The rank titles I came up with are lame so....

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:48 am
Something's changed, Craven. I can see that we're back to being seasoned members.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:49 am
I dont plan on doing any other custom titles for now. I was just going to change deb's till she saw it but since it was funny I'm gonna leave it for a little while.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:52 am
Quote:
Queen of the smegging hippies

Now THAT'S funny!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:53 am
Phoenix,

I'm gave up on listening to suggestions about my avatar. Someone tries to veto every one I've made. :-)

I guess that too falls under the category of "can't please them all all the time".

Beth,

Now I get it, because the highest rank had long been surpasses the post criteria was changed. But that was done before this topic. I really liked Monger's "statistically unfulfilled". I hope I can get a coherent and fun set to use.

Hmmm, statistically challenged..?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:55 am
Queen of the smegging hippies is SOOOOOOOOOO not funny!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:58 am
In re the change to dlowan's title, while it's funny i don't think it's appropriate - hidden forum guides and moderators are a huge WARNING BUZZER for me. It's one of the reasons that my activity on this site decreased quite significantly (which is probably a boon to more than a few people).
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:59 am
I didn't mean the site was sterile, but I'll say it again, small features like that put some fun into being a member. No one takes another's ranking personally, no one thinks you are better than me because you're a grand poobah and I'm a newbie.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:00 am
It's not possible to hide deb.

Anywho, like I already said, 'tis temporary.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:07 am
I think the experience indicators are great fun! They seem common to sites using this template - there is a great one for young people who self-mutilate that is essentially the same as this - but very bright - and with cute names - looks great.

I notice people being amused and pleased when their little designation clicks up a notch - I think it adds an element of innocent pleasure - how anyone could think it is a "ranking" in the normal sense of the word eludes me.

Monger's suggestions are very amusing, as usual. (I have forgiven you - for now - Monger!) I am sure we can come up with funny ones- but whatever happens will annoy some of us.

You will, as Craven says, never please everyone - this is one of the penalties of doing ANYTHING - and Craven does a lot - so he risks not pleasing more people than the average.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:10 am
Hey, I've got an idea:
Hows about just a smiley-face for every 500 post marker past. Then it'd look like,...err,...never mind Laughing

The set you have is fine,...a little goofy,..but fine. I like the first two "Just Hatched" and "Newbie", because I think they encourage you to post more in order to get rid of them!! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:10 am
Beth! It is a temporary joke! It began, as usual, when I went over the top in answering Craven's call for suggestions, and was made the "Grand Imperial Poobah" I requested to be - as a surprise. Monger then upped the ante. I ain't hiding me li'l, dull, Guide status for long, fear not. Sigh.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:40 am
and ya know, i fully expect this thread to be disappeared by the time i get back later today. :scowl:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:41 am
Oh good grief!

Bet one of your pups to one of my kits, Beth ie?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:59 am
Laughing That title makes my day! Throws me into diabolical fits of laughter every time I see it next to your name, Debs! Very Happy

In other news, with all this talk of moderators and suchlike how's about we call 'em Love Enforcement Officers instead or something, Beth? Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:08 am
Er, that would be because it came a-springing, fully armed and owls in attendance, from your devious, fertile, li'l head, Monger!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:11 am
My head has been called many things before, but 'fertile' is definitely a first! Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:16 am
Just an idea- Confused

Freshman
Sophomore
Junior
Senior
Graduate
Master
Doctorate
Professor
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:18 am
Okay. Queen of the smeggin hippies, I bow in your general direction.

Yeah, the titles are pretty rank. Just hatched, Newbie are okay.

Then member. As Phoenix said (or was it Joanne?) we are all equal here.

For some of our senior members maybe it should just read, 'Oh. It's You again...'

And I'm miffed at Beth for breaking a Seal. Not nice.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:22 am
Beth broke a SEAL?

Monger - it IS fertile!

Seal - "Oh, it's YOU again " is hardly welcoming!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:50 am
I didn't break the seal. I didn't break the seal. I didn't break the seal. I want to, but I can't til Cleo and I get back from school.

Phoenix, interesting idea, but that particular scheme would only make sense to people in the U.S. Then again, any of these things needs a translation code. I think I'd like something like 'older and meaner than you, grrrrrrrrr'. I think it would be nicely reflective of my style.
0 Replies