Pet Peeves About Co-Workers

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:48 pm
Do your co-workers have any habits that annoy the hell out you? Like eating apples?

I love apples, but I just realized -- it's teeth-gritting, fist-clenching annoying listening to somebody else eating one.

In case you haven't guessed, one of my co-workers is currently eating an apple -- with lots of cruncha-cruching gusto!!

Uggghhh!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,041 • Replies: 34
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:49 pm
Oh, don't even get me started...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 01:51 pm
Hmmm, that's a bad one. Listening to someone chew is never pleasant.

My current pet peeve is the coworkers who go into the break room and crank up the volume on the tv and then leave it there. My office is the closest to break room, and I hate listening to the tv all day. I turn it down several times a day. Of course, I don't mind if someone's actually watching it, but when the room is empty...makes me nuts.

Welcome to a2k, Stray Cat.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:04 pm
O.K. Now the co-worker has moved on to eating one of those ice cream on a stick things. Now I'm getting lick smacking and finger licking.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh, ....thank you, Mac 11.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:32 pm
My pet-peeve is that I don't have any coworkers.

What jobs involve hanging with really cool people?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:41 pm
mac11 wrote:
Hmmm, that's a bad one. Listening to someone chew is never pleasant.

My current pet peeve is the coworkers who go into the break room and crank up the volume on the tv and then leave it there. My office is the closest to break room, and I hate listening to the tv all day. I turn it down several times a day. Of course, I don't mind if someone's actually watching it, but when the room is empty...makes me nuts.

Welcome to a2k, Stray Cat.

Setting the volume at an acceptable level and then a little super glue around the button works wonders.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:48 pm
CodeBorg wrote:

get a job as a rock star.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:55 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
CodeBorg wrote:

get a job as a rock star.

Have a job that involves hanging out with rock stars and various other celebs...not quite as appealing on the inside as it looks on the outside...but it does have its benefits.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:59 pm
People who follow me to the bathroom. This one guy, I swear...
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:02 pm
Hmmm.... benefits.

Does that involve human resources?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:07 pm
CodeBorg wrote:
Hmmm.... benefits.

Does that involve human resources?

quite possible. Now that I rethink the whole idea, its not so bad. Sometimes the celebs are a pain in the ass, but it is still a helluva lot better than other ways to make a living.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:38 pm
Yep, I'll bet celebs have a lot of annoying habits. Not to mention all the money, free time, and special perks they have....because they can stand in front of a camera and recite lines....or sing....

Hate the bitches....
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:40 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Yep, I'll bet celebs have a lot of annoying habits. Not to mention all the money, free time, and special perks they have....because they can stand in front of a camera and recite lines....or sing....

Hate the bitches....

Won't catch me defending them, but I will admit that most of them can be very annoying. Thank goodness, I just work for and with them, and am not one of them.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:46 pm
Ahhh! I'm home, in fact I've been home for a while now, just relaxing. And I'm having a drink. I can't believe how that apple eater got to me, but he did. Felt like my nerves where being shredded like cheese on a grater. So I'ma havin' a drink!

But this is the last time. From now on, I'm going to live very healthy, do only very positive things, and not let anything get to me. Like the fact that there are people out there doing some of the most dumb ass things, and passing them off as "art," or something you can't live without, or the "next great idea" and making a lot more money than me. While I slave....

But that's just not going to get to me anymore, people.....mind over matter, right?

But I've got to hand it to you, tommrr. I'd probably last all of five minutes with those celebs. I get enough of them on TV, talking about how they had to work a whole five or six months on their last movie or album (and the unspoken part -- all they got was five million dollars for it). Or, how it's just sooo hard when the paparrizi are always trying to take your picture. And it's just so difficult to have a relationship coz' how can you tell "if they like you for you....or just because you're so rich and famous."

On behalf of the average working people everywhere, let me just say, "SHUT UP!!!"

Or when they start spouting their political opinions. Of course, whenever I'm trying to decide where I stand on a crucial national or international issue, the first thing I always say is, "Where's the nearest actor or rock star? I really need to get their input on this."

