I am getting hassled about not wearing a bra at HOME from my mother

roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 02:21 pm
@chai2,
That's interesting. I've found the same situation when buying pants of a particular size. Sometimes, 'my' size just doesn't work with certain pants.
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 02:42 pm
@roger,
But do you still feel all sexy and manly under those pants?

When you're feeling sad about the way the day is going, do you think "Well, at least my nutsack looks amazing."
roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 02:53 pm
@chai2,
I can only say that I feel vaguely uncomfortable when my waistband tries to dive to knee level.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 03:42 pm
@Larren,
Getting here a little late on this matter but I have to say it is not some great and important thing for a woman to wear a bra!
Not all women wear them!

Examples: my own mother. Rather large breasted (and large bodied). She didn't wear then because of irritation it gave to a couple of moles on the area where the bra material landed. This was several years back, the 1940s on until her death decades later. Long before the bra-burning thing of the 1960s/70s became popular (at least in the U.S.A). She did wear a slip under her dress. Never a bra during my lifetime and I was born in the very distant past of the 1950s.

Example 2: my grandmother. Small breasted, she just didn't like 'em.

Discuss it with your mother and keep in mind, once you are older and leave home you can decide whether or not to ever wear one again.
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 04:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Of course a woman can decide to wear a bra or not, but she needs to live with the consequences.

In this case, the disapproval of her mother, and the discomfort of the boyfriend, and maybe the mother.

Also, many women, especially if they are large breasted, look very sloppy, unkempt and inappropriate if they are not wearing a bra.

Not a big deal when in the comfort of your own home. Or if you don't care how you appear in public.

Even a well built woman, or one small breasted, doesn't exactly look public ready when just wearing some tshirt, sweater or shirt.
There is of course, if the woman has a good figure, the risk of looking without intention overly sexy and attention getting.

Breasts are obviously nothing to be ashamed of. I for one am not advocating the wearing of bras to cover themselves up because of prudishness, etc.

Overall, it's just not really an attractive look beyond the occassional males "ooga ooga, wow look at those" looks

There's a very very brief period of time in a womans life where she can really get away with no bra in public, and that's if she has a good figure.

Overwise, if she has big breasts, they just look like big udders slopping around (which is by the way really uncomfortable), or small or medium size udders shifting around.

Sturgis, if I'm not mistaken, you're not one of the traditional womens breast lovers club, so you may be coming at it from a different perspective.

So if you're a woman who doesn't want to wear a bra in public, go ahead. But you won't look the way you think you do in your mind.

Ragman

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 04:38 pm
@Larren,
How’s your relationship with your Mom? Do you have issues? How’s your
relationship with her fiancé? This matters.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 04:41 pm
Aren't some tops fitted in such a way it is almost impossible to know about the bra? Maybe a different outer garment will be enough.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 04:48 pm
@chai2,
You are correct. I am not the women oggling sort. (I don't necessarily ogle men, I just prefer them in the intimate unions)

As to my mother, can't say it always made sense to me. Especially once they started hanging out on her stomach/waistline. (She added to the horror by having her overstuffed purse with shoulder strap and the strap going over her breasts. Even a bra would not have helped end that visuals horror.

My grandmother wore rather loose fitting dresses or pantsuits with loose fitting tops so if there was sag of her self-admitted smaller breasts I never saw u.

Anyways, as I did state, Larren can ditch the bra if she wants by moving out on her own. Says she's an adult.

One last on bra wearing, my sister has worn them for years including at home. (at least that's what she said a few years back)
jespah

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 05:14 pm
@chai2,
Interesting. When I had lost a ton of weight, I was fitted and they did a super job. So I imagine YMMV.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 05:50 pm
@Sturgis,
This is excellent stand up material. I bet your delivery is perfectly dry.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 11:28 pm
@Lash,
If only the borscht belt and Grossinger's were still hiring...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 11:32 am
@Larren,
Some bras seem more comfortable than others.
chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 12:15 pm
@Olivier5,
Actually, both of them look like they could be pretty comfy.

Here are some examples of why bras can be uncomfortable...

Underwires that poke you either on the side or near the sternum.

https://foreveryourslingerie.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Irritation21.png

Straps digging into shoulders.

https://foreveryourslingerie.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Digging-Straps.png

Also things like the band rubbing and causing a rash, straps that are too loose and falling off, etc.

It's really all about fit, and just because one bra can be really comfortable on one woman doesn't mean it won't be something you can't get your mind off of for another.

Personally, I think women have been conditioned to care WAY to much about what the bra looks like.

You want sexy?

Fine, go by one that you're going to wear just for the few minutes between you getting undressed with someone, and it coming off. I mean seriously.

Otherwise, the bra is under your clothes, it seriously doesn't matter what it looks like if it's comforable, provides coverage (that's bra talk that you nipples aren't showing through) and is providing needed support for your breasts without the straps digging into your shoulders, band digging in anywhere, or the underwire, if the bra has one, isn't poking you someplace.

Same thing for underpants.

I have never had a man refuse to have sex with me based on me wearing any particular type of undies.

I though, would refuse to have sex with him if he indicated he didn't like what I had on between my outer clothes and nakedity.

I bet he'd learn quick to keep his mouth shut.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 12:41 pm
@chai2,
Thanks, makes a lot of practical sense. My knowledge upon these matters is almost entirely theoretical, although as a teenager I did a lot of gazing through the underwear section of certain mail shoping magazines.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:05 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
nakedity

I like this word
chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 02:07 pm
@Linkat,
I do too.

It kinda just states it as a fact.

"Joanne was in a state of nakedity when the marmoset entered the room."

I mean what is the pivotal aspect of a sentence like that?

I myself would be much more interested in what that monkey is about to get up to in poor Joanne's house.

Also, I like the idea of a marmset "entering" a room. It lends a bit of dignity to an awkward situation. Awkward soley because of the monkey. Joanne can do what she likes in her home. Once she leaves it though, she should have a bra on.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:04 pm
Poor Larsen. She gets no support here.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:08 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Poor Larsen. She gets no support here.

Ha ha - you meant the play on words didn't you?!
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:27 pm
@Linkat,
I’ll never tell 🤡

Sorry, I meant Larren..
0 Replies