Where is Dick Cheney?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:32 pm
and what is he doing these days?

Just ran a Google news search. I've gone back 2 pages and no Dick Cheney activity. A few references to things he did last year ... where is he?

Is he all right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,257 • Replies: 49
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:42 pm
Last I heard, he was at Auschweitz in Air Force issue arctic wear, now that you mention it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:44 pm
That's funny......I was driving through the English countryside the other day, and as I passed The Dog and Duck Pub, I saw a man selling vegetables by the side of the road.

As the better half was intending to cook a Roast dinner that very morn, I stopped to purchase some fresh bits and pieces. He seemed American in his accent (said Alooominum, that sort of thing), and gave me his business card as I was getting ready to go.
When I got back into the Bentley, I had a strange feeling that I had seen this man before. It was the shifty eyes that seemed to be so familiar.
I got home, gave the veggies to the boss and had another look at the card.
It had a Website address:-

http://cheneybrothers.com/englishburpless.shtm

Now I come to think of it, I'm sure it was him.
I shall be passing that way again next weekend, any messages for him?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:49 pm
Well, you see, it's like this.

I was reading
Quote:

and said ... what about Dick?

So, LordyLordy, if you see Dick, ask him what he thinks about this.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:00 pm
God not another Dick in the WhiteHouse. Hes due for a 65 year fluid pump replacement job isnt he?

Did I hear hes going senile? or as that only Rumsfeld?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:31 pm
Yep.......the Las Vegas odds makers are betting that he will run and guess WHO he will pick as his VP running mate. You fine people can look forward to anther 8 years of the guys you love to hate........... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:34 pm
Bush cannot be the Vice President.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:37 pm
Last sentence of Amendment XII, ratified in June 1804, reads:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Article 1 of Amendment XXII, ratified February, 1951, reads:

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Bush cannot be Vice President . . .

Nice try, though . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:07 pm
He is in an undisclosed location, as usual.

I hope he doesn't make a run for it--but I'm sure BushCo thinks their policies have to be given more time to succeed, and they are equally sure that no Democrat will see it through.

I wish Condi would reconsider.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:11 pm
something about glass ceilings and secretarys taking the boss's chair, it's downright unrepublican.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:33 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Yep.......the Las Vegas odds makers are betting that he will run and guess WHO he will pick as his VP running mate. You fine people can look forward to anther 8 years of the guys you love to hate........... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i say he'd probably pick rice. (actually, if he'd been cut off after the first deferment, he would have gotten the chance down in good ol' vietnam... Laughing )

don't count your chickens before thay hatch, ray.

the bush agenda seems to be a lot less favorable than it was.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:33 pm
Rummy?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:33 pm
Wolfie?

WHO?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:35 pm
Some Saudi who is close to the Bush family I suppose.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:38 pm
Very funny...

Looky!

Rice Wants It--But in Draft Form
Political associates of Secretary of State Condi Rice are stirring the 2008 presidential pot on her behalf. While she takes the high road, they're pushing her name out there. "She definitely wants to be president," said one. But, the friend added, Rice isn't planning on quitting to run. "She wants to be drafted," he said.

----

Weeeee- HAH!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:42 pm
good way to lose both the blue and the red states.(She could probably pickup California)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:37 am
Lash wrote:
...Political associates of Secretary of State Condi Rice are..pushing her name out there. "She definitely wants to be president," ...

then why dosn't she just say so? (insert hillary barb here, if you must...)

i don't see where she has a well rounded resume to be president. and frankly, i don't trust her judgement.

you republicans want to have an ice cube's chance in hell of reclaiming my vote, you're gonna have to do one hell of a lot better than that. and better than running any of the bush mafia for that matter.

colin powell i would consider. especially teamed with an equally non-ideo(idiot)logical vp.

so there. pphhhhhttttttt! :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:57 pm
I'd consider Powell. But he'd need to show that he's regenerated a spine.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:08 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I'd consider Powell. But he'd need to show that he's regenerated a spine.

yeah, i know what ya mean and agree. i feel like he was pressured to the max, and being a team player tried to make the best of it. he probably should have known better considering who was/is running the show.

i'm still looking into hagle. but the most recent test poll had him in single digit. not sure, but i think he was still higher up than "fristy the snowjob".

the dems are gonna have to start doing better too. it was a real bait and switch with kerry.. ass kicker turned into ass kisser. and that worked really, really well, dinnit?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:11 pm
Yeah, Kerry turned out to be very anti-climactic for me. I would have much preferred Dean, and I imagine a lot of other people would have also, but it's the nature of our system to weed out anybody who's worth a **** in the primaries, and leave nothing but two honking steamers to choose from in the general.
0 Replies