Deportation of u s citizens in the 1920's and 1930's

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 02:39 pm
Did you know that Herbert Hoover deported about 1.8 million Hispanic u s citizens when he and his republican government were ruling. Trump hasent come up with anything new. Just the same old garbage. Republicans repeat the same tired old things after they are proven not to work thinking that if tried often enough they might get them to work. The only thing they are successful sat is making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Sturgis

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 02:56 pm
@RABEL222,
Sometimes known as the Mexican Repatriation, it continued into 1936 (some sources say 1939). Many of those deported we're American citizens.

It wasn't only Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt continued the sickening, disgusting, completely un-American practice
I have at times viewed this as the starting lineup towards how the U.S. treated Japanese people, including many second and further back generations of citizens with the onset of WW2.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 01:00 pm
@Sturgis,
I have often wondered why Germans and Italians were interred also. Could you explain this?
BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 03:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I have often wondered why Germans and Italians were interred also. Could you explain this?

Because there was a pro fascist party that held large rallies in such cities as NY before the war with such cheerleaders as Charles A. Lindbergh an even Kennedy father to a degree.
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 02:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Because there was a pro fascist party that held large rallies in such cities as NY

New York is not a city, its a state.
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 04:29 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
Because there was a pro fascist party that held large rallies in such cities as NY

New York is not a city, its a state.

Lord thanks thanks for posting something that no American citizen would ever post so are you posting from Russian or more locally?

Now for your information New York is both the name of a state and a city in that state.
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 04:39 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Now for your information New York is both the name of a state and a city in that state.

No, New York City is a city. New York is a state.

Just like Kansas is a state and Kansas City is a city.

Quote:
Lord thanks thanks for posting something that no American citizen would ever post so are you posting from Russian or more locally?

I've never heard of a place called Russian, where is that at? Rolling Eyes
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 04:54 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Sorry my silly Russian friend but few indeed are the ones who would get confused when the news used the place name Washington for the city of Washington not the state of Washington.

Same thing apply to the city of New York and the state of New York.

Highly amusing when your cover as a American or even a European is reveal.
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 05:06 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry my silly Russian friend but few indeed are the ones who get confused w

I have no idea what that was even supposed to mean.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 06:37 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
There are two Kansas City, cities.....one of them isn't in Kansas. When people in this country say they are going to be in New York for the weekend, they ARE talking about the City....because if they were heading to Albany, they would say Albany.
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 07:50 pm
@glitterbag,
When Washington DC was first being build it bore the name Federal City until 1791 a name that seem more fitting then Washington DC or even Trump DC to me.
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:46 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
There are two Kansas City, cities.....one of them isn't in Kansas. When people in this country say they are going to be in New York for the weekend, they ARE talking about the City....because if they were heading to Albany, they would say Albany.

I'm going have to have some proof of that.

When I travel to Nebraska, I say I'm traveling to Nebraska.
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:48 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
When Washington DC was first being build it bore the name Federal City until 1791 a name that seem more fitting then Washington DC or even Trump DC to me.

What the Hell does that have to do with anything?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 09:10 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:

I'm going have to have some proof of that.

Well look at a map you lazy git.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 12:07 am
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Quote:

Nebraska is a rather large state. Most folks here in the U.S.A. would indicate which town or city they were going to. Omaha is different from Hastings which is quite different and hundreds of miles away from Ogallala. (Although, Ogallala is closer to North Platte which is located in Lincoln County, than it is to Lincoln which is several miles east of both and sits in Lancaster County.)
roger

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 12:13 am
@Sturgis,
Sure, and North Platte is split by a time zone. Probably makes life more interesting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 03:28 am
@glitterbag,
If I said I was going to New York for the weekend I’d be off to north Tyneside.
0 Replies