What would you put in a personal ad?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 10:30 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
O.K., you guys, I'm shocked and appalled...I can't believe the debauchery that's been taking place here.....so keep posting, O.K.?

Lord Ellpus, I even loved your post.....although I have no idea what the hell you just said.

I think the clue was in my final line "But please read only lines 1, 3 and 5 "

.......maybe it's because the "X" border wouldnt come out the way I wanted it.......

I know...I'll remove it, so just imagine that there is a border around it, and that is why I had to cut the lines short each time.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 11:18 pm
Thanks Lord Elllepus -- that did the trick -- now I can see what you meant. I knew it was good -- just didn't know how good!
(reaching across the ocean to pinch your cheek -- and I mean the cheek on your face -- get your mind out of the gutter!!!!)

I'd love to stay here and play some more -- but I'm right in the middle of an epiphany -- really! So, I'm gonna go away to the General Thread to discuss it -- coz' they just don't have an epiphany thread......

I'm kind of bummed out all of a sudden....I'm all...whatever they call it when you're in the throws of an epiphany.....
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:56 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
What mine should read:

"I will most likely not commit to you, so realize there is a possibility I will sleep with other women also. On the weekends I get drunk with my friends, if I decide to invite you be prepared to be the designated driver, and be fun and social. My friends opinions count more than yours, so if one says you suck, I'll probably never talk to you again. However, once you sleep with me, I'll buy the shots. I'll even act like a stand up guy if I ever meet your parents."

Charming, eh?

I have to say I truly admire your post. Why? Because it's honest. Laughing

This is what I might write, (it depends on the mood I'm in when writing)

Dear future X,

If you start to complain about my angelic way's and I appear to not be listening, well, your right on the money. I will more than likely being singing a song in my head. Hmm, what song you ask? Probably, "These boots are made for walking" Nancy Sinatra.

Sincerely
Your future X Laughing
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:40 pm
I actually wound up going to the Philosphy and Debate Thread to have my epiphany -- and boy! did I get some great answers.

In the meantime, I agree with you, turtlette -- at least Slappy Doo lets them know where he stands! And he's freaking funny about it at the same time!!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:26 pm
Freaking....how very apt.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:21 pm
Uhhh, I'm usually not THAT straightfoward.

However I did say pretty much word for word to a chick I just met "I'm a self-centered, jerk who likes to mock people...but I'm fun to be with." I hooked up with her that night.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:40 pm
Slappy......That was you???????
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:32 pm
Yes.

But you're the one that never called back.

Player.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:53 am
I am in theory damn picky....

guy must be:
smart
outdoorsy
damn affectionate (i'm the cuddliest person in the world)
into music
into fantasy books (as in sci fi not dirty ones Wink )
Over 5'8 preferably at least 5'10
BUILT
dark hair and eyes or sorta sandy hair
and lots and lots of fun Very Happy
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:22 am
Slappy, you need to be just a little more fun before I call back. Maybe you were having an off night. How about I meet you at the Greyhound bus station?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 03:23 pm
Greyhound bus station? I'm sure you can meet some great dudes in the bathroom there.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:20 pm
I know you were a little lit, but did you forget that's where we met? Big deal so was I, that's why I wasn't in the Ladies Room, the line was too long.
0 Replies