So, I know I couldn't do what you do. In fact, I'd probably take a certain amount of glee in screwing up their "post Academy Awards Show" reservation at Wolfgang Puck's.

More later about the irritation I suffer on a daily basis. Anyone else? C'mon. Tell us about the annoying sh** you tolerate from others.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:51 pm
Stray Cat,
I agree with all that you say. Luckily the past few years have been lucky enough to only be involved with the "regular" guy types. Humble, not outspoken about their politics in pubic, etc...
I am firm believer in the term shut up and sing.
And believe me, I don't think that I could do whatever it is you do either. The thought of going to the same place everyday just scares me silly...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:55 am
[/quote]
Have a job that involves hanging out with rock stars and various other celebs...not quite as appealing on the inside as it looks on the outside...but it does have its benefits.[/quote]

Yeah, I know, I lived with a musician for about 3 or 4 years.
Don't get me started.

Stray Cat - I work for someone who is always in crisis mode.
The whole office will be running along smoothly - all matters being attended to, and when she walks in, it's like a tornado hits the place.
Unfortunately, she can't see it from this perspective, since she's obviously not there to see the calm before she got there. (fortunately, she travels a lot, although she is addicted to her cell phone)

anyway, I was REALLY starting to hate seeing her walking across the parking lot Crying or Very sad The thing is - I really love my job, I'm paid well, and have no desire to leave.
one day, I don't know what part of me this came from, but I just said out loud to myself "That woman will suck the life out of you if you allow her"
What an epiphany! The key to it all was in my hands, I was allowing her to suck my very life energy out of me! Shocked Shocked Shocked
It just seemed so obvious then, that I could simply not buy into her whole - the world is going to end if this doesn't happen right now - outlook on life.
Now - to be honest - I actually pity her.
I mean, is this all she has? Work? 24/7? How can you enjoy life when you're just trying to rush through it?

Anyway - maybe that'll help.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:02 pm
Yes, it does help, Chai Tea. In fact, all of the posts do. Just helps to know other people are going through some of the same stuff I am.

My last boss was a lot like the one you described. I can only imagine what dark force belched her up from the underworld to torture all of humanity -- but there she was.

Let's call her Hagatha, because 1) it's fun and 2) if anybody ever deserved to be called Hagatha it was that bitch.

She could also suck the very life out of a room. She could suck damn near anything out of a room. In fact, you might want to remove any small children and animals from the room before the bitch shows up.

I guess I got along with her about as well as could be expected. And, like you, I realized that this woman, who was actually very intelligent, was also very screwed up. You have to sort of pity that in a way.

I'm actually pretty happy in the job I have now, or at least I could be. I like my co-workers, even the apple-eater I was complaining about the other day. I don't what got into me -- just the stress I guess.

I like my boss pretty well too, although he also has the same tendancy you described, about jumping into the middle of things without really understanding all of the factors involved. Sometimes he has good suggestions -- but other times it just feels like he's in the way, which can be annoying, especially when we're in a serious crunch time.

He's sort of like the lifeguard that jumps into the pool to "save" you, even though you're not drowning. But basically, I like him.

I could actually enjoy my job (I work in advertising, as an "ad coordinator") if it wasn't for the godforsaken, unrealistic deadlines we're given. We have an art department with very talented artists who amaze me on a daily basis with what they are able to accomplish. It's just hard on all of us when we have a mountain of work to do, and are expected to turn the whole damn thing around in such a short time.

Anyway, I've gone on for too long now. More later.

Love,

Stray Cat
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:06 pm
you said "belched" Mr. Green
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:33 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
I like my boss pretty well too, although he also has the same tendancy you described, about jumping into the middle of things without really understanding all of the factors involved. Sometimes he has good suggestions -- but other times it just feels like he's in the way, which can be annoying, especially when we're in a serious crunch time.

He's sort of like the lifeguard that jumps into the pool to "save" you, even though you're not drowning. But basically, I like him.

Oh, my! Sounds like a boss I know way too well - except for the very final sentence.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:49 pm
Is that right, Roger? You know, sometimes I actually seek out my boss's input on certain things -- but for the most part, I'd appreciate it if he would just stay in his office -- and wait for me to seek him out.
0 Replies