredients. Allow about an hour for chilling time.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
With a hand-held electric mixer, beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar and flour until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on wax paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate one hour or until firm.

Melt chocolate chips; one at a time, spear balls with toothpick and dip ball into the chocolate to cover most of it.

Place chocolate side down on cookie sheet, smoothing over or filling in toothpick gaps with more chocolate, if necessary. Refrigerate buckeyes for about 15 minutes longer, or until the chocolate is set. Store buckeyes tightly covered in refrigerator.

Makes about 5 dozen buckeyes candies.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:38 am
The Elvis is some version of a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. No jelly. Sometimes bacon.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:43 am
Green Witch - I have had Buckeyes yummy, but we call them peanut butter balls. Yesterday I had a peanut butter twix bar - heaven.

Doesn't the Stage Deli have a David Letter sandwich - I think it is some sort of peanut butter sandwich that comes with a glass of chocolate milk.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:04 am
Synonymph wrote:
The Elvis is some version of a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. No jelly. Sometimes bacon.

WoooOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooo . . .

now i'm gettin' queasy . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:05 am
You can buy "Buckeyes" in just about any part of Ohio, especially during football season. I love peanuts butter straight up, but have never much cared for it in candy. I hate it when good chocolate is ruined by the addition of peanuts butter.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:28 am
"peanuts butter"? Technically correct, but I've never heard it called that before. Where'd that dialect come from Set?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:36 am
cjhsa wrote:
Jif, Skippy, Peter Pan, check the labels. Full of sugar.

How do you define "full of sugar"?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:40 am
By taste. Blech.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:45 am
Oh. You said "check the labels."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 11:50 am
So? Check 'em. Second ingredient....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:07 pm
That's not the most informed way to read a label.

Peanuts are obviously going to be the predominant ingredient, followed by a small amount (Jif contains 1.5 g per tablespoon) of sugar. Read the numbers, not the order of appearance.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:50 pm
1.5g of sugar per tablespoon is a HUGE amount.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:59 pm
cjhsa wrote:
"peanuts butter"? Technically correct, but I've never heard it called that before. Where'd that dialect come from Set?

Simply personal idiosyncrasy . . . one of the ways in enjoy playing with the language . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:01 pm
Synonymph wrote:
That's not the most informed way to read a label.

Peanuts are obviously going to be the predominant ingredient, followed by a small amount (Jif contains 1.5 g per tablespoon) of sugar. Read the numbers, not the order of appearance.

A tablespoon is equivalent to a dry weight of one ounce. At a rate of 1.5 grams per each 28.3 grams, that's better than 5% sugar . . . too much for me. I'll be sure to buy it for my sweetiepie, though, now that i know that JIF is her preference.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:13 pm
I wouldn't call 5% a huge amount, though, unless someone is on ^Atkins^ or watching their sugar intake for medical reasons. If peanut butter is eaten only occasionally, the sugar is almost negligible.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:15 pm
But it is sweet. Blech. You can keep the jelly too.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
[/QUOTE]I wouldn't call 5% a huge amount
Quote:

I wouldn't either, Synonymph, because...it isn't a huge amount!

But if you're someone who follows a strict, sugar-free diet, maybe even that little bit would taste too sweet to you. Guess it depends on what your used to.

But I wouldn't give up Jif for 5% of sugar!!!

Mmmmm.....Jiiiiiiiif
0 Replies