Did I take the right path?

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 07:03 pm
My boyfriend of 6 years left me a month ago. He never stopped talking to me and we even seen one time to catch up. I want to get him back but he doesn't give me space so I told him to give me space and to contact me if he wanted in the near future but to stop talking to me everyday. I just want him to miss me and have the breakup but I dont know how to handle this situation. It is not normal to be dumped but to keep being reached by your ex (he even talked to my friend to know about me) What do you think? What should I do to get him back?

BTW he ended things out of the blue without explanations

Thanks

Jewels Vern

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:45 pm
@sele1997,
A broken relationship remains broken forever. For that reason you end with lots of insults and shouting so it is crystal clear that you can NEVER patch it up.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 05:14 am
@sele1997,
Why the hell would you ever want him back?

He's keeping contact because he is hedging his bets. If he finds someone who he likes better, he'll stop contacting you.

Do yourself a favor and block him so you can get past this and get over him. His contacting you all the time is preventing that from happening.
dmartin

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 10:48 pm
@jespah,
I agree. He walked out without the balls to man up and tell you the truth. Trust me, I was that man once. Men like us don't deserve a second chance absent a legitimate reason why he had to part ways. The fact he remains calling leads me to believe the other participants in this forum, he is keeping his options open. If you do decide to take him back, make sure THIS IS TRULY what you want. Once a cheater always a cheater. Sorry mates, but true. You are as faithfull as your opportunities. Either he is immature or just another player. Assuming the aforementioned, you will need therapy to address any co-dependency issues you might have. Just an observation.
0 Replies