How do I lose weight

Rose000

Mon 8 Jul, 2019 04:37 pm
I gained a lot of weight my current weight is 145.5lbs and my BMI is 26.52. I want to be more healthier and more fit but I don't know what to do?. I keep reading about these articles saying how to lose weight but I don't know which ones are right for me. Is there any tips or experiences for losing weight?

chai2

Mon 8 Jul, 2019 06:18 pm
@Rose000,
And how are we to know which of those articles are right for you?
0 Replies

Dageron

Mon 8 Jul, 2019 06:31 pm
@Rose000,
Hello!

I am not a nutritionist, but the best advice I can give you for losing weight is to put you in calorie deficit. Basically, you have to eat less than you consume calories.

For example, imagine that you consume, energetically, 2000 calories per day. To lose weight, you must try to eat less, for example 1600-1700 calories per day. To know how much you spend and how much you have to eat, you can go see a nutritionist or possibly do the math on specialized websites. And to count how many calories you consume per day, smartphone apps can help. Otherwise, a notebook to add up will do the trick. In general, after a deficit of 7000 to 9000 calories (added over several days / weeks), you lose a kilo.

Try to drink plenty of water and tea.

Some elements help to lose weight. for example, green vegetables are low in calories, so you can eat a lot and be full without taking a lot of calories. Other items such as chicken breast, fruits (note that apples help burn fat), green and white tea, cottage cheese, etc. In addition, steam cooking is the best. It is not forbidden to eat some sweets (it is better to eat a little than to deprive yourself completely, because by depriving yourself you risk being frustrated and crack), but do not abuse it either. It will happen sometimes to crack however, and no panic, it happens to everyone. And then, if you like chocolate, no need to deprive yourself completely, but you just do not eat too much.

In truth, this kind of diet must become more of a way of life than a periodic and draconian diet that will last only two weeks before breaking down and getting double.

Regarding the sport, it will of course help you to place you in a caloric deficit, but the most important is the food because if you do sports all day to the point of burning 3000 calories per day but you eat 4000, you will not lose weight. After, practice sports in complement is good too.

Well, I hope these tips can help you! I also apologize if my English is a bit odd because it is not my mother tongue.

Good luck!
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:06 am
@Rose000,
Few tips which works for everyone.

1. Have a good 6-8 hours sleep.
2. Try not to stress.
3. Walk 15-30 minutes after every meal.
4. Eat in small portions, try not to eat too much at any time.
5. Have your last meal 2-3 hours before you go to bed.
6. Cut out sugar and reduce your carbs intake.
7. Try intermittent fasting and have 10-20 minutes run after 6-8 hours of fasting.

Weight loss is a change in life style so make small changes and stick to those. Try not to make any drastic changes which you may not be able to keep up with.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:43 pm
You did not gain those pounds by eating excessively, so you are not going to lose them by depriving yourself. You need to get smart, but you should avoid inventing things that are not so.

The biggest mistake is assuming "fat". In many cases the excess weight is water, even if it happens to be stored in fat cells. Look at a gallon jug: that is 8.6 pounds of water. To get rid of excess water get salt substitute and try to use an equal amount as you guess you are getting in regular salt. The shaker is small enough to carry around all the time, so keep it with you and add some to everything you eat.

Here is a recipe that has worked well for me. Read all the comments so you know a few things.
www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/5767-basic-fat-burning-soup/

Get some exercise. Walking is good if you do it every day.

Get epsom salt at the drug store. Put a dose in a glass and cover with water. Stir until the crystals have dissolved, then fill the glass with lemonade and drink it. You can take epsom salt without the lemonade but you won't like the taste. If you take it on an empty stomach you will have a bowel movement in a few minutes. If you have eaten, it might hit any time up to 24 hours later. When it hits, you better be near a toilet.
0 Replies

frantasticindia

Wed 10 Jul, 2019 04:01 am
@Rose000,
Exercise and diet food is best to lose weight.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 10 Jul, 2019 02:17 pm
I can tell you how I lost 50 lbs over about 7 months

Portion size - It takes about 9 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain it's full and you can eat a lot in 9 minutes. Start with moderately sized portions and give yourself some time to determine if you are full. If someone gives you a huge portion, you don't have to eat it all. Tell them you can't eat another bite.

Selectivity - Cut back on high calorie treats whether they be beer, cake, or candy. It makes a huge difference

Exercise - You don't have to go crazy, just get some. Walking, climbing stairs, whatever.

Gluten-free: Regardless of whether or not you are gluten intolerant, a gluten-free diet rids you of a lot of calories.
0 Replies

linakhonde

Thu 8 Aug, 2019 07:22 am
@Rose000,
Add egg in your diet. egg is full of proteins and vitamins and it is a good source of losing weight.
0 Replies

Melania90

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 02:24 am
@Rose000,
The best way to start losing weight is to visit a diabetologist. The doctor will advise you on how to eat, what to eat and how often. forget about sweet, salty and fried food. Do sport(cardi0) and in a month you'll see the first results.
0 Replies