15
   

Once Again: El Paso police report Multiple shooters at Mall

 
 
oralloy
 
  -4  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 03:23 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:
You might do better to come right out with it then.

Come out with what?


thack45 wrote:
Right now it looks like you're just "virtue signaling the virtue signalers",

Your perceptions are confused. What I am doing is mocking the virtue signalers.


thack45 wrote:
and more problematically, it looks like you're using a straw man to wag your finger at an astronomically less troublesome issue.

I'm at a loss as to what you are saying.

What is the more troubling issue?

What is the less troubling issue?
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  2  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 03:34 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
Do you acknowledge there is a rise of violence in this country committed by white supremacists?

I have not paid much attention to white supremacists/separatists/nationalists/whatever-ists.

I really have no idea.


It beggars credulity. You are saying you haven’t noticed the rising reports of white males committing mass shootings? How is that even possible? How can you be intimately aware of and have an opinion about any and every nationally reported incident between law enforcement and a black man, but simply not notice the mass shootings done by white men?
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 04:07 pm
@snood,
I notice individual cases because I hear about them specifically on the news. Or because, when they are raised in discussion on the internet, I read posted links and/or search out information myself.

I don't notice an overall trend because I have not heard about it on the news, have not seen anyone post any links about a trend, and have not bothered to look it up myself.

I think it is probably the case that I don't know about every nationally reported case involving black men. It is more likely that my awareness extends mostly to cases that are actively discussed on a2k.
snood
 
  2  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 04:13 pm
@oralloy,
So you just have no opinion about the rise in mass murders of POC by white men like the two that just happened in the last 48 hours (that are ALL OVER THE NEWS, just like the several that preceded them this year)?

And you just have no opinion about whether there is a growing problem of violence by white supremacists?
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 04:24 pm
@snood,
Did these mass murders target people of color? I have not bothered to learn anything about the victims.

For that matter, I have not bothered to learn anything about the shooters either. Although I did hear some mention of a racist manifesto.

I think our legal system should prosecute the perpetrators of serious violence. I think this regardless of what the trends are.

I have no objections to enhanced penalties when this violence meets the legal definition of a hate crime.

I assume that the Texas shooter is going to get the death penalty. It is a pretty notorious murder, and it is Texas after all.
snood
 
  3  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
I’m almost through...

Just so I’m clear, do you acknowledge that white nationalists/supremacists are actively committing murders in the United States; do you not have an opinion on the matter; or is it irrelevant to you?
snood
 
  3  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 08:47 pm
“There have now been multiple attacks by self-declared white terrorists here in the US in the past several months. This is a real and present threat that we must all denounce and defeat. All terrorism must be stopped.”

- George P. Bush, Former Naval Officer; Nephew of President George W. Bush

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/white-terrorists-in-the-us-are-a-real-and-present-threat-texas-lands-commissioner-george-p-bush/
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 10:03 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Just so I'm clear, do you acknowledge that white nationalists/supremacists are actively committing murders in the United States;

I know it happens. I don't know how frequently.


snood wrote:
do you not have an opinion on the matter; or is it irrelevant to you?

I think our legal system should prosecute the perpetrators of serious violence.

I have no objections to enhanced penalties when this violence meets the legal definition of a hate crime.

I think law enforcement should monitor extremist groups to ensure that they do not engage in these sorts of terrorist attacks.
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  4  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 10:47 pm
Patrick Crusius went way out of his way to kill Hispanics in El Paso.

This guy traveled from Allen, Texas, which is a suburb of Dallas, to El Paso which is the westernmost city in Texas. It's not like traveling from the suburbs to Dallas or Fort Worth. It's not like traveling from Allen to Austin, or San Antonio or Houston, which are all under 300 miles away from Allen. Texas is huge. El Paso is 650 miles away from Allen. El Paso is isolated from the rest of the state. That's one of the reasons why the rest of the state treats El Paso like the A-hole of Texas. The other is because El Paso is more than 80% Hispanic. When Ted Cruz debated Beto O'Rourke during the recent Senate race, his nasally drawl dripped with disdain when he'd mention that Beto was from "Elll PAAAso."
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  3  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 11:27 pm
@snood,
I think it's time to call these people what they are, Home Grown White Nationalist Terrorists. These are the resentful people who assume everyone else has an unfair advantage because of (pick your favorite) 'she slept her way to the top', he's going to sue if he isn't promoted', I deserved the job but it went to a "woman, a minority or a gay or a college boy".

As long as we allow this resentment to fester and refuse to make people confront their own limitations we will see the disaffected lash out in futile destructive violence. Sic k groups like the KKK, Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, Neo-Nazi's, assorted nut groups like the Survivalists are making gains, but who are these under-achievers? They are the INCEL's, the poorly educated, the lazy assholes who refuse to compete because it's easier to believe the deck is stacked against them. It's time for all the sad sacks to take a hard look in the mirror. And also the folks who claim they only get their news from A2K, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, don't make me laugh.




Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 11:40 pm
@glitterbag,
We need to adjust to this new type of terrorist: white (young) men who, as in computer games, want to shoot a maximum number of people, and who are driven by a right-wing extremist ideology of white superiority and an insane fear of alleged "repopulation plans".

Politicians - and we all - must take right-wing terror as seriously as Islamist terror. And we must talk about the ideological proximity of the perpetrators to parts of right-wing national politics.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 11:47 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
And also the folks who claim they only get their news from A2K, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, don't make me laugh.

I never said it was my only source of news. You should consider hiring a special ed teacher to help you out with reading comprehension.

At any rate, why would I need to take a hard look in the mirror? All I need to do is vote for Mr. Trump in 2020. He will continue to protect my civil liberties for as long as he remains president.
glitterbag
 
  4  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 01:34 am
@oralloy,
Dear special guy, I was not addressing you, why would you think I was? Are you an INCEL or a resentful underachieving white guy? I am doing as much as I can to ignore you, I already know the 10 simple minded things you regurgitate...you have nothing else to offer.

You are just not that interesting...really, you are not!!!! I would offer more of an explanation, but I suspect you are not as well developed as necessary to grasp complicated issues. It's OK, really it's OK...not everyone can comprehend complexities. Please understand that I'm not interested in dealing with an aging adolescent who spouts nonsense such as "they want to violate our 2nd amendments for fun". It's foolish, it's silly and it should be beneath you.

That's why most folks only address you once or twice every 6 to 9 months.
You will feel a lot more engaged if you stick to the 3D animated action silly films.
oralloy
 
  -4  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 02:40 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Dear special guy, I was not addressing you, why would you think I was?

Because in the last line of your post you clearly referred to a post that I made.

There is a handy quote function that allows people to reply to specific parts of a post. If you look, you will see that I used this quote function to reply to a specific part of your post.


glitterbag wrote:
Are you an INCEL or a resentful underachieving white guy?

No.


glitterbag wrote:
I am doing as much as I can to ignore you,

Your childish insults show otherwise.


glitterbag wrote:
I already know the 10 simple minded things you regurgitate...you have nothing else to offer.

Referring to facts as simple-minded indicates that these facts make you unhappy.


glitterbag wrote:
You are just not that interesting...really, you are not!!!!

Your mean-spirited sniping shows an inability to formulate a compelling argument against the facts that I post.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg


glitterbag wrote:
I would offer more of an explanation, but I suspect you are not as well developed as necessary to grasp complicated issues. It's OK, really it's OK...not everyone can comprehend complexities.

My ability to grasp complicated issues is infinitely superior to your own ability.


glitterbag wrote:
Please understand that I'm not interested in dealing with an aging adolescent who spouts nonsense such as "they want to violate our 2nd amendments for fun". It's foolish, it's silly and it should be beneath you.

Is this the fact that is currently frustrating you?

You should learn to accept reality instead of lashing out at those of us who have the integrity to tell the truth.


glitterbag wrote:
That's why most folks only address you once or twice every 6 to 9 months.

Leftists would love to be able to prove that my facts are wrong. The reason why they do not is the same reason why you always resort to childish name-calling:

There is no way to prove my facts wrong, as they are entirely correct.


glitterbag wrote:
You will feel a lot more engaged if you stick to the 3D animated action silly films.

I feel fully engaged already.
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  3  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 05:59 am

https://i.imgur.com/VQIKRaG.jpg
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 06:04 am
As long as a preponderance of right wing politicians keeps getting elected and reelected, the situation will never be allowed to change.
Walter Hinteler
 
  4  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 06:48 am
@edgarblythe,
A University of Alabama law professor made this point about Trump’s morning tweet suggesting that a background checks bill should be linked to immigration reform:
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/M1pNt68.jpg
blatham
 
  1  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 07:11 am
@Region Philbis,
amen
0 Replies
 
hightor
 
  5  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 08:34 am
Reminds me of our "special guy":

https://i.imgur.com/HcHyBXB.jpg
hightor
 
  4  
Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 08:45 am
NYT wrote:
President Trump called on Monday for Republicans and Democrats to work together to strengthen background checks for prospective gun buyers, and proposed “marrying” new measures with new immigration laws — two of the most politically divisive issues facing lawmakers.


What kind of "background check" is going to be able to look inside a prospective gun-buyer's head and determine that in six months this person will enter a depression and end up committing a mass shooting? How many times have we been told that no one had any idea that a particular mass murderer could do something so horrendous? Sociopaths can lie low for years nursing their grievances before they are moved to act. Background checks will only turn up people with records of prior criminal activity or — possibly — a documented history of clinical depression or pyschopathology.
 

Related Topics

Drumsticks - Discussion by H2O MAN
nobody respects an oath breaker - Discussion by gungasnake
Marksmanship - Discussion by H2O MAN
Kids and Guns by the Numbers - Discussion by jcboy
CO gun-grabbers go down in flames in recall - Discussion by gungasnake
Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) - Discussion by H2O MAN
Self defense with a gun - Discussion by H2O MAN
It's a sellers market - Discussion by H2O MAN
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/26/2020 at 03:38:40