Deportation of u s citizens in the 1920's and 1930's

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 02:39 pm
Did you know that Herbert Hoover deported about 1.8 million Hispanic u s citizens when he and his republican government were ruling. Trump hasent come up with anything new. Just the same old garbage. Republicans repeat the same tired old things after they are proven not to work thinking that if tried often enough they might get them to work. The only thing they are successful sat is making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 296 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 02:56 pm
@RABEL222,
Sometimes known as the Mexican Repatriation, it continued into 1936 (some sources say 1939). Many of those deported we're American citizens.

It wasn't only Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt continued the sickening, disgusting, completely un-American practice
I have at times viewed this as the starting lineup towards how the U.S. treated Japanese people, including many second and further back generations of citizens with the onset of WW2.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 01:00 pm
@Sturgis,
I have often wondered why Germans and Italians were interred also. Could you explain this?
BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 03:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I have often wondered why Germans and Italians were interred also. Could you explain this?

Because there was a pro fascist party that held large rallies in such cities as NY before the war with such cheerleaders as Charles A. Lindbergh an even Kennedy father to a degree.
0 Replies