What do you miss the most about the '80s and '90s?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 12:30 pm
@Ragman,
I don't need non-Christians trying to tell me what the Bible says.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 12:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm not being a hypocrite.

Do you wear clothes made of mixed fabrics?

The Bible says not to.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 03:04 pm
@izzythepush,
.maybe he's a nudist/naturist. That'd explain why he got so upset about having to strap on a facemask.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 03:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Nothing surprises me anymore.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:42 am
If I were to miss anything from the 80s and 90s, it is probably video rental stores like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video.

I just liked walking down the lanes looking for a VHS tape (later DVD) to watch.

But, I do like streaming and VOD even more, and the ease of watching different films one after another without going to a store every time.
chai2

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Maybe you do.

Most christians have very little idea what it actually says in your bible.
chai2

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/116204732_880960605646356_961774601612166492_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=hgeCuyuHuqcAX-NUW09&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=d6146361b235960f7faef935069f879e&oe=5F4B77E7
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:25 pm
@chai2,
No. We don't. The Word says The Enemy knows the Word too. It also says he's the accuser of the brethren. The Enemy is rude.

It's written, "there's no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ (Romans 8:1)" and "no weapon formed against us (Christians) shall prosper, any tongue that rises in judgment against us we shall condemn (Isaiah 54:17)."

If you're not Saved you have no business telling Christians what they should or shouldn't do.

Concern yourself with you.

Secular people don't have a close personal relationship with God because they don't know God. They don't have the Holy Spirit and they are not in covenant with God. Since they aren't Saved they are not going to fully comprehend what the Word says. They read it objectively without receiving what it says.

There are lots of secular people who think the Bible is just a history book, or a both of myths or fairy tales.

Psalm 1:1 - "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;"

Christians are supposed to edify and correct other Christians. The Bible says that iron sharpens iron.

People who try to tell me what the Bible says shouldn't get an attitude if I ask them of they are born-again Christians or not.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So you were around in the '80s. Okay then.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

Why don't you adhere to this advice Mr.Goldman?

Quote:
The Bible says...

The Bible says plenty of things. Many of these things are contradictory of each other.

The Bible also tells of the 2 daughters who get their father drunk, for the sole purpose of having sexual relations with him so they can both become pregnant. Supposedly this is done so they will then each have a son.

The bible is not anywhere near to the best way to live. it was written by men. It was translated hundreds of times. Probably more. Take the words of the bible with a grain of salt.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
So you were around in the '80s. Okay then.

Because I mentioned video rental stores? They were still widely around up to the early 2010s. By then, I fully accepted using streaming services. The last time I entered a video rental store was February 2009.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 03:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

No. We don't. The Word says The Enemy knows the Word too. It also says he's the accuser of the brethren. The Enemy is rude.

It's written, "there's no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ (Romans 8:1)" and "no weapon formed against us (Christians) shall prosper, any tongue that rises in judgment against us we shall condemn (Isaiah 54:17)."

If you're not Saved you have no business telling Christians what they should or shouldn't do.

Secular people don't have a close personal relationship with God because they don't know God. They don't have the Holy Spirit and they are not in covenant with God. Since they aren't Saved they are not going to fully comprehend what the Word says. They read it objectively without receiving what it says.

There are lots of secular people who think the Bible is just a history book, or a book of myths or fairy tales.

Psalm 1:1 - "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;"

Christians are supposed to edify and correct other Christians. The Bible says that iron sharpens iron.

People who try to tell me what the Bible says shouldn't get an attitude if I ask them of they are born-again Christians or not.

-FIXED.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 03:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
You’re saying one thing and then doing another it’s hypocrisy. You’re not any form of anything if you’re a hypocrite.

You say that the Bible can’t be cherrypicked then you do exactly that.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

What if they are not Born Again Christians, but were members of other Christian denominations like Mormons, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Baptists, and so on?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations
chai2

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 06:18 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The bible is not anywhere near to the best way to live. it was written by men. It was translated hundreds of times. Probably more. Take the words of the bible with a grain of salt.

The bible is in fact a crock of ****.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 04:17 am
@Rebelofnj,
Mormonism is a cult.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 04:49 am
@JGoldman10,
You can talk. Your type of “Christianity” is the most cultish I’ve ever come across.

And you’ve still not answered my question on Leviticus.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 05:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Mormonism is a cult.

Because?

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 08:28 am
@izzythepush,
And yet you and your friend Sturgis never disclosed to me if you two are born-again Christians or not.

Matthew 10:33 - "But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven."

izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 08:54 am
@JGoldman10,
It’s none of your business.

I’ve not denied or confirmed anything.

And you’ve still not answered my question re Leviticus.