What do you miss the most about the '80s and '90s?

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 03:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm aware of the unimpressive games on the Atari Jaguar.

NOTE: the video has vulgar language
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 03:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I've never even seen any of the games on the Lynx or Jaguar.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 06:33 pm
Just for fun, here is a comparison video of the Final Fantasy series, starting with 1987's Final Fantasy I from the 8 bit era to 2016's Final Fantasy XV and 2020's Final Fantasy VII Remake.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 03:04 am
What was the deal with Neo Geo?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 05:36 am
@JGoldman10,
It was a 1990s game system that was not a commercial success but it does have a loyal following.

I never played it. I honestly never even seen one in real life.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 05:59 am
Sierra games
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 09:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know about it.

https://hiscoga.wordpress.com/neo-geo-1990-1997/ :

"The Neo Geo is a cartridge-based arcade system board and fourth-generation home video game console released on April 26, 1990, by Japanese game company SNK Corporation. It was the first system in SNK’s Neo Geo family.

The Neo Geo originally launched as the MVS (Multi Video System) coin-operated arcade machine. The MVS offers owners the ability to put up to six different cartridges into a single cabinet, a unique feature that was also a key economic consideration for operators with limited floorspace, as well as saving money in the long-run. With its games stored on self-contained cartridges, a game cabinet can be exchanged for a different game title by swapping the game’s ROM-cartridge and cabinet artwork. A home console version was also made, called AES (Advanced Entertainment System). It was originally launched as a rental console for video game stores in Japan (called Neo Geo Rental System), with its high price causing SNK not to release it for home use – this was later reversed due to high demand and it came into the market as a luxury console. The AES had the same raw specs as the MVS and had full compatibility, thus managed to bring a true arcade experience to home users."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 09:42 pm
The 80'2 and 90's... Someone said youth and I agree with that. Walking without pain... running... don't even remember what running was like. So far as technology goes... nothing. It is all better now than then.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 12:04 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

The 80's and 90's... Someone said youth and I agree with that. Walking without pain... running... don't even remember what running was like. So far as technology goes... nothing. It is all better now than then.

-FIXED.

I wish some of the tech we have now had been available back in the '80s and'90s.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 12:07 am
@JGoldman10,
Unless you're specifically asked, you don't get to 'fix ' the posts of other people.

Heck, half the time you can't even manage to correctly edit.... Oh, I mean 'fix' your own posts fully.

Rather certain, God doesn't take kindly to you being so arrogant.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 12:57 am
@Sturgis,
I can and I will. Screw off. I don't think that person would have minded me fixing a minor typo. I was being nice.

I am conscientious about my own typing errors and I fix them when I get the get the chance. Most of the time.

I'm being "arrogant"? Who are you to judge? Are YOU a Christian?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 04:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm being "arrogant"? Who are you to judge? Are YOU a Fart fetishist?

Fixed
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 04:36 am
@McGentrix,
I agree. I believe that people like the time when they were young, regardless of the decade.

As children, we are ignorant of the problems in the world, had no major responsibilities, and were free to do many physical activities. Of course, adults would look back to their childhoods fondly, despite any issues with the decade it was in.

I'm sure no one liked the constant threat of nuclear war that mainly lasted from the 40s to the 80s.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 05:59 am
@JGoldman10,
So, are you simply wishing you grew up in the 00s and 10s, if you wanted some modern technology during your childhood?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 06:38 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I can and I will. Screw off. I don't think that person would have minded me fixing a minor typo. I was being nice.

I am conscientious about my own typing errors and I fix them when I get the chance. Most of the time.

I'm being "arrogant"? Who are you to judge? Are YOU a Christian?

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 06:51 am
@Rebelofnj,
On one hand I'm kind of happy I came up when I did- the '80s and early '90s. On the other I wish some of the tech that we have had from the last too decades had been around when I was coming up.

Sometimes I do wish I was younger. I sometimes feel like I came up in the wrong generation.

I wish commercialized internet access had been around when I was coming up. I wish things like video-sharing sites, social media and artist/writer community sites had been around when I was young. I wish things like smartphones had been around back then. If video-sharing sites had been around when I was coming up I would have videotaped a lot more things off of TV and showcased them online.

I didn't have access to commercialized internet access until I was in art school but the internet back then is nothing like what it is now.

Are you familiar with the saying, "If I knew then what I know now I'd be a rich man"?

I think that holds true to an extent.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 06:54 am
@Sturgis,
Are YOU a Christian? You and Izzy think you have the right to tell Christians what they should or shouldn't do.

Non-christians don't have a right to tell Christians what to do.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 06:56 am
@izzythepush,
Back off. Stop detailing this thread with your nonsense. This thread isn't the place for this.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:01 am
@Sturgis,
Who died and made you boss?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 07:07 am
@JGoldman10,
Personally, I don't want to revisit the 80s and 90s due to the societal changes that have happened in the last 40 years. Lower crime rates, less discrimination, more inclusion.

Though in 2020, there are still improvements to be made, but it is still better than it once was.