Savaged sensibilities

snood

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:29 pm
I cannot believe MSNBC is giving this guy a soapbox. I sat and watched him show the 9/11 tape over and over for 10 minutes, while he railed on and on about "Why we Fight" at callers trying to get a word in. He makes a seamless (nonsensical, but no one is supposed to notice) connection between Sadaam, Milosevic, and 9/11. And that's the last time I'll be adding to their ratings, or subjecting my stomach to that foul mess.

O'Reilly? Limbaugh? Hannity? Coulter? This guy's gonna make 'em all look reasonable. And the ratings are going to confirm the insanity that has evidently gripped a large portion of the public - not the least of which are the dollar grubbing programming execs.

Damn.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,015 • Replies: 29
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 05:41 pm
Sorry Snood - which guy? Do you have a link or something?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 05:57 pm
I guess, he means Michael Savage.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:00 pm
Who is?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:13 pm
Snood -- Fox is probably going to retaliate by having live on-air dog fights, filmed in Mexico; Texas executions are next, then Florida.

Our blood lust has no limits. My ability to watch TV ended shortly after the 2000 election -- another crime live on air.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:57 pm
Dlowan, Michael Savage is an American journalist, far-right orientation. You may get an idea of his articles at the following link:Michael Savage's Articles.
I am a conservative myself, but IMO, Mr. Savage tends to exaggerate...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:07 pm
I would not afford Savage the prestige of the title "Journalist". He is a rabble-rousing extremist commentatator of the most pandering sort. As far as I am concerned, he and his ilk are embarrassments to The Right. We all have our burdens; I suppose he's our Dixie Chick.

timber
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:11 pm
But why is he so much popular? I read that his broadcast had quite a high rating...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:12 pm
And I imagine the programming decision will be profitable for MSNBC, and call for counterfire from FOX. A simple, single talking head is cheaper to produce than a Voyuer-cam show or a scripted, ensemble-cast series by far. If it sells advertisng and costs less to produce, what else can be expected?

timber
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:17 pm
steissd, there is no accounting for popularity. Savage is an entertainer ... and a lot of folks mistake his entertainment for news or analysis. I assume that the fact he entertains some folk deeply influences their acceptance of his agenda. It "Feels Good" and "Sounds Right", so it must be "Right". Its far easier to be fed opinions than to grow them.

timber
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:23 pm
steissd wrote:
Mr. Savage tends to exaggerate...

roflmao
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:29 pm
What is funny in this statement of mine, dyslexia? Do you agree with every statement of Mr. Savage yourself? I have never heard his broadcasts, but I read his articles online, and came to the same conclusion Timberlandko came: Mr. Savage is detrimental to the American Right, since his position crosses the borders of common sense.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:36 pm
I wager it safe to doubt much agreement between dyslexia and Mr. Savage.

timber
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:39 pm
I think dysleia was laughing at what an amazing understatement that was.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:42 pm
i can't speak for anyone else, steissd, but i know that your comment about mr. savage exaggerating made me giggle. Simply because it was such an under-statement. I'd have to use language not approved of on the site to say what a freakin' freak i think that person is, and how unlikely i find any of his statements to be true.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:42 pm
I'm still laughing at that.

Sorry, steissd ... no disrespect meant ... but it really is funny.

timber
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:47 pm
OK, I tend to use polite language even if I refer to Adolf Hitler. Therefore I expressed more or less the same opinion in a self-moderated way.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:14 pm
and upon returning from a winter at the south pole would you describe it as "a bit brisk"?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:19 pm
Sorry, dyslexia, I have missed a point of your question. What do you mean to be brisk?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:38 pm
Savage Weiner's tendency to exaggerate on display:

"I look forward to continuing on television what has made me so successful on radio," said Savage. "People love my show because of my hard-hitting style combined with intelligence and wit. Those who listen to me say they hear a bit of Plato, Henry Miller, Jack Kerouac, Moses, Jesus, and Frankenstein. I'm looking forward to reaching new viewers while giving my existing audience more of what they have come to love and expect, including a look into my very private studio."
0 Replies