Quran and age of Universe

Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 12:31 am
@BillRM,
You're not making any sense. Science IS a social thing. It does not exists in some sort of abstract etheral plane distinct from our common world.

It is a fact that the ideologues who developed Nazism were 'inspired' not by religion but by science. Hit your head on this wall as much as you want to... it's still a historical fact.

And once again, a scientific theory proven false -- such as phrenology or scientific racism -- is still a scientific theory. The definition of pseudoscience is something entirely different from: "contradicted by facts". Newtonian mechanics are contradicted by facts, but that doesn't make them pseudoscience.
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 04:37 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You're not making any sense. Science IS a social thing. It does not exists in some sort of abstract etheral plane distinct from our common world.

It is a fact that the ideologues who developed Nazism were 'inspired' not by religion but by science. Hit your head on this wall as much as you want to... it's still a historical fact.

And once again, a scientific theory proven false -- such as phrenology or scientific racism -- is still a scientific theory. The definition of pseudoscience is something entirely different from: "contradicted by facts". Newtonian mechanics are contradicted by facts, but that doesn't make them pseudoscience.

Complete nonsense in every way as science is not what the mob wish the universe to be but what the hell the universe happen to be by our best understandings at any time.

No matter how must the church had wish the earth to be the center of the universe an was willing to kill those who state otherwise it was not science to believe so.

When you can not even define the so call races of mankind any theories base on the races of mankind is not science.

Mobs do not define science facts no matter how emotional driven they might be.

Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 04:52 am
@BillRM,
Who died and made you the arbitrer of what is and is not science?
hightor

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 05:20 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:

That's a very unscientific question!
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:03 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Once more complete nonsense as when the church was threatening to kill by torture anyone who stated the earth was not the center of the universe it had been many many hundreds of years that a Greek scientist and mathematics Eratosthenes had calculate the circumference of the Earth that was right on.

Hell even earth distance to the sun was being work out at that time in term of the circumference of the earth.

Mobs or religions do not decide what is or is not science fact such as the earth being the center of the universe.
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:11 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

LOL................
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:12 am
@HabibUrrehman,
'One's' 'inner-self' - Is where 'babel' befuddles you and I.
We need to DEFINE this.? Because our 'interpretation' of 'inner-self' is obscured by clouds of 'Culture' (You) and 'No-culture' (Me, whatever 'me' represents...?').
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:15 am
@Olivier5,
Why are you 'depreciating' Habibs' POV...? Please.
Shut your 'EGO' off - And come as 'ALL'.
mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:22 am
@BillRM,
Not 'Arthur C ... whatever'?

Must be true... Household name.... Matters does dat...

Bill - Accept 'others' or denounce 'others' acceptance of you/yours.
Have you read the Koran/Qur'an?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:31 am
@BillRM,
No, He didn't.
If you read the text - It's barrels of virgin (Once-pressed) OIL.

Virgin "OIL" - Not 'SEX-TOYS' like the 'Western-demonize-all' media-scripted- bollux you've ACCEPTED as 'truth'.

Do your HOMEWORK.
It aids well.

Have an interesting Everything,
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:37 am
@mark noble,
Come as ALL yourself. Why are you 'depreciating' my POV? :-) )
Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:39 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

It wasn't meant as scientific, but I can rephrase: "What objective criteria, if any, do you use to define what is science and what is not?"
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:47 am
@Olivier5,
I happen to agree with both you and Habib, in many aspects of this thread.
And if either of you 'tend' toward 'condescention' I Will point it out.

It's not your pov I embolden - It's your 'below-the-belt' 'strike'.
Had Habib struck, likewise, I'd have equally illustrated.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 07:16 am
@mark noble,
Grow a skin, Mark. My point was not below the belt. People tend to 'see' in religious texts whatever they want to see in them; they 'project' their needs onto the texts. That happens all the time, including when someone 'sees' the prediction for a scientific discovery in the Quran.

And yes, it's exactly the same phenomenon than when people 'see' the Virgin Mary on a pizza slice or the name of Allah in the shapes taken by a tree. These sorts of things happen constantly in the Muslim world, see an example among millions below.

Quote:
'Allah meat' astounds Nigerians

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44854000/jpg/_44854507_mysterymeat_226.jpg
The gristle spells out the word "Allah" in Arabic

Diners have been flocking to a restaurant in northern Nigeria to see pieces of meat which the owner says are inscribed with the name of Allah.

What looks like the Arabic word for God and the name of the prophet Muhammad were discovered in pieces of beef by a diner in Birnin Kebbi.

He was about to eat it, when he suddenly noticed the words in the gristle, the restaurant owner said.

A search of the kitchen's meat revealed three more pieces which bore the names.

The meat was boiled and then fried before being served, owner Kabiru Haliru told newspaper Weekly Trust.

"When the writings were discovered there were some Islamic scholars who come and eat here and they all commented that it was a sign to show that Islam is the only true religion for mankind," he said.

The restaurant has kept the pieces of meat for visitors to see.

Thousands of people have already gone to the restaurant to see them since they were discovered last week.

More:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7520149.stm

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 07:38 am
@Olivier5,
It was 'below-the-belt' for you.
A 'slight' condescention - but, not your 'mainstay'.

What does 'grow a skin' mean, please?

More 'condescention'?

Calling me by name 'Mark' shows you as respectful, even though you preceded it with a 'condescention'.

2016, Pompei - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. Free on youtube.
Best God-solo ever?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:02 am
@mark noble,
I also do sense a slight condescension from you, but I don't really care that much.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:05 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Mobs or religions do not decide what is or is not science fact such as the earth being the center of the universe.

You've repeating yourself. So WHO decides what is or is not science?
mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:18 am
@Olivier5,
Ok. Have an interesting Everything,
Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:27 am
@mark noble,
I will.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:32 am
Anyway, next time someone opines that religion has been used to motivate massacres and wars, I now know what to say: "Oh but that's wasn't true religion, it was pseudo-religion, you see?"

You learn something every day. :-)
0 Replies