Clean Misdiagnosed?

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 03:55 pm
I was concerned regarding growths I found around my genital region and went to a clinic where I asked for a full exam screening, PAP and all. I was also inspected and was told the growths were not my fear of HPV but they look like the cauliflower warts! Two weeks later my results came back to find out everything came back clean! I still have not been able to relax about it. It's embarrassing to me and I don't know what to do. Have I been misdiagnosed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 633 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 04:02 pm
@paranoid1234,
Go to your primary care physician for a second opinion.
oralloy

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 07:08 pm
@jespah,
In addition to getting a second opinion, if all the tests still come back clean, insist that they keep trying until they figure out what the problem is.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 07:31 pm
@paranoid1234,
Why not just listen to your doctor?

There are lots of marks, bumps, and warts that appear on a human body as we age. Most of them are benign, a natural part of aging. Of course it is a good idea to get a medical opinion of anything that changes.

If if a medical professional tells you it is OK, than it is almost certainly OK (sure, there are horror stories on the internet, but they are the exceptions. 99.9% of the time the doctors get it right). There is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion, but if the second opinion agrees with the first then you really should listen to the doctors.

This is part of the reason that healthcare costs are so high.
oralloy

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
If the doctor can say what it is and why there is no reason to worry, fine.

But if the doctor says "Well, it isn't anything that I tested for, so I guess we're done," then I don't think that is acceptable.
0 Replies