Insanity or Paralysis or Both?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 10:57 am
Go over to medlineplus.org and do a search on gliosis. That may help you a bit.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
Dementias such as Alzheimers Disease produce a measureable change in brain function - but can only be seen post mortem - do you want to kill off your character?

Advanced oor terminal syphilis - old terminology was - Generalised Paralysis of the Insane - GPI.

AIDS can certainly have an effect on the brain - but that's more end-stage - so the patient would probably not be in a mental health facility, but rather a terminal care facility.
0 Replies

MrIVI

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 11:45 pm
Yep
ossobuco wrote:
Which is not to discourage you from doing that... but wondering, if it is sci-fi you are interested in, then ask a question in the original writing or literature forum, and give a link to this one, if you know how to do that, and if you don't, some of us can help you.

Well you are quite right. This persona is based a lot on myself. So I know how I would want this person to act and react, what they would be sick of. And mostly, I'm curently revising so I need a disease to fit certain criteria so that I don't need to revise too much.
0 Replies