Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 12:56 pm
Natural pb is much better. I like it better as well. The only part I don't like is having to stir it before using it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 01:03 pm
The trick is to buy it in a size you can use in under two weeks, and store it in the cupboard instead of the fridge. Then it's always easy to stir. Peanut butter will go rancid if left too long unrefrigerated, but that never happens at our house.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:03 pm
Love peanut butter, love the name brands, love the crunchy variety. And I don't need anything else but PB -- on seven grain bread! Or even on crackers!!

Makes me feel like a kid again!!
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:12 pm
Apple slices with peanut butter or celery sticks with peanut butter. Now, that's a delicious snack.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:15 pm
When I was a kid there was a store called Kennedy's Butter & Eggs in
East Boston. They sold their own peanut butter. The clerk would scoop it
out of a big drum. After a while, the oil would rise to the top and you'd
have to mix it back in. Man, that was great stuff.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:17 pm
My daughter loves peanut butter on bananas.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 01:50 am
Back to the very beginning -- yes, peanut butter on bread IS dry. That's why you have to add strawberry preserves (or grape or whatever) or my own favorite, apple butter (which is nothing more than apples, cooked way past the applesauce stage, until it's brown and thick!)... On wholewheat bread (gawd, I sound awfu healthy!) -- blliss.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:11 am
cjhsa wrote:
My daughter loves peanut butter on bananas.

You have done well as a father.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 06:30 pm
Maybe peanut butter on bread is dry -- but I love it that way. True, it can stick to the roof of your mouth. But I always like that!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 06:39 pm
too dry?

chase it down with one of these Arrow http://www.hormel.com/images/glossary/m/milk.jpg Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 06:55 pm
Exactly, cj, All natural peanut butter, the kind that one must stir to blend it in with the oil, is the very best kind. Hey, I know a peanut farmer who won a Nobel Peace Prize. Very Happy

Funny story about peanut butter. My friend had an antique rocker that was quite fragile. Her son broke it, and glued it back together with peanut butter.

Hey, Don1, try peanut butter and crumpets sometime.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:00 pm
All natural peanut butter, the bane of my existence.

I know it's "better" for me, but I don't like the stickstickstickiness.
Give me stirred and blended and re-stirred Jif (which I have to cross-border shop for).

Setanta gave me several jars of the all-natural stuff, which he really likes. I use it, mostly, for hiding the dogs' medicine in.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:04 pm
It's a fact, that puppies love peanut butter.

A LOT.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:12 am
Down here, Publix sells freshly made chunky peanut butter. You have to use it up quickly (which I do Very Happy , cause it does not last for long- no preservatives) I have seen them make it. All they do is throw the peanuts into a grinder, and presto!

I put it on whole grain bread, with a smear of Smuckers no sugar preserves, with a Crystal Lite chaser. Heaven!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
I think Trader Joe's does, or used to do, that... I remember from when I lived in So.Cal, umpteen years ago.

Phoenix, c'n I come over for a sammich?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:03 am
I tried to like natural peanut butter, but Jif is so creamy and delicious. Even the chunky is smooth around the nuts.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:31 am
Got some Jif in my pantry. Of course, it would be funnier if I said, "I've got some Peter Pan in my pantry."
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:33 am
Quite a euphemism.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:34 am
Jif, Skippy, Peter Pan, check the labels. Full of sugar.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:38 am
I'm into peanuts butter for the fat . . . i don't need any of that sugar crap in it . . . in fact, i like to take natural peanuts butter and mix it with real butter, then spread it on toast. The faint screaming of my arteries in the background simply adds to my pleasure.
0 Replies