What do you miss the most about the '80s and '90s?

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 06:39 am
@Rebelofnj,
I recall my dad using old '90s cellphones. They had screens like Gameboys, Tamagachis or digital watches.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 01:47 pm
I miss most the amazing sex I had almost every day with my husband during the 80's and 90's
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 05:40 am
Here is something I'm a little curious about. When I was in grade school they used to show classic theatrical cartoon shorts on a movie screen in school auditoriums after lunchtime if I remember right. This was back in the '80s. I do recall kids going to assemblies in auditoriums to watch cartoons on movie screens.

I recall one time in a grade school gymnasium they showed classic theatrical cartoon shorts to kids that were projected on a wall. I don't recall if there was a screen they projected those cartoons on on a wall in that gym or not. I forgot the reason why they did that. I think the auditorium was closed that day.

Did they still show theatrical cartoon shorts to grade school kids on movie screens in auditoriums in schools in the late '80s, the '90s and beyond? Do they still do that in the 21st century?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 06:05 am
@JGoldman10,
It has been years since grade school, but they never showed any theatrical cartoons in my school.

There were assemblies, but they mostly were for educational purposes. Basically "don't do drugs" and "be nice to others" were the main messages.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 06:06 am
@Rebelofnj,
I guess every school is different.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 06:11 am
@Rebelofnj,
We had regular assemblies in school auditoriums when I was in grade school.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:00 am
@chai2,
What you do with your husband behind closed doors is your business.
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 02:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Bug off, **** off.

You asked, I answered.

It's what I miss most about the 80's and 90's.
Just as I miss him every single day. It's been 3 months and the pain is still unbearable. More than half of me is gone.

Just **** you and your stupid comments about what is and is not to be written.
I'm talking real ****. Real life, Real love, Real relationships.
Not some stupid cartoon crap on the wall.

If you don't want to know, don't ask.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 06:17 pm
@chai2,
I thought that was too much personal info. I bless you, have a nice day.

You had an attitude when I asked if your husband was a born-again Christian or not. If He was Saved, gave His heart to Christ, was Spirit-filled and accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior, loved God and lived the way God wanted him to live you have nothing to be concerned about.

I was going to ask if you are a born-again Christian but I'm guessing you are not.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 07:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Seems a bit inappropriate to ask that, given the circumstances.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 08:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
When my dad passed a month after 9/11 my family, friends and I weren't concerned because he a Christian. The Lord cleaned my dad up in the few remaining hours I spent with him. My family and I thought he was a changed person.

My mom and one of my old pastors at the time prayed and my mom asked the Lord to bring him back. The Holy Spirit told her if God brought him back he might not have made it into the Rapture.

My dad did a lot of off-the-wall things that hurt me and my family, which I'm not going to go into, but we forgive him and we're glad he made it into Heaven.

He passed because he neglected his health. He had some issues. My family, friends and I urged him to go see a doctor but he wouldn't listen. We had another pastor who was in a healing ministry. My dad had an opportunity to let the pastor lay hands on him and pray for healing for him when the pastor was holding a service one night but he didn't want to be bothered. He was sitting outside of the church in my family's car when the rest of my family and I were inside when the service was going on.

That was foolish of my dad to not let the pastor and any doctors help him.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 09:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Not everyone, particularly not all Christians, responds or prepares for death the same way.

Speaking from personal experience, I express relief when a loved one passed after a long illness, because they are no longer in pain. And of course there is sadness because they are no longer in my life and I never learned more about their lives.

Plus, people tend to show empathy to others when they have to deal with the deaths of loved ones. People normally say "I'm sorry for your loss", "I'm here if you need help" or something similar.

Also, you brought up some of your father's actions in a previous discussion.
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 09:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Seems a bit inappropriate to ask that, given the circumstances.

Yeah. A bit. Rolling Eyes

Not even given the circumstances. Did he not get the memo that's not something asked? Why? Because it's none of his business.

We are dealing with a person that has no empathy for others. He would throw out shitty paper towels and clothes because it's nothing to him who has to deal with it then. Does not understand human relationships, yet feels he can dictate what is discussed.

In practice, Goldman is one of the most unchristian people I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. His actions, thoughts and intent are as far from christianity as I can imagine.

In this case, because we wrongly assumed we are all adults, and mentioning sex, let alone good sex, over a 26 plus year period, is upsetting to someone, who, on the other hand, is fine with asking others where he can find Asian girls with big asses.
My sex life was wholesome and good, and nothing to be ashamed of. I'm proud and happy I could make someone else complete, and he could complete me.
There was nothing dirty, wrong, narrow minded or unacceptable about it.
I'm not about to be dictated to by some dirty minded creep as to what I can and can't talk about.

It's really sad, on the off chance goldie is not an experienced troll, that he would be upset, rather than be happy another person enjoyed a wonderful sex life for a long time with someone they dearly loved.

Instead, all he can think to ask is "was so and so saved?"

That's as far as his emotional immaturity will allow him to go.

If this is really what he is (and I doubt that in the extreme) it is very very disturbing, sad and mentally unhealthy.

Yep. The thing I miss most definately about the 80's and 90's was the terrific frequent sex with my beloved husband.

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:37 pm
@chai2,
If your husband wasn't Saved he's not in Heaven. It's simple as that.
If you aren't Saved you're not going there either.

I was trying to be nice not judgmental. I was trying to help you. If you had a happy sex life, I'm not interested.

I'm not married. I never had sex with anyone.

Stop detailing my thread with your smut talk.

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I tried being nice to Chai and she spat in my face. I don't deal with maniacs.

I bless her.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:44 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I think I did tell Chai I was sorry to hear her husband passed.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:47 pm
@chai2,
I don't know if you are a Christian or not. If you are it's not very Christian of you to blankety-blank at people.

I don't care what you think of me. I am glad I'm not married to you. I'm glad I am not married to a maniac who thinks I'm a slob.

If and when I'm ready to get married God will show me who to my wife-to-be is. She will be a God-fearing woman.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 11:52 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I ask people whom I'm interested in becoming friends with if they are Christians or not. There is nothing wrong with that. It's good for Christians to fellowship with other Christians.

The Bible says to show yourself to be friendly.

I have no interest in being friends with Chai. She's a rude, patronizing, condescending and hostile maniac. I tried being nice to her. She's blocked for a reason.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 12:10 am
@chai2,
I'm a Christian and a nerd/geek. Deal with it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 12:45 am
Anyway, getting back on topic, I think animation was far more popular in the '80s and '90s. At least when I was young. It wasn't a niche market like it is now. Something only appealing to an esoteric lot. Cartoon makers had a lot more freedom to do what they wanted. I think more people cared about cartoons back then especially the classic ones.

There are online fanbases for cartoons but that doesn't make them popular.

And wasn't till the late '90s that the FCC and President Clinton got involved with children's programming. Clinton passed legislation regulating children's programming and the FCC eventually pulled all traditional cartoons off broadcast TV networks programming blocks.

Traditional cartoons on weekday mornings, weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings on broadcast TV are thing of the past.

By traditional cartoons I mean regular kids' cartoons.

The only kids' cartoons shown now on broadcast TV are edutainment ones. Regular kids' cartoons are shown mainly on cable/satellite TV and online now.

The FCC doesn't bother with the adult animation stuff on broadcast TV.